Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kevin and Valen: Just Because Session in Los Angeles, Santa Monica


It is always a nice surprise when a past clients drops you an email to say they would love you to shoot another session for them, even after they have gotten married. For Kevin and Valen, I got their message all the way from their new home in Los Angeles, and I couldn't have been happier! If you remember, we shot their pre-wedding session last year, and it was one of the most amazing experiences I have had the pleasure of being a part of.

As a photographer, I am not allowed to have favourites by any means, but if I were allowed to break that rule it would be for this pair :) Words cannot describe how much I love these two! As a couple, they are madly in love, but as people they are two of the kindest, sweetest people I have had the honor of crossing paths with. Not only do I have the most insane amount of fun whenever I am with Kevin and Valen, but when Ju and I were in Los Angeles they took us out, made sure we enjoyed ourselves, and looked after us SO well. I couldn't believe that out of all the cities we had visited in the USA, they were making Los Angeles one of the most memorable. THANK YOU so much Kevin and Valen... not just for this amazing 'just because' session, but for sharing your lives with us. All those nights of Korean BBQ, Yoghurtland, overly large mexican food, and shopping galore, amongst all the laughter will remain in my heart forever!!! I've walked away not with clients in my hand, but friends, and for that, I'm so grateful :)

Uber uber uber amounts of love!!

xox
Jenny

ps: Oh, to everyone else, in case you are wondering - here are some of my favourites from their session in Los Angeles and surroundings :D

Hair/Makeup: By the FABULOUS Angeline of All Made Up (which is run by the ever popular Vivian Tran who also does the make up for alot of Jasmine Star's clients! :D) - Thank you Angeline for making Valen look gorgeous that day!! :D

Attire: Valen sourced all her cool clothes and accessories from some of my fave brands EVER - Forever 21, H&M, and Urban Outfitters :D


We started off by getting the country into our system, and visited a really pretty ranch!




I always believe you can tell how in love a couple is, no matter how young or old, by how they laugh together. I still stand by this belief to this day :)








These two have a knack for sitting and looking cute on farm fences ;)




There were some gorgeous fields of flowers we passed by that day!
















While we were waiting for Kevin at one point, we found this AMAZING field of yellow flowers and shot Valen in it :D




Then it was off to get some beach shots at Malibu and Santa Monica! :D The light in Los Angeles is AMAZING, coupled with the most beautiful blue skies I have ever seen in my life.






I know I shouldn't be posting shots that look so similar, but I couldn't help myself with these two shots... i love the subtleties in both! :D And who can pass up amazing light?? :D





We were SUPPOSED to make it to the pier, but we found SO many spots where the light just hit perfectly... including this parking lot.


And then finishing up on the beach, where the sunset and light was incredible. We get really pretty light in Sydney, but LA trumps us in that department through and through... You'll see what I mean soon :)

















The sunset was divine. DIVINE.


This is the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen. EVER. I have left it straight out of camera, just so you can appreciate how gorgeous it was the day I saw it :D


Happy thursday!!

:D


33 comments:

Girish said...

That's fantastic location..really.

Like the use of dof / focus you have done..give the background a nice soft feel and gives the 2 of them great importance.

Tiger Lily Photography said...

wow, just wow. these are awesome. you go girl. xx

Dianne Jago said...

Jenny, I'm just so IMPRESSED by this whole post. Seriously, I can't get over it. I keep waiting for the pics to load and then I bug my husband to check out the next beautiful picture. You are so talented and I hope that one day my work can express as much emotion and love as yours does. Keep it up!

<3 dianne

LeoraS said...

beautiful beautiful pictures!!! especially love the one with them in the water. Just gorgeous!!

Shane said...

super love this, Jenny! I adore your work and how you made memories seem unforgettable.

Paul Mock said...

Love it Jenny! You rocked this session! :) That is an awesome sunset!!!

Anna-Rina said...

Love the shots at the farm! And the light is suh-weet too!

& they're so cute together :) Rocked it big time Jen! wOOt!

Grace Tan said...

Yay you got to shoot in the yellow pweety flowers after all! :)

Beautiful images, Jenny! Absolutely love it!

. s h e r r y * said...

These are gorgeous <3 I love the California light!

Bunn Salarzon | Photographer said...

Jenny, I think you're my favorite photographer! Like, so not kidding. :)

Nancy said...

OMG! Beautiful, love your work... Santa Monica is one of my favorite places.

I've been wanting to do a picnic or hike in a place like the one with the yellow flowers... where is this? Please share the location, I am dying to go. ;)

I'm glad you've enjoyed the city, it's got a lot of soul.

edwintan said...

great set!!

Nicolenjoli said...

wow, these are beautiful, I like your style:) We ARE so spoiled with beautiful light and sunsets in CALI... you captured it fabulously!

Angela Watts said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Jillian said...

i loveeeeeeeeeeeee this set :)
amazing light!

Linda Truong said...

These are gorgeous Jen!!! Far out! You are definitely in a league of your own, love!!! For suresie!!

Joanna said...

Wowsers @ the lighting! :D :D

Bernard said...

Very lovely & inspiring shots. Would love to attend a course conduct by you if you're in M'sia.

Joe Chong said...

this is fantastic !!!!!!!

Fong said...

Brilliant... :)

Jessie said...

GORGEOUS!!! seriously I've never ever seen such a beautiful sets of photos and the sunset...GOOD JOB,Jenny!

dans said...

Jenny.. Jenny.. stop spoiling us with your lovely photos.

Thresha Photography said...

I love all of these!!! Especially the images in that beautiful field of yellow flowers!

Anneli - A'la Foto said...

These are beautiful pictures! Cute couple, the love shines right through to my heart! Wonderful!

Cindy Tjahja said...

*dies* this is too goooooodd!!

Jenny, you are seriously the BEST!

trish said...

this makes me smile so much, the joy on their faces is beautiful and yes, what light!!

Wedding Video Photography Sydney said...

Wow,, Astonishing view.. I love the color of the sunset...:D

Evonne & Darren Photography said...

These are gorgeous, Jenny! I agree, the lighting in Southern Cal is sooo amazing and I live in Hawaii! Maybe the smog makes everything more "dreamy"! :)

Paola said...

Absolutely stunning images!!!! You are so friggin' amazing Ms. Jenny & you were here.... in good ol' sunny SoCal. Wish I was there to witness you work it out!

Jessaca said...

was doing some blog hopping...found your blog and absolutly love your photography

Laura Biebl said...

These are SO gorgeous! Love them :)

Asther said...

Oh girl! You did it AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN!!! Gorgeous work and once again Valen & Kevin rocked the camera!

FiZzOu said...

beautiful captures. i can almost feel their love for each other in each shot.