Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, February 1, 2008

What is romance?


Just around the corner, is my wedding date. It's been staring me in the face fairly intensely these last few weeks, and in an unsurprising fashion, the inertia of it all has poked me to think about love.

I watch people get married week in and week out. Its beautiful every single time. I have to admit, as much as my anti-corniness exterior may deny it in person, the whole thing makes me soft on the inside. You see, deep down, I'm still a sucker for romance. For love. And all the beauty that it brings.

I think that is one of the reasons why I love wedding photography so much..... I get a spot in a couple's life for a brief moment, a special behind the scenes pass on their love, and permission to document it, imprint in history. I get to see, and hear what brings two people together, and what they want to give to one another for the rest of their lives. I really mean it when I thank couples for that sheer honour! :)

I was asked recently what kind of moments really capture my heart/eye at weddings since I see them week in and week out. Well, while grand theatrical gestures of love can warm the heart, its the small moments that go completely unnoticed that completely melt mine. Believe me when I say that I notice almost all things, right down to the smallest at a wedding. The most touching recently was when I noticed the groom holding his bride's hand almost at every opportunity he could. Even when they were listening to speeches, I could see his hand extend under loose folds of the table cloth to embrace hers. His fingers clasping hers and intertwining with his. It was like his own way to say. I love you, I need you, and I don't want to let you go. Awhile ago, in a song I just love called London Rain by Heather Nova, she sang "And when somebody knows you well/ Well there's no comfort like that/ And when somebody needs you/ Well there's no drug Iike that" That moment reminded me of these lines.

And in this trickling of mental notes from me, I have to say that my idea of romance may be different to alot of people out there. Sure, I love gifts, presents, special dates for special reasons, but in reality when I think about the sweeting things that I have been given - I realized they are the small things.

A hug, after work, so tight just because they are so glad to see you.

Notes left on your table or in your wallet, just to say hello.

Being told not only that they love you, but that they need you.

Being taken out somewhere nice, for no particular reason but to spend quality time with you.

Or getting flowers, just because :)
Not long ago I was greeted with these at my doorstep :)











Thanks Ju, for these. Thank you for giving to me for no special occasion at all. Thank you that they were for me... just because :) You made my day! :)

To all the boys reading this, why don't you do something for your girl today? For no reason, but just because you love her. Just because :)

William From FInding Forrester: "The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time in an unexpected place."

----------------------------

ps: I still have TONNES of shoots in 2007 and 2008 to post up and share with you all. Yes, I'm UBERLY behind in blogging, but do bear with me :) I am trying :)

0 comments: