Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hunter Valley Engagement: Kim and Alison


There is just something soulfully, and inherently romantic about wine countries and vineyards - maybe it is the dry sun-kissed air that floats in a balmy-like dance, or the smell of ripe grapes bursting full of the summer juice, or the golden aura of light that so often blankets the entire area, or perhaps it is because the sight of rolling green hills laced with luscious green and purple grapes that conjures up light happy memories of when my husband and I used to visit the area that make this type of place so special. Whatever it is, I love it. To bits.

So you can imagine my delight when Ali and Kim came to me, telling me they got engaged in the hunter valley (Sydney's famous wine country and vineyard region) and loved the idea of having photos there! I always tell people that if I could shoot in the country, or in vineyards, or any other rustic romantic kind of place with things like cottages, old pretty gardens, I'd be in photography heaven! I could shoot in places like that every single day of my life and it would be perfect :)

Anyhow, I sadly couldn't shoot their wedding day, but I felt just as honored to document their love for their e-session. Thank you Kim and Ali for such a lovely privilege and for making the afternoon so perfect - your larger-than-life final set just proved how amazing the session was! You two are going to have an amazing wedding! Much love for a blessed marriage ahead! Wish I could be there, but know I'll be thinking of you on the other side of the world :)

Here are my favourites from their shoot (watch out, its a big post!)










I love when these two laugh - it makes me happy :)


I love it when girls have enough make up on! Look how pweeety Alison's eyes are! :D I think there is a huge fear that brides think they look too dark, but it looks just as bad when its on too light! The rule of thumb is, if you feel its a little darker than what you are used to - its good :) So girls, listen to your makeup artists!! :)














Awesome hot shoes - ALWAYS a plus on my shoots! :D






A fave!












The light was just AMAZING that day... loved being able to grab the below frames at the end of our session. The location was a total accidental find - but happy accidents are always the best! :D














You cant beat light that looks as perfect as this. Faves! :D








And here is their slideshow with a TONNE of extra photos! :D

See you next post everyone! :D

xox

ps: if you are wondering why the lack of updates, we're gearing up heavily for our huge trip to the United States! New York being the first stop!

21 comments:

Tracy said...

Gorgeous yummy light! Love it!

eric said...

lovely colour!

. s h e r r y * said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the location and the light <3 AND her shoes :)

kt mac said...

Hi Jenny it's Katie from a little bird told me so.
Thanks so much for your comment - how fun would it be to design your studio someday :)
also once again ah-mazing photos :)
I just love the Hunter.
Would you mind me asking where exactly were these taken?

ps. I am also the 'Katie' who inquired about you shooting my wedding Nov 20 in the Hunter. But u were overseas then :(

x

Anonymous said...

Heh Jenny,couldn't agree more about teh make-up. It looks so great & makes such a difference to a great shoot. Cheers Karissa

Shell (貝殼) said...

Very nice colour & sharp.
Great ablum, I Love it~

amrufm said...

Great set as usual Jenny

I usually come down to your blog to get inspiration...

Today I got lots of it (^.^)

Asther said...

Oh girl! U must bring me to those pretty places one day! This couple are sooo gigglish & full of laughter!

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Stunning Jenny!! I love the softness of these photos, Oh I cannot wait till Summer here!! I adore the warm light and warm breeze!

Katie said...

Absolutely stunning Jenny. Makes me smile all over. :)

Caroline Ghetes said...

LOVE all of these! Goodness is this couple spoiled with these images, or what? Love the colors in all them as well : )

Amy said...

YUMMY-LICIOUS!!!!...:D:D:D...makes me happy..

Geoffrey Sinclair said...

Fantastic photos Jenny, don't you love long grass for photography

Saw Kang Jong said...

awesome set!

chipgillespie said...

exquisite work.

Photographe Pour Mariage said...

Out of this world snaps! Both bride and bridegroom are looking arresting. I will keep stay.

Rebecca said...

Really nice shot!

Lydia said...

I was going through picking my favorite and had to stop...because I was loving each and every one! Gorgeous!

Tim May said...

Great pictures. Some real variety in terms of their poses etc. How much direction to you offer?

Sally said...

Stunning images and what great locations. Can't wait to get to Sysdney one day especially after seeing these! I'm in the UK but my other half is an Aussie from Melbourne! He wants to move back in the next few years so I might get up there then!

Chauffeured Car Gold Coast said...

Stunning couple…. stunning location…. stunning photos….. Brilliant, my friend! Wedding is one occasion which will be memorable in anyone’s life. You certainly have a way of capturing the moment.