Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, January 31, 2008

On leave!

Things have been pretty busy around here. But then again, that is an understatement! If you really wanted the truth, you'd be sitting listening to my incessant rambling for an indefinite period of time. Thankfully, I still have enough sense in me to spare you from that torture!

Seriously though, wedding season has been in full swing for awhile now, and while I am tempted to shy away from this blog space and continuing my editing, I find it refreshing to separate myself from the palettes of colours, and the clicking of my mouse, and turn to this spot to think for a bit. I have to admit, It's been rather strange having my macbook pro as my side companion these last few weeks. I've begun to think I can literally memorize all the spots and marks that sit on the screen that has been glaring at my eyes. So much so, that I think I could give them names. Sad huh?

I was planning to tell everyone why I have been doubly busy, after March, but I figured - if you knew, then at least you could understand why my eyes look more like thin lines on my face these days :)

Well, I'm getting married.

That's right! The wedding photographer, the girl behind the lens is actually getting hitched! And no, I did not pick up the guy online or in any other random place in the spur of the moment, nor did we decide to commit to marriage in the last minute. I have known my guy for 8 years, and we have been engaged for almost 1 :)

The proverbial questions that get thrown at me (and believe me, it happens EVERY TIME! Literally. haha) are :

Are you taking your own photos?

Who are you getting to do your photos?!

Your wedding will probably look stunning since you've seen so many and have picked up so many ideas!?

Well, in traditional JSP style, I like shying away from the conventional as much as possible. So as much as I would LOVE to shoot my own photos (I'm kidding), I'm not.

As much as I would LOVE to hire the most fabulous and expensive wedding photographer ever which would leave me broke and eating air for the rest of my life. I'm not.

And as much as the idea of having a details/decorations fest for my wedding, with everything colour co-ordinated, with all my guests getting super cool out-of-this-world fabulous favours, and having little drops of culinary delights smothered over all our palettes, show casing a fully choreographed bridal dance, a tiffany & co wedding band, and having a 10 tier cake.... I'm not.

In my own opinion... our wedding, compared to alot that I have seen and shot, will be left fairly humble. Not tacky, but just humble. You know?

Why? Because to me, people matter. Sharing the day with friends and family mean the most to me. So if my cake ended up being the wrong flavour, or if my flowers ended up the wrong colour, even if it rained. I'm not too fussed.

Weddings are about love. A celebration of that union, and that is what I hope people remember about our wedding. Not the decorations, nor the food, or the place :)

So, in JSP form, where I try to have a photo in each post I make, here is my engagement ring! Disclaimer: This was not posted to show off or ANYTHING of the sort ok? (it was the only thing wedding related I could find!)


Now, can you understand how crazy its been? :) Brides, try imagining all the wedding planning you have been doing, and now multiply it by 100 times and that will give you and idea of how I feel because I am not just organizing one wedding, but two, and each on different continents plus at the same time I'm thinking of, and looking after alot of other brides in terms of their photos, albums, prints and much more! :) I'm crazy huh? haha. That's what I've been told, and I think there is some inkling of truth to it too! ;)

Which brings me to my point... FINALLY (sorry, I have this amazingly annoying habit of saying way too much and being uncontrollably long winded :p). I will be 'on leave' from the 1st February until the 10th March, just so I can do the right thing and concentrate on my marriage.

Shoots are still on, and the albums that have been sent to me to this point are being taken care of, and so is editing of photos. However any other albums/prints sent to me during this point in time will be taken care of after I get back.

Thank you for your beautiful understanding!!

ps: This was not a post meant to put down beautifully adorned weddings. My point was just that we wont be doing it that way, and I'm okay with that. Shooting those kind of weddings is still uberly fun though :) I'm a sucker for anything eye-candy worthy :)




2 comments:

ken and tania said...

we don't know how you do it, you have our utmost respect!! very glad that you're taking leave. God bless your preparations and your marriage! we can't wait to see the pictures... will you blog them even if they aren't yours?? :)

tania and ken

Jenny Sun Photography said...

Hey Ken and Tania!

So lovely to hear from you here :)

Yes, I am craaaazy! I've been told I'm nuts to be doing so much all at the same time. My clients have been amazing though, and understand that Im getting married, moving/renovating, having TWO weddings (one in Sydney and another in Malaysia), plus doing all this photography work. Its strangely buzzing! :)

I think at the moment, Im trying my best to finish all photo edits before I go off for a short 1 week honeymoon, and then its straight back to work. Praise God for his generosity, and for lovely clients such as yourselves.

Cant wait to start cracking on your albums when I get back :) I'll send you both an email about that soonish.

Oh and the photos of my own wedding ? Yeah, I will have to ask the photographers, but I'll definitely give them credit - dont see how they wouldn't want that free advertising on my blog (haha!) - people will think I'm nuts to promote other photographers' work on my blog but I fully believe in the 'what goes around comes around' motto and think we should all be supporting each other's work anyway :)

So I guess check back in about a month or so? ;)