Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, February 3, 2010

God's light


I love the sun. I was giving a talk recently, to explain how I use light, and one of the things I mentioned was how much I live and breathe the sun. It's sheer diversity, ways to use it, shape it, its tonality in all forms, just astounds me. I call it God's light because He made it, and it breathes life and color to everything below. It is also the centerpiece of all my work (when it comes out to play, of course! hehe), and I adore how it makes pictures look so warm and beautiful.

I recently took a road trip, on my own, and while I've shown you the pretty rainbow I got on the way there, I decided to wake up 3 hours earlier than I had to, to make the drive back home so I could see the sun rise against the lush countryscapes, hills dotted with lines of trees, and clouds bellowing over the green tops :)

And as I sat and prayed at the start of my journey that I would be able to see something beautiful along the way, God in his wonderful ways, showed me the following. I really love our heavenly Father's amazing creation, it leaves me breathless every time :)

I love the sun, and God's light :) and I can't wait to see how it looks like under my lens when the husband and I do some trekking across the beautiful continent of USA in just a couple of weeks! SOOOO excited!! :D

Have a lovely mid week everyone! xox


Shot straight out of camera. The colours in the sky that morning, just astounded me with how gorgeous it looked.


I loved the windmills I could see in the far distance, while the rays of gold blanketed around them ever so softly.


Aren't these sun rays just incredible? This was probably my favourite shot!


And because I love all things rustic, vintage, farm, and country, I couldn't help but pull over and shoot these! If I could shoot a wedding in this kind of setting every day for the rest of my life, I'd be in photographer's heaven! hehe :D




Shot this with the last bit of sun before the storm clouds rolled in that day :)



xox

12 comments:

Valen said...

Another beautiful set of photos, i esp love the first shot.I am sure you will see a lot more amazing God's creation when you come to US. Welcome to United States!! :D

Benjamin Lim said...

sun shine gal! haha....nice shots there...am waiting for the london series now

Jenny Sun said...

@ben: I put up the london series in an earlier post... oh wait, you mean london with sun. haha... don't hold your breath! :P

@valen: i cant wait to see you!!

Mark said...

so nice Jenny!!! makes me wanna hop on a plane just to see it for myself:)

HenRy LeE ® said...

wow... so nice :D

Jennifer Lee said...

Hey Jenny, real nice photos there! I love the London ones... We met at one of your clients' wedding shoot, the one at Equatorial, the wedding emcee.

shawna said...

are you LDS by chance? The way you speak about God echoes of the language we use to speak of our Father in Heaven. So reverent so personal, so familiar.

jk said...

if i'm not mistaken, jen attends a church called SMACC.

you can find out more about it at smacc.info

:)

Cedric Chan Studio said...

Another great set of photos. I think He speaks to you thru the photos you captured too. :)

Evro Moudanidis said...

Amen Sistah :)

peterpascoe25 said...

Try going to Naplesweddingcatering.com

Lydia said...

Beautiful!