Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, February 13, 2009

David and Dorothy: Engagement


WOW, what felt like just yesterday was last sunday.

As I peered over to my clock moments ago, I realized that it was already friday! How DID it get to this point of the week so fast? Where DOES all the time go?? Is there a black hole that time gets sucked into, that is oblivious to us humans?? :p If I am not careful, I'll be 50, old, fat (gosh, I hope not!) and won't even realize it! :p

Anyhow, I thought I'd better post some photos here, before this week officially bulldozes past me in sprint-like fashion :)

Meet David and Dorothy! Who came from Singapore for their pre-wedding/engagement and rocked a session with me in KL and Malaccca! This was all done in 1 day people! Yes, thats right, 2 states in a day :) We're craaaaazy, I tell ya! :p

Here were my fave shots from our time together! Thank you David and Dorothy for gracing your awesome faces and personalities for my camera :) You were both fabulous!

We struck gold, in the morning. There was some rock-a-licious light waiting for us! We all know what KL is like... polluted, grey, polluted, grey. You get the idea :p So, my eyes were doign the whole cheerleader dancing thing, when I saw this light :) It's rare I tell ya!




More of that delish light! Mmmmm :D


Yummo flare!!


Off to do something a little more urban :) I love ghetto spots!


There's that new post processing that is slowly making itself comfortable in some of my photos :)


Dorothy looks stunning, no? yes? That was a rhetorical question by the way :)


Something a little more fashion-y. I love fashion shots, and will always try to attempt it, if the stars alight for the shot! :D




























Travel out of KL a little, and you will find that the weather totally clears and you get some beautiful light like we did in Malacca :)


Now, I've said it time and time again on this blog, I rarely EVER take wide shots. This is mostly because I love shooting up close. Getting right in there with my clients :) Its a really good indication of how I like to interact with whom I shoot. But now and again, I'll pull out that good ol' wide lens, and play around a bit. Just a bit :)






We were lucky. The last spot of the day was a beach in Malacca (after the original beach had been taken over for a makeover!!) that we found, JUST as the light was disappearing. We managed to get some shots in the last 2 or 3 mins before the light went :)


Dusk. Just moments after that previous shot.




One more wide shot to end with :)


Happy Friday everyone! Have a fabulous weekend! And Happy valentines day to everyone!! Not just those with partners. I believe if valentines day is about love, we can share this day with anyone we love. Parents. Friends. Siblings. Anyone :)


14 comments:

Linda Truong said...

I love the urban-y location! The images are fantastic as usual! Intimate, warm and stunning! The golden light just brings it all together... :D

Allan said...

your new style is awesome! nice ghetto location you really can shoot anywhere

joshua k said...

Good location & perfect shots!

Nicholas Leong said...

Excellent shots! But I see man walking across window! Clone him out :P

senorita said...

wow.. really nice shots!!! love yr wide shots as much as yr close ups!

Su said...

The lights were really lovely. Especially loved the wide angled ones. So perfectly composed!

Joanna said...

wow, awesome light!
love the fashion shots! can we do some of those? *grins*

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Seriously girl!!! Amazing!!! Cant wait for you to come to Oregon!!!

Grace Tan said...

Malacca is a cool place, isn't it? :) And cool people come from there too.. *ahem!* see you Thursday!

JingKai said...

Whoa! Jenny.. You are one good photographer! :) Loved those shots.. Might get you to shoot my Wedding Photos in the future :)

Anonymous said...

Wow~ Nice shots! Loved the one where the Bride is sitting beside the classic wooden window :)

may said...

Just popped by to say: Jenny I love your shots! Would've never thought a location like that would make such a good setting for photos!

janss2 said...

jenny, i love your photos... especially how u use those lights into the photos... amazing...

deen said...

i'm a big fans of u....thanks for sharing ur wokrs here....luv da flare...

rgds
din