Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, March 5, 2009

One


You could say that we are one, or you could say that we are nine.

The fact is, we could be either depending on how you look at it.

I like to think we are both :)

Recently, Ju and I technically turned, 9. That is, we've been together for 9 years. That's almost a decade!! That's right, for those that know how to do their math well (I was abysmal at it in high school and was almost failing!! So my parents carted me off to the only tuition I ever did, before I did serious numerical damage before I entered my senior high years!! I ended up coming 2nd in my grade :p ) it means we met at the oh-so-cultivated and sophisticated age of 17. This was our first ever photo of each other (I thought LONG and HARD before I decided I should post it up because we look so awfully AWFUL!! I swear, I do not look anything like that now, that there is no inch of treelikeness about my hair anymore, and that I wear less scariness in my shades of lipstick. PROMISE):




I guess the more important event though, was when our 9 year anniversary was TRUMPED by our very very recent celebration of being one! It doesn't happen often that we get to celebrate being YOUNGER, so when we turned one, we clinked wine glasses to our very own 365 days of being married in style :D It was the most relaxing weekend I've ever had in what has seemed like YEARS, thanks to Ju who decided to pamper and spoil his crazy and at times erratic wife.

Here is another VERY flattering photo of us from the weekend. I look like a dead statue :p But I promise I am nothing like that in real life (except if I haven't slept :p ). Plus I hate showing my teeth. I have one very crooked snag of ivory (although people say they can't notice - maybe they're being nice!!) which makes me feel a little less pretty on some days. But I am thankful that my teeth weren't what they used to be when I was 14. I looked like dracula then. Thank God for braces.



And here is our attempt at something creative (attempt is the key word because obviously we so succeeded :p) with our point and shoot camera:


Happy 1 year Ju! I know I didn't get you a card (I loved yours! Please don't stop buying me cards!!), but I hope a blog post and my present makes up a little :) Here's to many many more years of love and craziness ahead :) 143.

xx
Jen


----

Okay, I am bummed like ANYTHING that I couldn't go to Jason Mraz last night, and I have just come out of a crazy travel period so I am tackling emails, and my godzilla-sized to do list today!!
So, crazy office woman mode is switching on...NOW!!



18 comments:

stephers said...

Congrats on your 1 + 9 years anniversary!!

PS: Funny how you went for the Seafield Prom and I didn't! HAhaha.

Jenny Sun said...

@ Stephers: lol!!! I know eh?? i totally crashed the party :p And didn't pay either. What happened to the bouncers and ticket collectors?? hahaha...

Faye said...

happy anniversary! you guys look awesome!

Nicholas Leong said...

You were from SMK Seafield? My school?!? :P

karheng said...

Hmmm Ju....suddenly i see....WAH This JU very familiar..seafield mia kaki...LoL

Jenny Sun said...

@Nicholas: hahaha! Nah, I did my entire schooling in Sydney!! The boy I happened to like went to Seafield though :) He is now my husband, just in case people read that wrong! :D

Nicholas Leong said...

Lol small world. I just realised I am old here. :(

Your husband is my junior.

Mark L said...

Nick, let me reaffirm you, you are OLD! :P

Congrats Jenny!

Joel said...

you are so brave to put that picture up!!!! but congratulations!!!!

seowching said...

愛, 九歲大.
not sure if u can read it or not :)

the love is 9 years old :)

blessed marriage ^^

jameswong said...

Nice blog - and amazing header pic! Wow ... great, great! :p

astherlauphotography said...

Happy Anniversary to u both! Gosh... Ju was soooo soooo thin then, eh? Hahaha...

Anna-Rina said...

Happy Anniversary you two :D So cute to see (and compare!) that 1st pic and current pic of you two. Heehe...

I was in Seafield for 2 years too last time. Hahaha!

Events by Evonne said...

Happy Anniversary, Jenny!

karheng said...

Gosh how rude of me...I was just amazed to see those pix...have always been amazed with your work!

Congrats on your first + nine!

ju said...

anna rina, you sure u r from seafield? did you join the kelab fotografi then?

yes kar heng, it's me..

as for the weight gain? i was thin then and now i'm normal?

Joanneyap said...

Congrats Jenny & Ju! =)

Grace Tan said...

So cute! It's nice to see how you looked like years ago. You look different now. And you can be reassured that I think you look way better now! Haha... Thanks for sharing.