Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, February 26, 2010

New York Engagement Photos: Maura and Bryan Pre-Wedding


I have been so excited to share this set for days! But if you've been following my facebook page (which I still encourage you to visit! :D), you'll know that my macbook pro has been broken on this long road trip of ours... which has sadly meant that all editing and blogging halted. Even now, I can't work at the pace that I used to, but the good news is that we've been snapping a tonne of photos along our journey and can't wait to share them with you whenever we can - albeit with a laptop short :P

Anyhow, meet Maura and Bryan! Two amazingly lovely new yorkers who are soon to be married this May! On a chilly wintry late February afternoon, we wandered the cobblestone streets of New York and explored its charming older facades to document Maura and Bryan's love! :D

These two are just incredible - they came prepared with a whole google map route of all their favourite hangout places and I kept ooh-ing and ahh-ing at each new turn. What met my eyes were vintage streets, old books, a quintessential American diner, and AMAZING light. We completely lucked out - it was snowing, raining, and grey in New York City the entire week before this shoot, and come Maura and Bryan's day - the sun decided to show off a little and it was just glorious :D

Thank you SO much Maura and Bryan for being so fabulous! You spoke my heart in all the elements and choices for your session making it just perfect and I had the best time with the two of you in front of my lens :D I hope these images make you smile as you grow old together and remember why you love each other so much :D

xox

Jenny


We started off at the park they sit and read at together :)












Maura and Bryan love their books so it felt so fitting to have some pretty books in this session! :D






The light was GORGEOUS that day. No, really.


And if you didn't believe me the first time, I took a closeup to show you again! :D












I don't know why, but I love this shot of Maura :D














At the diner they love to eat at :D










I LOVE LOVE polaroid cameras! This was was uber cool. The pictures come out amazing!


Look! :D


Thank you SO much to the wonderful Amanda from RUFFLED, who sent me this beautiful couple my way (they won the NYC engagement competition that was held on her blog)!! :D :D (brides, you HAVE to visit her blog - it is choc FULL of amazing ideas for your wedding!! :D)

Have a beautiful weekend everyone! I'm working hard to get back online and resume things as best as I can. If I am a little slow for awhile, please forgive me! More pictures are coming!

:)


19 comments:

Jillian said...

I love love LOVE it :)

Pamelyn Tan-Corsi said...

Sounds like you are having a brilliant time. Continue to have fun and lots of fun. Look forward always to your postings. Take care. This is a lovely set of photos.

Katie said...

Gorgeous couple, gorgeous colour, gorgeous light! Love them all!

Linda Truong said...

I love this set Jenny!! Amazing use of light! Great chemistry between subjects, photographer and location!!! Love it!!HARD!

Anna-Rina said...

ZOMG! The colors, the light, the couple, the shots - I likeeeee :D

Can't wait to see the rest of your shots while you're in the USA! Travel safe and see ya soon :)

Grace Tan said...

Lovely series! I love everything about it - the colours, the locations, their expressions of love for each other. Well done!

Sandy said...

i love the scenes w/ the blue door (especially the second picture posted here), the red building (especially the ones of her pulling his scarf), the one of maura herself with the stunning blue coat, and then the POLAROIDS! those are all my faves. you did a REALLY great job Jenny!

Vesna said...

Wow...just beautiful. V

3D ArchVis said...

Beautiful candid photographs. (I think all are candid, am I right)

Nice light.

Joshua K said...

Very nice & vintage shots! Love this set!

Dianne said...

These are absolutely amazing!!!!!! Nice work :)

Sorry I wasn't able to meet you in SanFran. I'm glad I didn't attempt the drive, there was a huge accident and traffic was at a standstill throughout the day.

Robin Ng (Robin Ng photography) said...

lovely shot!

Hannah said...

These are phenomenal, Jenny! I love love love them!

mm said...

lovely set of picts!
gorgeous.

Valen said...

The pics are really inspiring! I have watched them a few times but still LOVE it..:D Fantastic!

Ashley said...

Great job, Jenny! Have always liked your works, especially those lights and colors! Wonderful!

Agnes Sim said...

simple n nice pre-wedding shots!

Vincy said...

wowowowow this is a very nice change from your usual summer photography.. succch a different feel and so classy LOVE IT TOO :P
[sorry,late reply, but saw this in your inbox and had to look :P]

Angela Ho said...

WOW! Love it!