Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, February 6, 2009

Kevin and Agnes: Wedding


WOW, I am sooooo sorry! I was supposed to have posted this entry, like, hours ago. But I got distracted by my rockstar of a photography Idol: Jasmine Star who was doing a live video chat earlier today. She answered so many of my questions, and in the rare chance that she is reading this corner of cyberspace - Jasmine! We were so laughing WITH you, not AT you girl! When I said I was laughing like heck in my office, it was because you are so endearingly funny in the best of ways :) And you SO have awesomeness! We don't care what you say! LOL! Thanks for rockin' it out in the session just now! :D

---------------

Onto the photos....

As the world was sleeping in, and ushering a new 2009, I packed my bags that afternoon and scurried into the car to join the brooding clouds that were sending us ominous warnings of an impending storm outside, for a lovely union of two beautiful souls. Even as the grey rolled over and over, thickening the air with the smell of rain laced on the edges, there was no dampener to be found on the happiness, joy, and enthusiasm Kevin and Agnes shared for each other and their families.

Thank you so much for trusting me to take your photos Kevin and Agnes. I know we couldn't meet before your wedding due to our crazy schedules, but your confidence in us nonetheless was noticed and really really appreciated :) Plus, Agnes, you are the most rockin' bride ever for giving me free reign on your location shoot - what kind of bride would follow their crazy photographer into a field of dirty, ghetto, abandoned houses and actually be excited about it!?? Only you and Kevin :) LOVED that! I only hope more brides can follow after your fine example! Thank you again for your time... even though it was just a very few short hours, we had fun! Much love!


Kevin and Agnes, got married at Petaling Jaya Gospel Hall. And when I got there, there were so many photographers already! Look at some of them, chimping and comparing shots :)


Some pretty details that caught my eye on the way in :)






For some reason, I found this synchronized pinning of corsages, amusing :p I knoooow, I'm weird!!


I love the colours of the light in this shot.








There was a lot of heartfelt singing at the ceremony.












Agnes is a really fun and bubbly bride. The below reaction is typical of what we saw from her. I love happy brides who are completely unafraid of letting us see their joy... and teeth! :D


Kevin and Agnes had balloons hanging all over the church. Here is one of the helpers trying to take it down. I vaguely remember some of them trying to convince me to take it home... or was I dreaming??? LOL :p


I've been trying some new post processing of late. Here is one example!




I have to admit, I dont normally shoot with a plan. I shoot on the fly ALOT. In fact, almost ALL the time. I don't like having a plan, and I don't like seeing a place before I shoot. It takes away the raw joy and excitement my eyes feel when I see a place for the first time. So here we were, doing my usual on-the-fly type of location shoot, wandering the streets of PJ, and just stumbling upon site after site after site along our stroll. It was great :)




This is dirty urban malaysia style for the next few shots. You gotta love it. I know I do!






Heck, I'll even shoot in front of a bus if it means something fun and different! :D




This was one of my favourite shots from the day.


Another example of some new post processing :)


These last two shots were probably a tie for my favourite shots from the quick session we had with the two lovebirds :)




ps: A couple of shoutouts: shoutout to my friend, Eric, who sent Kevin and Agnes my way! :) And a very thankful shoutout as well goes to Edwin who was my 2nd shooter for the day. Cheeeeeers!

pps: Okay, back to being crazy office lady again, in order to keep ploughing through this crazy to-do-list! I am defending my work station with pitchforks and clubs, and a zealous protectiveness, so beware if you get in the way while I continue to labour away here! :p



10 comments:

Linda Truong said...

WOWSERS, YOU GOT TO TALK WITH JASMINE STAR! ROCKING! :D

Anyways, awesome set, it's great that you are experimenting with different post processing style and yet still being able to retain your awesome flair! :D

I love it! :D

JodiM said...

Hi again - been a while from my end as well Jenny! These are absolutely AMAZING backdrops! How much fun was that - I love it. Your images never disappoint.

ShutterSpeedster said...

These are great! I love the contrast in these. Keep up the good work.

Evro Moudanidis said...

Just got my daily dose of inspiration this morning - your images rock - you know it baby yeah!!

Evro :)
www.moudanie.com.au

Nicholas Leong said...

Beautiful expressions captured :) Nice Nice :)

eric said...

WOW! i must say i appreciate your photos in a whole new aspect now since i was on the scene with you. couldn't really imagine what the photos would turn out to be there and then.... but now that i get to see the end results... all i can say is WOW! ;) running off now... coincidentally, to see Kevin and Agnes ;)

joshua k said...

These photos are gorgeous, good shots again Jenny !

navysouphotography.com said...

You always have TONS of great images to post! Love it!

Gary Lim said...

one word. WOW!!!

love all the shots especially the dirty urban shots (kevinagnes_242.jpg to be precise).

didn't expect my pic will be in as well. haha. (the one which laugh like some old dude wearing the "game over" shirt).

would love to hire u when my time comes :P

AnnNicole said...

Jenny, u really rock. I love each and every single pic you take. I almost don believe there is people like you ever exist.
I mean... I see pictures and I like each and all your pics instantly. or... most of them (if you think I bluff).
I don know what to say but you rock. :) I really wish you could do it in many, many years to come cos I expect to see more and more of yours beautiful and happyfulness pictures in years to come.