Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, February 2, 2009

25 points of Self


Okay, so I got tagged recently. Thanks Anna, for adding to my already Mount Everest sized to-do-list! :p

This means, you blog readers all get the joyful news that to open up the blogging week, I have to write 25 things about myself. And we all know how much I love talking about yours truly. For those that can't smell sarcasm on the internet - I was being sarcastic :)

But to appease the tagger, and to show that I do keep my word, here are the random 25 things about me. Have fun doing the JS download!

1. I am a complete closet romantic. I put on this tough, realist exterior so I don't get hurt or disappointed. But deep down, I believe in happily ever afters, walks on the beach, getting flowers, falling in love, and knowing that you can be everything to someone else.

2. I have itchy feet. Not literally. I am such a gypsy at heart. I love travelling the world and seeing new sights, meeting new people, experiencing new cultures, and just being immersed somewhere completely different to everything I've known. I tend to get restless if I am in one place too long. I need this sense of adventure every now and again.

3. Funny enough, I also need a good dose of home. Crankiness pays me frequent and painful visits whenever I am away from home too long, and not settled. I need the regularity of life, and loved ones, with both feet planted in the ground.

4. I am a dreamer at heart.

5. I can be quite naive. But never stupid. I just trust people alot - sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it hasn't been so good.

6. I moved continents, and left behind my life of 20+ years for a boy.

7. I ended up marrying him :)

8. One of my greatest loves (I have many :p), is being able to wake up late on any given day and have absolutely nothing to do. It is a rare occurence. Much like a solar eclipse. But very beautiful and appreciated when it happens :)

9. If I wasn't a photographer, I would have run off and done a masters in English, and become a writer. I wanted to be a journalist when I was younger, and almost applied to do it at university but my parents didn't think it was such a good idea. So now, I take pictures, and give fruit to my writing in other ways like my blog, my poems, my song lyrics, and my dream to one day write a real story :)

10. Being a singer song writer would be my other dream occupation if I wasn't a photographer. Since I am a photographer, I live vicariously through singing lessons and sources of inspiration like Sarah McLachlan, Eva Cassidy, Alicia Keys, and Norah Jones.

11. I love my food. I couldn't go on a diet to save my life. My biggest weaknesses are grilled and marinated chicken wings, french fries, and chocolate dipped strawberries (yeah, the big juicy kind drenched in milky belgium chocolate). I can never ever say no to those. So if you want to bribe me, you know what to do :)

12. Ironically, I am scared of getting fat. So I exercise. When I can :p

13. I have an unhealthy love for clothes. Shoes, accessories, and the like don't do it for me. But pretty fabrics in the latest trends, a beautiful frock. That will tempt me every time. Thankfully my bank account prevents me from going completely crazy. So does my husband.

14. I love the smell of books. New and old. Walking into a used bookstore (the kind you see in American movies :p), would send me into complete rapture. Trying to get me to leave would be mission impossible. It stems from my love for reading. I especially love reading books that grab the heart, and explore life and love in profound ways. My favourite pieces of literature while growing up were Anne Of Green Gables, The Power of One, To Kill a Mocking Bird, and the Diary of Anne Frank. If I walk away from a novel, with my thoughts still planted in its world days later, I consider it an experience in itself.

15. I am a TV series, serial watcher. I made that phrase up. But you get the drift. I will watch almost anything under the sun. Or at least give it a try. Shows that I have taken under my adoptive wing, and hugged tightly to my heart have been: Dawson's Creek, Charmed, Buffy, Smallville, House, Bones, One Tree Hill, CSI (all of them), Alias, The Nanny, Southpark (I am so ashamed! haha), Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Prison Break, 24, Heroes, Ghost Whisperer, Ugly Betty, America's Next Top Model, American Idol, Amazing Race and any other type of challenge reality show, Friends, Numbers, Pokemon (yes, children's programs are not exempt from my crazy serial habit), The OC, Tru Calling.... okay, I really should stop. I get the feeling this will never end.

16. When I was a teenager, for a period of time I had an eating disorder. I felt ugly. I would never eat. Then I started to binge. So I went from very skinny, to rather chubby. I understand the pressure girls feel to be beautiful. Then I became Christian, and found new friends. And realized my worth was never in how I looked. But who I am.

17. People who know me well, have often termed me as really talkative and bubbly. But I am really, a thinker deep down. I love to reflect. To ponder. To give deeper meaning and thought to what I experience, what I know, and that which I don't understand. Without it, I sometimes feel less of a person.

18. At the same time, I love being around people. To laugh with them. To share with them. To connect with them. Without this, I also feel less of a person. My contemplative self, and my social self are interdependent. Each without the other, for too long a period, provides a source of restlessness which I do not enjoy.

19. When I was 10, I slipped on the floor at a shopping center, and broke my left wrist. I cried from the intense pain. And the boys who saw me where I fell laughed. At that point, I understood what humiliation felt like.

20. I have found that I say yes to the things that don't matter so much, and no to the people which are more important. I have been and I am working on swapping that :)

21. One of my worst traits is that I can sometimes be opinionated and very stubborn (its the other side of the double edged sword of my determined nature). It makes for saying sorry very hard when I hurt those I care about. My heart is always ready to make amends, but my pride prevents my mouth from opening. I am always praying to God that He will help me change this on a daily basis. Forgiving is never easy.

22. Traits I admire in people are humility, generosity, consideration, sacrifice, honesty and courage. I abhor with a zealous distaste, those who are the opposite of this, and end up hurting others because of it.

23. When I was small, I believed we as humans could hatch chicken eggs. As a result, one afternoon as a child I tried sitting on one. Ended up cracking it. And making a huge mess. My parents and family found out. That was when I understood stupidity. The story ended up being one of the inspirations for my illustrative piece in my 4th year major project at university. We scored with flying colours! :D And don't worry, I am not that stupid anymore.

24. I am very afraid of spiders. VERY. Okay, so that one was really boring. Let's try again? I need loads and loads of encouragement. And I mean, football fields worth. Even when I am doing well, because I sometimes don't believe I am good enough. I am not very self confident. I attribute this to the fact that I am a perfectionist to the core. And that I am my own biggest critic. So when I say I love your encouraging emails, and comments (especially comments!!), I mean it. Truly, madly, deeply :)

25. I love Jesus. He is my greatest source of strength, inspiration, and love. I am nothing without Him and all that He has given. I am, because He is.

-----

Now since I am the world's lousiest tagger, I am instead opening up this 25 point tag to anyone who wants to share. If you do, please leave a link in my comments box. I love reading about people! :)

ps: I am back, after a week out of the office. Email replying begins tomorrow! :) So hang tight!

10 comments:

seowching said...

25 points, this is, amazingly, wonderfully read :D

stephers said...

Wow.

You inspired me to think of my random points:)

http://belannatorres.blogspot.com/2009/02/25-random-things-about-me.html

Nicholas Leong said...

25 things. Not too sure if I have 25 things to write about myself :P

Anna said...

No 24: Ditto to that. Well, not the spiders ;p I reckon that a lot of us feel the same way to, but trust me when I say that you've been blessed with something special :)

Thanks for taking the time to share (I did it in 10 - 15 mins! Hehehehe..yes lazy bugger I am ;p) Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

MMm.. Yes, I am totally with you on number one.. :P But I am starting to come out of the closet.. And being proud of my love for old school Jennifer Lopez chick flicks.. LOL.. :P

I love food.. Which reminds me, lets eat sometime ;)

Linda Truong said...

That was I... :P

astherlauphotography said...

Hahaha... I always love your flair in writing. This one is very well done too! YES! You have a gift not only in photography but in writing as well. Bravo girl!

Grace Tan said...

Thanks for sharing, it helps me understand you better as a person and a friend. The best thing about blogs is the ability to be open and real to others through our writings. Now I better start thinking about what to write about myself.. :)

tammeegoreng said...

hi jenny!!
I always come back to your blog after an extended time and find myself stuck reading for ages!!!
Anyway, I just wanted to say I am exactly the same for 17, 18 and 21 - I sometimes feel that it's the general nature of anybody who leans more to the creative side. People only see the crazy you, but inside it's so much more.

PS: Your brilliant colours and saturation and light in your images amaze me. Keep up the passion :)

Joanna said...

i couldn't stand spiders either! or any sort of creepy crawlies... yikes!