Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, March 19, 2009

Intermission


Things are a little crazy at the moment. Living in between guest homes, hotel beds, and so on can be extremely tiring, taxing emotionally, and especially physically. It's been fun... definitely don't get me wrong, but try doing all that, plus shoots in between, and running your office and business virtually while on the move. Its INSANE! :p I feel like I need an extra 8 arms and 5 heads. But that would make me extremely ugly. And I fear I'd then freak out every single client or person I cross paths with. So perhaps not :p

As I am sitting here at 30 minutes past 1, for some abnormal reason, I am somewhat stuck on what to write. Perhaps it is the fact that I am just exhausted. Or maybe there is just so much clockwork happening in the rusty chambers of my brain that I just can't think straight at present. So when these enigmatic moments happen, the best thing to do is to sprinkle some highlights and wait for clarity to present itself to divulge the full story :)

Here are a couple of places our feet met with:

The 12 apostles, Great Ocean Road. 
The weather was absolutely AWFUL pretty much the entire time we were in VIC. In particular while we were galavanting around the beautiful Apollo Bay, the storms reached such a ferocious intensity in wave after wave of torrential rain and hurricane like winds, we were worried that the windows would shatter from the force. Thankfully, there were brief glimmers of sun, and when they came, they were glorious like below :) The 12 Apostles was definitely a HUGE highlight on this incredible drive on the edge of the Australian continent. 



Remnants of the VIC fires, Yarra Valley
The news of the vicious fires that ate up so much of the VIC landscape, was worldwide knowledge. But to know what is happening, and to SEE the aftermath in person is a totally different story. My heart literally crumbled as I saw the following scene.

It was common to have the above as the 'typical' backyard for alot of homes around the Yarra Valley. Ju and I travelled to this region to taste the wines, and we were warned not to go because of the recent fires. But I am glad we did. I think people need to know the kind of horrific damage that amassed from the disaster... so many homes were claimed, lives were lost, businesses burnt to the ground, and so much of the aussie wildlife have lost their homes. I saw the following image in the media, and it really is heart breaking.


My hope is that people keep supporting the pledge to raise money for the recovery of the region, but more importantly - go and visit the place. These people's lives revolve around the visitors and tourists that come to these places, so its so imperative to provide support in this manner too.


Random bits of nature, Cape Otway
Renting a car, and having a GPS is the best. You really get to stop wherever you like and soak in whatever peaks your interest. Here is something that made my eyes happy at Cape Otway.



And for those who are looking for images from shoots, here is a sneak peak! I know!! I hate sneak peaks, but like I always say, some images are better than none, right?? Enjoy!



Back soon with more postcards :) Please tell me if I should stop posting these!! I'd hate to be boring the living daylights out of all of you :)


7 comments:

stephers said...

Believe me, Jenny, when I say you are NOT boring the living daylights outta me! :)

Love your pics of VIC.

Mark Leo said...

Wow, the 12 apostles look absolutely breathtaking! Love it so much, can't wait to see more of your photos Jenny!

Naqib said...

nice work there Jenny..need a quick question what software do you use to make the slideshows for your blog..and how do you post it in blogspot? sorry to have to ask..I am not that techy with certain things and this is definitely one of them..thanks

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. So glad I found your blog. You just got a new stalker :)

tammeegoreng said...

ooo i'm glad you decided to drive down the GOR! It is absolutely amazing!! Totally agree about 12 Apostles, and love the shot!

tammy

Deyla Huss said...

So good to see you are safe and sound on your adventures! So glad your keeping touch even when your sleepy! :) I love love the first image, stunning!!!!!

Amanda said...

No, not boring. First shot soooo BEAUTIFUL. I saw the pic of the firefighter and his friend on the news. So sweet and sad. Sometimes you don't think of the effects on the animals. Down south in Cali they get bad fires and here in Oregon too, every summer. The wildlife suffers too and that picture is a good illustration of that. :( Thanks for the pics.