Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, April 18, 2008

Luke and Lis: Wedding


As promised, here is the real, full post with a slideshow and all :)

----------------------

Doulos.

That one word would trigger a sequence of events that would inevitably pave the course of two people's futures. Marry that with modern IT and excel and you get a recipe for marriage. At least, that's the reality for Luke and Lis :)

Luke tapped the 'send' button on a mass email he had decided to convey out one day, and fatefully an automatic reply was thrown back to him from a particular individual who had written in her vacation message that she was away on the doulos. The doulos?

Intrigued, Luke's curiosity sparked and he decided to write back asking her if she was able to meet up with him in the hopes that he could learn more from someone who had actually been on the doulos. After a few hesitations on Lis' side, she eventually agreed, although first impressions when that happened told a very different story to the one they now share. She thought he was distracted and strange, and Luke? Well... , God has a funny sense of humour :)

Because despite some rather less than positive imprints left on each other, they realized they shared a lot more in common than they thought. Curiosity turned into friendship. Friendship grew into like. And like blossomed into love.

They were dubbed "Mr and Mrs excel" in their wedding sermon, and rightly so! When I entered Lis' residence on their wedding day to start photographing their preparations, one certain detail caught my attention - their EXTENSIVE and elaborate excel spreadsheets! From table arrangements, to run sheets, to to-do-lists, and so on. Little did I realize that when I asked Lis if she could send them to me to help in my own wedding preparations, that what I had seen on that day was only the tip of an intricate planning recipe. Not only that, but Lis and Luke apparently exchanged their initial messages and 'dates' with each other through excel spreadsheets - they will probably case me up in a closet and throw away the key forever for revealing all this, but hey I figured if 400+ people already knew whats a few more right? ;)

Luke and Lis! You are both gems. Love your quirky sense of humour and your warm down to earth characters. I really did feel more like a friend witnessing your marriage that day than a 'paid vendor' called to do the job, and for that I feel incredibly honoured. I can't think of two more well matched people to be married, and I only wish you the most beautiful things for your marriage ahead. Lots and lots of love to you both! Thank you for making my job so easy and enjoyable that day and being one of the best clients a girl could ever ask for! *HUGS*

As usual (I know I put some of these up before), here are some of my fave shots from their wedding day. Since I put up so many last time in this POST, I'll only be putting up my very very favourites here:




















The below shot is probably my favourite from this whole wedding. Don't get me wrong, there were HEAPS of wonderful moments to choose from, but there is a timeless elegance I just love about the below moment :)







A huge thank you to Bailie, who helped second shoot this wedding with me. He captured the fabulous shot below.

















Some pretty wedding details! :D



The speeches during the night were just hilarious. You can tell by the expressions below - they were CONSTANT! ;)








And to end the wedding section of this post, here is their slideshow. Highly recommend watching it with your speakers turned up! You will need the latest flash player installed to view so go download it and install it PRONTO :)




Last but not least in any respect, here are a few pictures from Luke and Lis' engagement shoot we did awhile back that ended up on my fave list :)





I absolutely love the way these two jumped for me. Lis looks so graceful while doing it! ;)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

those photos are lovely, Jenny! such cute umbrellas and wedding favours too :D

Have been meaning to ask you, where are those train tracks? Karman was saying that there's one somewhere in Sydney.

Also, I've sent you an email :) Hope you got it!

hyperhex.com said...

Hello Jenny,

Just dropping by to let you know how marvelous job you have done! Big inspiration for a photographer like me coming from the same hometown.

Thank you for sharing your portfolio, and I hope one day we could meet and perhaps be shooting side by side. Learning from you will be a great honor :)

Jon
idealwedding.net

Jenny Sun said...

Joanna: They are near North Sydney! Its hard for me to describe where it is here cos its through alot of windy roads and you have to go past some hidden gardens, but if you like I can show you when I next see you! :)

Jon: Checked our ur work too! You do lovely stuff :) Thanks for leaving a message and not being a lurker haha :) I get tonnes of visitors to this site everyday but only brave souls like yourself comment I appreciate it! Where are you based in Malaysia?