Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, February 1, 2010

Hope, Fear, Change, and Rainbows


I'm not one to embrace change. In fact, I run from it like it is a deadly disease out to eat me alive. Because frankly, it sits as comfortably with me as a pair of jeans that are 2 sizes too small - I can't even breathe. But, as I grow older, as I move on from my own mistakes, and as I learn from others' wisdom around me, I realize that change is inevitably uncomfortable. Painful. Especially if it is good change, the kind of change that challenges and grows you as a person, the kind of change that makes you better.

The last few days have all been about change. They have been about confronting certain things I have been afraid of wanting - business wise, and life wise. Big things... like big scary kind of goals that seem almost impossible. But I learned that it is okay to want them...and that I need to be bold in taking that step and actually start chasing after it. For real.

As I was driving this weekend to where I was going, I had the pleasure of being on the road when the sun was in the process of rising. And as I saw the gold slowly spill over the horizon, what eventually grew into view was a perfectly arched rainbow that was so big that its ends spilled out over the edges of where my sight ended. And it was perfect. I'm not sure what the world's symbolic significance of rainbows are, but being a Christian, I grew up learning and knowing that God's meaning of rainbows in the bible are for hope, and promise.





So while I sit here in my $79 a night motel, on the bottom mattress of this white bunk bed while the TV plays some cheesy late night talk show, I am excited about change... about the plans and dreams that have been scribbled down this weekend, which I hopefully will share with all of you as this year slowly unfolds. I am still a little nervous to hope, and not just because the things I am hoping for are so big, but because hope is often that double edged sword that can inevitably bring disappointment too, and disappointment scares me. And that just makes me feel stupid for wanting in the first place. But no great thing has ever happened, or blossomed sitting in a place that is too comfortable. Or worrying about what others think.

So here's to a 2010 that is full of change, realizing hopes, chasing after big dreams, and making them real.

My hope is that when I am sitting on the other end of this year, and having to think back how it has all unfolded, I can share with all of you something wonderful, instead of sitting in regret of wasting another year just wanting but never doing :)

Stay tuned for some fabulous changes happening this year! Tears and all! ;)




10 comments:

trish said...

I for one am absolutely excited to see what 2010 will be bringing your way, you've got the gifts to succeed and the faith to keep it real so there's totally nothing to be afraid of! Chat more tomorrow xx

Nick Lim said...

Can't think a better way to start the new year than to be full of gratefulness and praises.. :)
Beautiful post Jenny.. really inspiring..

. s h e r r y * said...

:) I'm excited for you!! I would really love an epiphany for me right now. That rainbow photos is pretty stunning!!!

youna said...

:D Proud of you for facing it~!
I'm gonna be facing lots of changes and it's gonna be scary too ;)

Mei Fui said...

Used to hate any sort of changes as well as it took me time, pain and whole lot of effort to adapt to a new scene.

But these days, I start to embrace the changes in my life as it makes the entire journey a more exciting experience. As some wise guys used to say - it's better to live a life with ups and downs rather than a mundane one with nothing to shout about!

Asther said...

My prayers be with you. :) Go forward, Jenn!

guynextdoor84 said...

My supervisor once told me, you got to learn from NIKE motto:
JUST DO IT!!!

And i found that very true :)

Mark Leo said...

All the best Jenny! 2010 will be fantastic!

Mary Anne Morgan said...

Jenny, I am most confident that whatever it is you are dreaming about will come true for you. You are a bright and shining star. I completely understand your fears though, as I have them often. Seems we are always in some state of transition, but then it wouldn't be life would it. Keep trusting your Father and honoring Him and He will do the rest.

Blessings to you sweet Sunshine,
Mary Anne

Dashy | San Francisco Bay Area Photographer said...

WOW! Very inspiring...thank you for sharing. May you have many more blessings and abundance in life. 2010 is going to be awesome!