Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Keith and Joyce: Engagement


I'm often asked, why do I do what I do....what fuels the passion? And its so generic and cliched to say just 'well, because I love it'. While it rings true in every fibre and sense of the phrase, so many ingredients make up that love. It never is just a singular component. Nor is it one big umbrella with nothing inside it.

If I had to point my finger at one of the main reasons I get out of bed to do this everyday, why I make the sacrifices that I do, and why we work so hard for this, I would zealously hold down my finger on the fact that every couple I meet reminds me love is so good. Amidst all the moments where your better half will drive you completely mad, do all the things that grind up the irritation wall, make you sad....at the end of the day, you can't help but be pointed back to all the good and beautiful things that makes love so grand. From a look that says 'there's no one else but you', to the clasping of hands to assure 'you're safe', to the simplest of kisses for no reason at all but just because.

I know for me, each couple I cross paths with flips a page in my appreciation book for my own husband and I often (even though its usually shrouded by an enormous blanket of fatigue) after a shoot really look forward to going home to see him because of what two people in front of my lens, have reminded me about my husband or our relationship that makes me smile.

For Keith and Joyce, it's in the way he makes her laugh.

In those goofy, childlike, snippets of time where he makes a face, or a silly noise which causes that endearing smile to blossom on Joyce's face, it reminds me of all the peter pan moments that I so fondly remember about Ju. He has the uncanny ability to sometimes quell my most sour shades of blue and make me laugh. My favourite are the surprise bear hugs from behind :) And that makes me happy.

So, that's why I do what I do.

Here are my favourite snaps from our engagement session together! Joyce and Keith did another session with me prior to this and I will share it a little bit later because the feel is so different :) For now, enjoy these!








Gimme graffiti and dilapidated buildings anyday!! :D



I have said time and time again, I dont really know what the big fuss is about getting fancy complicated photos that require lots of posing, or light setups, or unorthdox composition. I really truly believe that if you couple great light, with the simplest of interactions between a couple, it can always result in something pretty. Gimme great light over great background anyday!






Mmmm... yummo light!! :D




This was probably one of my fave shots of the day.










Keith and Joyce are great and so trusting. They were totally not hesitant with any instruction or place I took them to. They even were willing to sit in this dusty shack of a mess for me! :D








Random paddocks of grass are my favourite.. :D




Keith is also a photographer and Joyce plays the flute... here is them doing their silly THANG! I did not ask them to do this! They were just mucking around and I like it lots! :D


Thank you both so much for being so trusting and so willing!!! See you this saturday! :D

And for the rest of you, another FAQ post is next in answer to the overwhelming number of emails and messages we've received!! :D



7 comments:

Linda Truong said...

I love your use of light in this series. Beautiful location. You worked it so well! :D Love the photograph of them out on the road!! :D Where is it? :D

Lauren said...

Just gorgeous Jenny, as per usual. Your photos are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Naomi Dear said...

Very very lovely! My absolute favourite is no 7 and the yummy light ones that follow!

sandrawong.com said...

i just love all your pictures :D good job jen :D

annaiam said...

Love the combo of lighting and post processing here Jenny :) And you would so make an awesome writer if you weren't already such a great photographer. Thanks for sharing!

P/S : Dudeeee, when's our DVD sessionnnnnn :p

annaiam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oneshotbeyond said...

every one is so beautiful! The colors and clarity you achieve is superb!