Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, February 19, 2009

Alia and Johan: Just Because


Mark Twain once wrote: "Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century". It pointed my understanding that love should grow, deepen, and feel more as time soldiers past us. Sadly, in reality, what I have observed is quite the opposite. Alot of couples drift, they grow apart, they divorce, and in my opinion the saddest - they just fall out of love.

It is my most ardent belief that couples do not show they love one another enough. You know, in those special little ways. We often get so caught up with work, children, worries about money, worries about our careers, what we wear, how we look, how others see us, that we often forget or take for granted the person who stands by us through it all. That same person who watches us cry, who watches us pick up the pieces, who sees us when life is good, and also when life turns black. Because, well, they are always there.

And it's saddening because love is such a beautiful thing. It starts off with a million and one fireworks that explode in a cascade...a shower of colours, and a fire that would light the darkest corners. Sure, love matures, but does it necessarily have to fade into a routine of dry stagnancy? I sometimes wonder where that passion goes. The stubborn idealist inside of me refuses to believe that people become so lazy, or so selfishly caught up in themselves, that they forget the little ways they used to extend their heart out to their loved one. You know, surprise notes. Gifts for no reason. Calls just to say 'I miss you'... Then I meet couples like Alia and Johan and their love and adoration for each other seems so ardently apparent and visible, that it really warms your heart to be allowed witness of it. And I am reminded that the idealist inside of me isn't really stupid or naive after all.

I remember remarking to the couple during our "just because" session together (they were already married when I shot them!), saying that I just LOVED the fact that they were not shy or embarrased to show their affection towards each other. To which Johan confidently and proudly replied "It's the way of the French" :) I believe him. But really, I think it is just that they are THAT much in love :) You could see it in the way they looked at each other. The way they held each other's hand. The way that they just are.

Their session brought me back to my roots, and roped me back to why I fell in love with photography in the first place - being able to capture the essence of a couple's love for one another. As a photographer, we sometimes get so consumed by having to be (or pressured to be in my case) so perfectly and artistically creative (which is important) or getting the craziest most abstract angles that we often get lost and forget that the real soul of taking the kind of photos we take, is to bring out the spirit of who two people are together and what they mean to each other, to the frame. It is about capturing love. It is about capturing a soul. It is about bringing to surface what makes them, them. That, to me, is what a real photo is, in our kind of photography-line. To photographers out there reading this, remember that, in the crazy tidal waves of industry pressure to be this or that with your style :)

Thank you for an awesome time together Alia and Johan! I had a real blast. Thank you for being completely yourselves and showing how much you mean to each other. My camera loved you back for it :) I only hope I meet more couples like yourselves in the future, and that in a quarter of a century, you will be more crazily in love than you already are :)

Here are my favourite shots from their session!

*Edit* To those who have asked/emailed/messaged - the locations I shot in for this shoot were Sentul Park, and Carcosa :) And yes, Johan and Alia have great fashion sense! :)












































































Here's one of those very RARE wide shots I will take.




And here is their slideshow!! :) I put a different kind of melody to their photos because I thought it suited their fun personalities :) Enjoy!



22 comments:

natt said...

love this one...gorgeous =)

Linda Truong said...

They are absolutely fantabulously HOT! Man, you did such a great job... Post processing looks different from the usual. I love the location, it's so fresh, great choice, it really highlights their personalities and their love for one another. By far one of my favourite sets... Great work Jen!

trish said...

Awesome work! Was looking forward to this since you posted the teaser yesterday. Definitely really fresh and it just makes you smile contagiously. They are such a gorgeous couple and such a great sense of style too :) Yay!

Anna said...

Absolutely lovin' all the shots you took for them babe :D Your PP's amazing and the composition is superb!

And Alia and Johan are disgustingly gorgeous aren't they? Hehehe...nice catching up with you earlier. See ya again soon!

joshua k said...

Great shots !!

deylahuss said...

Gorgeous! IM loving the Post processing as well, very crisp and clean! Very fresh and Modern looking! Great work as always Jen!

Faye said...

jenny, i've been looking at your blog for a few weeks now and i must say that this shoot is my absolute favorite! they look so happy and gorgeous!

geminie said...

Your introduction to this very sweet couple was awesome...You're so right in everything you've said. It reminded me of the movie, The notebook, have you seen it? If not, I now you'd love it...you should rent it :)

geminie said...

*know... I hate leaving spelling mistakes :(

Nicholas Leong said...

Excellent! :) love the high contrast in these shots :)

fyzal said...

Lurve the photos, lurved the PP.

Annie Peterson said...

this is the first time I've been to your site, and your photos are great! God has given you a real gift!

Grace Tan said...

Such a beautiful set of images! You're right, they just exude love and happiness. Amazing work!

Gina Meola said...

What a gorgeous shoot!!

teresaling said...

Lovely shots jenny! I love the PP. amazing.

Brad Peters said...

great color and richness!

Naomi Dear said...

Wow! One of the best portrait sessions I've ever seen.

Amanda Wilcher said...

What BEAUTIFUL lighting!!! The color, expressions captured...well everything is so awesome. Again, great job! -A

Lisa said...

Jenny, you are insanely talented. These are some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen; you clearly have a finely honed instinct for capturing exactly what it is about a couple that makes them special. The shot of the two of them playing the piano may just well be the most glorious image I have ever seen. Bravo!

Matty said...

excellent shots!! i love your work esp the pp on this pics.. all using 50mm?

Angela said...

I am in love with your work!! You have such a creative eye!! So inspiring!!!! :)

cheemeng said...

What...what.....what can i say...just simply amazing!!!