Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Small Random Purchases make me happy


Okay, I am totally not allowed to, or supposed to be blogging with this INSANE schedule I have for march and april, but rules are meant to be broken. And I love that blogger allows you to write the entry whenever you do have time no matter what time of day it is, on the road (if you have 3G!!), and then it will automatically publish it at a later date + time which you choose! This post (and the next one coming) is one such example of technology servicing the people, and not people servicing the technology! :D

Anyhow, Ju and I recently headed out to the malls, with my very practical list of items to buy:
(1) new hair dryer (after we so conveniently fried ours :p)
(2) garbage bags (this was utmost top priority! the 911 kind)

Well, I'm proud to say that I was well behaved and bought the garbage bags. All 50 of them! But if you knew it was out of dire necessity (and also knowing what else was in my bag at the end of the evening), you probably wouldn't be so proud of my spending restraint. You see, a couple of weeks back, when I was emptying the trash, I got really really mad at the bag company!! Boo to them, because as I was putting trash in the NEW bags which I had just fitted our steel can bin with, I realized there was a leak! Low and behold when I pulled the bag out, there was a shiny new hole.... and coming out of it in accelerating speed was all the oil, water (which was scented of fish), crumbs, and food scraps from the day's meals we had.

Bad huh? Wait.

So being the diligent wife (hah :p), I composed myself after nearly shrieking at the sight and mess, and moved the trash to a new bag. Only to find.... the trash was falling out of ANOTHER hole in this NEW bag. Double whammy. This cycle kept going until I realized by the fourth bag, that the entire set of bags I had bought was probably corrupt. I was utterly distressed, and annoyed of having to clean the same mess about 4 times. So you see, our 911 garbage dilemma was serious. We HAD to get new bags. No. Matter. What. And so we did :) Plus I am proud to announce that these latest bags are MUCH MUCH better than its predecessor.

Anyhow, because planned purchases are so NOT fun, here is what kept my new garbage bags company as we went home from the malls that night.

These purchases made me smile :)

I love toned arms (Anna Rina!! You have grown seeds of envy in me! LOL!!), but despite my job, I've been growing in areas that I do not like! So Ju was nice enough to buy me some light weights while he bought some heavier ones. We are on a mission to look and BE fitter.
*sigh* Its such a hard road, I tell ya!



I'm telling you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my flats. While I adore the look of heels, my feet would initiate world war 3 with me, if I ever placed them inside anything that is higher than 5mm. So, with that, my love affair with finding the coolest flats to add to my shelf continues all the time :) And if they are comfortable, even better. So far, my yellow flats from paris have been queen in my cupboards. Until I saw these. They are so OTT, but I love that about them. I still believe they can look cool in a casual AND dressy outfit. Challenge my shoe theory, and you'll be sorry! :p *kids*


Alright, next post is going to be all about your FAQs!! SOOOO many of you have asked questions about posing, light, post processing, style, gear, locations, and so on....I figured it is about time to address these topics bit by bit on this blog space to stop me from typing the same things a thousand times :) I would LOVE to be able to answer all of you individually and personally, but with my time, schedule, and travel commitments, its hard to reply to every single message that comes into my inbox. So if you would love your questions answered, please send them to info@jennysunphotography.com with the subject 'FAQ' and I'll add it to the FAQs-to-be-answered-on-my-blog vault.

For now, I have to run. There are planes to catch, shoots to shoot, and another war to fight with this crazy inbox of mine amidst all the other things that have to get done! It's so busy I can't breathe!! :) Sayonara for now!!!


7 comments:

Lydia said...

Jenny, I think those are FABULOUS shoes! So versatile as it can be dressy and casual at the same time! Love it!

eddieleevideo said...

Babe !!! Nice blink blink shoe!!! Now u can save on the reflector oledi!!!! :)

geminie said...

lol @reflector comment! Can't wait to see this new FAQ post, and yes those flats are yummy! :P

sandrawong.com said...

those blink blink pumps is nice! i have one of those too.. mine is gold colour!

I love your pictures :D

Faye said...

wooooo for new shoes! especially ones that look fabulous! ;)

Jenny Sun said...

@ Eddie: !!! Only you would make a comment like that!! haha... hilarious ! Pity though, I already bought my reflector. Maybe I should give it away :p

annaiam said...

Ditto on the flat shoes! Great for shoots too!

And dont be envious about the arms Jenny, cos I'm actually a man *in a gruff voice*

Heheh...have a good time in Melb :D