Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Travel Destination: New York, USA - Day 1


Its quiet. I can only hear the heater in my room bang sporadically every now and again to fill the chilly winter air. My eyes are painfully heavy, as try to pen down these thoughts and rest my back against the white wall of the apartment we are staying in. Its a small, humble abode, and the stairs creak in aching sighs as you tread up and down....but I like it. It feels New York. I'm not even sure if I understand what that means yet, but something about it exudes that element that makes New York, New York.

When we landed this morning, we saw little droplets of frost slowly blanket the ground. Apparently this was going to be the only day in the week where we'd see snow, so after offloading our luggage and grabbing the most delightfully fresh club sandwich I've ever had, we set our feet to work and began to explore the city. We didn't get far because the snow started to become fierce, but what we managed to catch before the light disappeared that day made me happy :) And if this would be the last we'd see of this magical white sheet across the city, I'd be happy.... I got to play in the snow, and let some of it land on my tongue, we met a stranger at Central Park who was taking photos for his book about the place, and we ended the day eating some amazing french food and catching up with an old friend. Life is good :)

Here are my favourite shots from today! I'm off to bed now to cure this jetlag of mine. I've made it to 2am local time and hope to wake up at a normal hour tomorrow! :)


The most amazing club sandwich I've ever had... everything was so fresh!! :D If only I can remember the name of that restaurant! *will update when I find out!*








Many different feet...


Ju making snowballs to attempt to throw at me! hah!


One view of many, of central park... I hope to explore more of it this week :)






A little friend we found along the way! :)




Around and about Columbus Circle, and Warners Time Center :)


See you next post!

x

21 comments:

edwin tan said...

enjoy your trip!! hope one day i can visit there too...

sandrawong.com said...

the Winter Wonderland New York! Miss the place so much.. i used to study at Boston and drive up to New york! :) Have fun.. waiting for more of your photos :D

Alex TheBackpackr.com said...

Nice photos! Can't wait to catch you in San Francisco on the next leg. We've been so, so, SOOO busy putting together our itinerary and are getting more and more excited by the day.

New York, you elude us this time around, but we shall be back with greater vigor! SF, LA & Vegas will have to do for us. :)

Evonne Wong said...

NYC is one of my favorite places to visit. It's so beautiful during the winter time. Hope you are enjoying yourself. See you in a few weeks!

Marianne Lozano said...

love these!

Christine said...

looks like you're having an awesome time jen! :) and how CUTE are squirrels??! :) i miss seeing them. :) xoxo

sam said...

your photos make me smile... yet again :)

have an amazing time Jen!

Matt and Katie said...

Lovely photos Jenny! Especially love the snow falling shot, 3rd from the top! Keep having an awesome time.

Meaghan Cook said...

All that snow! What a wonderful insight into what New Yorkers are experiencing. I love that street scape shot. x

Angel Chris said...

Excellent photography Jenny!Amazing pics ,really wonderful. I love the snow falling picture most. Great job!!
Sydney Harbour Charter

Grace Tan said...

Lovely photos! I don't really like the cold, so I am glad I don't have to suffer the weather! :) I can't wait for our trip. See you soon in SF!

guynextdoor84 said...

Nice snowy photos :)
Happy CNY

Becks said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE New York and I LOVE that different feet picture!!! I love when people notice the little things in life. It made me smile and giggle!!! Hope you have fun in NY!!

Natasha Khoo said...

Happy CNY Jenny!

Love these pics... so nostalgic!

Mei Teng said...

wow...beautiful series! Love the winter treescapes, footprints and the squirrel shots.

Jason Ting said...

Wow loving the pictures Jenny. Can't wait to see more from your trip to US.

Photographe Pour Mariage said...

Out of this world snaps! It is poles apart.

Siok Yin said...

I recently moved from New York to Iowa. Did not realize the beauty of the city until I saw your beautiful pictures of NYC. Miss it in a sudden =)

Good job and I hope you enjoy your NY trip!

Pol said...

These are great! Looks like you are having a fantastic adventure

Laura Biebk said...

I'm loving these! I've never been, but you made me feel like I was right on those streets! Also, loved your shoot Jasmine Star's blog-Beautiful :)

Saw Kang Jong said...

Nice set..... awaiting more :)