Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Saturday, February 9, 2008

Luke and Lis [Preview]


NOTICE: This will be up here permanently until I get back from my planned break. Just a reminder that I am on leave from 1st February until 10th march. (The wedding photographer is getting married!) :) Please read the post 'On Leave' to find out more.


To see sneak peaks of future images/shoots that I'll post when I get back, please read and see the post below this one, as well as checking through this post here for new additions to Luke & Lisianne's wedding. Ciao! :)

--------------------

Hello everyone!

This is going to be my LAST official post until I get married and come back to resume some sense of normality in my life! That's right!! When I get back, not only will I be writing proper entries again, but I will also have a new last name... kinda! haha ;)

Anyhow, I realized that blogging takes up ALOT of time (mainly because I talk alot and think alot over what I write), and sadly, time isn't what I have alot of at the moment. So, while I normally write up a lovely story about the couples I photograph and put up a slideshow, I will have to put that on hold and resume when I get back from everything. I may put up some random photos or do some quiet updates to this post while I am away, IF the time permits :)

Why? Why? Why am I starving this blog? Well, for one, I really need to act like a proper bride and actually organize my wedding which is literally just around the corner! Plus, I really am a person that is all about quality, and this also comes down to my blogging. So when I get back, I will write PROPERLY about all my weddings, shoots, and my OWN wedding when I get back!

Yes, I have so much to share, and if we are lucky, I may treat you guys to some photos here and there while I am gone - call them teasers if you like ;) 2008 is going to be on fire at Jenny Sun Photography! You betcha!

For now, I really wanted to share with you Luke and Lisianne's wedding.

I promise when I get back to everything, I am going overhaul this entry with a proper story (their story really is a cute one), slideshow and everything, but for now, here are some of my favourite images from the day.

I have to make a shoutout to Bailie, from Bailie Photography, who assisted me at this wedding. Thank you so much for all your help Bailie! You were a wonderful addition to the day, making shooting in the rain possible, and fun!

ps: Yes, it rained at this wedding. Then again, its rained at most of my weddings this month! Talk about wet weather practice! haha :)

Enjoy the photos and speak to you all when I get back! Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later! :) Gotta get back to work now! See you!!

----------


The bride getting ready :)







Some details!







A slightly different take on the typical shoe shot :)



Lis was so relaxed in the morning. Then again, the girls gave themself so much time that they asked themselves what they could do to fill in the time left! now THATS a first at a wedding! ;)





Getting dressed :)






This shot below was NOT posed. It was totally candid :)


The bride all ready to go!



The rings.



Luke's face as he first saw Lis come down that aisle.


And here she is!


Husband and wife!







Oh yes! Another monster group shot!! I seem to get alot of these :)


And the location shoot, where we get to play!


You don't believe it bucketed down like mad that day? Check this out! Yes, rain shots and umbrella shots CAN look cool I kid you not!


The lovely bride.


This shot below is proof you can shoot anywhere ;)


Now, a shoot with me really isn't complete without some group attempting 'the' jump shot, right?? :)


Oh yes, those are real train tracks my friends!!








I kept this shot in my faves only because of the humour factor. It was hilarious! We were debating who should go fetch the trolley - you do it! no you do it! Finally someone got sick of it and did it himself - look at him fly! :)














I love red, and I love doors. No prizes in correctly guessing why I wanted to shoot here :)


And as always, we need to get one portrait of the bride and groom :)


And, here is a preview to some of the reception shots. I'll post more when I get back :)


A yummy 1.2 shot of the favours (photographers will know what this means!)







Cutting the cake :)





Alright peeps! I'm outta here! Its 3am and I have a shoot tomorrow, IN the rain! I'm looking forward to that challenge! :) I promise to be back with LOADS to share including the low down on my own wedding. It is yet to be seen whether I will be caught holding my own camera on the day! haha! ;) Is anyone willing to make a friendly bet (tell me a bit about yourself while you're at it)??



~ Adios!


4 comments:

thisiskj said...

ARGH! it's so nice to shoot in sdyney.. nice nice raining shots! =) never really seem rainy shooting before.. LoL =P

wedding ah? congrats.. at last.. in sdyney or msia?

TINTIN said...

Congratulations..! Happy Wedding^^

eric said...

lovely photos! hahah... can't help but feel that the "this shot is proof you can shoot anywhere" photo-comment is meant to dissolve any disbelief i had? ;p anyway, keep it up jen!

info said...

Hi Jenny!
Beautiful photos here... I see you shot at St-Pauls Chatswood too! :)
All the best for your wedding coming up... you will make a most beautiful bride...!

Jonathan Dear