Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, August 8, 2008

Wedcomp Competition Results


Those that know me, generally know I'm not really a fan of entering myself into associations and competitions, because, I'm a pretty firm believer that being part of, or not being part of such competitions and associations, isn't the truest indicator of talent. While I know alot of great photographers who are part of such groups (I think you are amazing!), I also know HEAPS of photographers out there who are so INSANELY talented AND famous(!!), and are not part of any associations or competitions.

Anyhow, a few months back, I made the decision to enter a competition called Wedcomp because for the first time, it was a competition that was donating its earnings from entries, to a really great cause! So I thought, hey, if putting my pictures there and entering means I can help others instead of just claiming glory for myself, that would be just awesome!

Today, I found out that, some of the pictures I submitted actually placed! haha :) Its funny only to me, because, well, I don't do this often (entering stuff), and for some reason, I always find it humorous to see my name printed somewhere - I know, I'm such a geek!!

Anyway, here are the images that placed. Thank you SO much to the brides and grooms who made these pictures possible - only your awesome love for each other, and willingness to trust your silly photographer has made these pictures a reality. My experience with you all surpasses all the winnings/medals earned (thank you Wedcomp though for liking my pictures. I would never have thought my work would have been worthy enough to be anywhere near the insane talent that was involved in all the entries!! You guys rock!)


This picture was taken for Marcus and Melissa. Who's session I will blog about soon! I told you in the last post I have heaps of sessions not yet published :)



This shot was taken at the awesome Ken and Tania's wedding :)



And, this final picture was taken at the ever fun and fabulous Lis and Luke's wedding!! :D



Adios for now! :)

14 comments:

Joel said...

congratulations jenny!

(the comments in the 4th place photo are especially amusing.)

hyperhex.com said...

Congratulations Jenny. They are very very well taken. especially the 4th place one. :)

Jodi McDonald said...

Well deserved - agree with you about comp/org though if kept in perspective they can be a great thing - do them for the right reasons!!!

fusionbliss said...

Well, there's two school of thoughts as you afore mentioned. Well, if you're happy to swing which ever way I would still say as long as you had fun with the process of taking the pictures, awarded or not, you had your fun!

Tyng

char said...

well done jenny ! :D

edwin tan said...

congrats Jenny.!!

youna said...

wowww they're so picky with details!!
i mean who notices the saturation
and I didnt even see the black spot till they mentioned and I scanned it a few times :P

Joanna said...

congrats jenny! they are awesome. my favourite is the first one. love the pattern :)

Anna said...

woot! 'grats babe :D

Jenny Sun said...

aww, thanks so much everyone! You guys are all so awesome!

It was really unexpected, seriously!! But the result has been really much appreciated. Praise God!! :D

Jenny Jimenez said...

Congrats Jenny! I really loved your stuff. - from the Jenny that placed right behind you ;)

nattnee said...

Congratulations! Job well done. I really like that pic with the patterns on the ground.

Anonymous said...

wonder you are Malaysian or Aussie.. piff!

Jenny Sun said...

I can safely say I am both! :D

I am Malaysian born, but an Aussie resident :D Have lots of family and friends on both sides :)

Thanks for asking! people have often asked before! haha... its always funny to tell them I am both :)