Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pebbles and Rocks


Life is like a series of instances. Moments. Photographs of these split seconds that gravitate towards each other, strung together by time.

I sometimes, when this rope of life slows down enough, allow myself to deliberate the course of things, and how I got to be where I am today. At times, in these junctions, I am so happy. As if I am perched upon a high hill, overlooking an ocean expanse that has been coloured by purple and pink glistens of light, smiling, and wrapped by an incredible bubble of warmth and love. At other times, I am heavy hearted, weighed by the worries of the world, as I try to push past the stones that get cast on my beaten path. During those moments, when it is so tempting to shrink back into our own quiet shell, I like to be given breath, and renewed in prayer and song.

And because I am a huge believer in being real, especially on this space that I can call my own on cyberspace, I wanted to pen down my thoughts about this week. This past week or so I have had pebbles and rocks, litter my walk. And I have to admit, it has been hard to pick up and move on with one's chin held high. Tears were present. It isn't easy as an artist when you get put down, or made to feel like you are unworthy...that what you have worked so hard to build means nothing. It broke my heart to know that there are people out there who will bring you down in their fight to feel better for themselves. In those moments, it takes all you have to take a deep breath, and just say nothing, and walk away. I walked away shaken.

No, it isn't easy at all.

So, in my usual pauses of life where I like sit to muse and make sense of things, I turn to the bible, and my love for song. And here is what my great God let me stumble across. I walk away now, so encouraged. I will not be put down... I will soar on wings like eagles :)

I hope this provides some encouragement for those who have had a rough patch in the past week or so.

Much love from me,
Jenny


Lift Me Up - By Kate Voegele
(this song is incredibly beautiful. You are missing out, if you do not pause to listen to it. It gave me goosebumps.)



Lyrics
This road is anything but simple
Twisted like a riddle Ive seen high and Ive seen low
So loud, the voices of all my doubts
Telling me to give up, to pack up and leave town

Even so, I had to believe
Impossible means nothing to me, yeah

So can you lift me up,
Turn the ashes into flames
Cause I have overcome
More than words will ever say
And Ive been given hope
That theres a light on up the hall
And that a day will come
When the fight is won
And I think that day has just begun

Somewhere, every body starts there
Im counting on a small prayer,
Lost in a nightmare
But Im here, and suddenly its so clear
The struggle through the long years
It taught me to outrun my fears

And everything thats worth having, oh
Comes with trials worth withstanding

So can you lift me up,
Turn the ashes into flames
Cause I have overcome
More than words will ever say
And Ive been given hope
That theres a light on up the hall
And that a day will come
When the fight is won
And I think that day has just begun

Oh, lift me up
Oh, lift me up
Oh, lift me up
Lift me up
Lift me up
Oh, lift me up

Down and out is overrated
And I need to be elevated
Looking up is not enough
No, I would rather rise above

So can you lift me up,
Turn the ashes into flames
Cause I have overcome
More than words will ever say
And Ive been given hope
That theres a light on up the hall
And that a day will come
When the fight is won
And I think that day has just begun

Oh, oh, oh, just begun
Lift me up, yeah, oh, oh, oh, yeah, now
Oh, oh, lift me up
Lift me up
Lift me up



Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

------

Happy post with photos next time, promise :)

ps: I am still battling a war with my inbox, so please be patient! My fingers have been typing a million and one letters in this past week, with steam coming from the tips - I am completely swamped by all the messages (thank you to those who have written from corners of the globe so far away - I am so blessed to know there are incredible souls out there who drop such kind words to someone whom you don't even know. My heart goes out to you!), so just hang tight and bear with me. We'll get to your message as soon as we can :) Lol! I joked recently, that I really should hire a PA to answer all these emails that pour in... but that wouldn't be so personal would it? :)

6 comments:

Hsu Ann said...

Cheer up Jenny! :) and ignore those critics. I always tell myself that its good if someone bashes your work cos it probably means that you're really good for them to take notice and you are! :)

nattnee said...

Oh Jen, do feel better. I know exactly how you feel. The world is full of unpleasant and mean people. Don't ever waste tears on what people say about your work. Photography is highly subjective but you know that your work is excellent and you have so much proof of that. Forget the pebbles, just chuck on the side of the road =)

Nydia said...

Thanks for sharing Jenny, it was really encouraging. I hope ur week gets better. Btw, I love your song choices :)God bless.

Anonymous said...

Its hard to understand how anyone could possibly knock someone with such talent. You just have to take a step back and realise that everyone else loves your work or is at least inspired by it

May Yee said...

Jenny, it's good to reflect and take in constructive criticism but if the purpose of the criticism is only to knock you down, I say, just brush it aside and don't let it get to you. Easier said than done, I know...

Deyla Huss Photography said...

LOVE this song, Thanks for sharing!!!