Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, January 7, 2008

Matt and Mandy


I'm back. I've rested. I've mostly recovered. Work begins this week (this means editing and processing of images!) So please bear with me while I try my best to catch up. I will be working hard (but not so hard to the point where I don't sleep. I have learnt to retain and keep my energy for shoots and editing in order to retain quality and freshness). So for those who are waiting on me for some things, hang in there - Im working really hard for you, thank you for your understanding. I'm really excited to start sharing my images again.

To make up for my HUGE silence this past month, I'm going to put up a monster entry. About 50 images in one post!! PLUS a slideshow. I wont be posting in chronological order - because I have so much older AND new work to share with you, I'll be posting one old entry and one new entry until I am all caught up! :)

Today, I've decided to start by putting up a shoot I did towards the end of 2007.

~~~~~~~~~~

He walked into the place where she was working, to pick up a cup of coffee.

She noticed him in an instant and eyed him with quiet admiration.

Fate however deliberated, almost as if she had pressed the pause button in their story. But as fate has it, she always seemed to possess a few tricks up her sleeve.

One day, one of Mandy's friends wanted her to meet a new friend. As Mandy lifted her eyes to see who this unfamiliar new face would be, she realized that the foreign face was not so foreign after all. It was the gentleman that walked into the shop before for coffee, who had caught her eye.

Serendipty had her laugh :)

From there, its like the saying goes - it was all history! Matt and Mandy have shared a beautiful and solid love story, that culminated the day when Matt took Mandy to the borders of Victoria and New South Wales, to a little bridge that could barely encompass the width of the car they were driving in, where he finally lowered himself down on one knee and asked Mandy to share the rest of his life with him. She said yes :)

These are some of my favourite moment from the day they became husband and wife. Thank you Mandy and Matt for the opportunity to be with you on your special day! You were both so lovely from the moment I met you, and it was incredible to see everything you've planned come to fruition!! I hope you had a blast in Europe, and are now enjoying your days as hubby and wife! :)

Just a note: This wedding had a vintage theme, and both Matt and Mandy have an incredibly creative eye. You will see all their lovely small touches in some of the images below. I had so many favourite moments, that I just couldn't lower the number of images down to 20. So I put all 50 of them below!! Enjoy! And click on the slideshow for more :)



Mandy's creative eye shone during the morning session. Can you believe this was the busiest and hardest working bride I've ever seen? She did the hair and make up for the whole bridal party, including herself. Here she is below helping her mum get ready :)


Ring shot. Using the GORGEOUS bouquet for the bride.


Speaking of the bouquet, here it is. Shire Florist, in Caringbah were the creators of this little drop of beauty :) I gave the photo below some of my own vintage flava ;)


Here is one of the bridesmaids helping out another bridesmaid with their makeup.


Because the girls did their own make up, and helped each other get ready, they had tonnes of fun. You can just tell. Look!


Getting ready :)


More flowers from Shire Florist. Pretty!!


A more pensive moment of Mandy, while she was getting herself ready.


Here is that special moment where the dress comes on, and everyone is there to help. Mandy had a vintage dress made by her mum! I wonder where she gets her creative eye from ;)


The bride all ready to go to the church. Isn't she stunning! And every bit vintage in style :)


The rings.


M&M - how cute huh? You can just guess what the guests got as wedding favours later on ;)


The church, and the guests filing in for the big moment.


Live string music.


I had a kick-ass helper with me that day. Bailie, of Bailie Photography was with me the whole day to help second shoot this wedding for me. He grabbed this awesome shot of the cars coming to the church just as the ceremony was about to begin. You can check out his blog for more images.


The special moment.


Another fab shot from Bailie.


You can tell Matt and Mandy are so in love. The bride getting a little teary as she realizes they are about to be made husband and wife.


Adoring each other :)






Officially married! Another great shot from Bailie!


I always love the half an hour or so just after the ceremony where the bride and groom are greeting their guests. There are so many emotions, hugs, and tears that are present during such times. Check this one out! Aww...


And look at this cutie!


I just adore this moment between Matt and Mandy. I can tell you this was not the first nor last I saw of such moments between them that day.


The bridal party was so funny! They are all really close friends so there were plenty of crack ups and laughs between them on the day. Check some of them out below.



Location shoot shots!! This is where we get to play around a bit with the bride and groom, and their bridal party!






Mandy loves vintage, so I put my own vintage spin on some of these pictures. This is one of them.


Oh and this pink wall!! Far out, it was fun to use.


Matt and Mandy doing their own silly THANG !


They had plenty of onlookers. Look very carefully!


Aww... This was probably my top fave shot of the day. :D


A tender moment between the two.


The boys just hanging out for a bit in between.


More vintage class.


My 2nd favourite shot of the day. It has this realy old 'feel' to the whole photo! :)




This photo and the one above are close 3rd faves of mine!




The wedding reception, at the lovely Argyle Center, The Rocks.


We all got M&M packets at the tables as favours. The ambience was really cosy and warm.


The really cool cake, done by Mandy's mum!! I loved it!


Plus, the guests all got disposable cameras to play with on the night to take random photos of themselves. How fun!


The groom doing his speech :)


And the cake cutting!


Then the night ended with some serious partying!! Thank you Vincy, who was helping me out during the reception, to grab this shot! :)


Thank you again to Mandy and Matt for allowing me the pleasure of shooting your wedding. And even though it was raining, it was a tonne of fun! Much love!
Jenny

ps: Check out their slideshow [HERE]

pps: For any of those that are wondering, there was no flash used in any of the shots except the last one. I'm a huge fan of available light shooting, even at night!!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

Hi Jenny! Glad to know that you have gotten better :)

the photos are wow! I really like photo no.2 and no.10 and the vintage look on all of them. =D

are you excited about your own?

Karen said...

Another great work Jenny! The photos are superb! We thank God for your talents :-)

youna said...

WOH AHMAZING! I wish I was there that day AHHHH MISSED OUTTTTT
I LOVE your vintage stuff!!! and the poses ohhhh..
now I get what you mean when u compared some weddings with this :)

Anonymous said...

love your photos!
would definately like to see more... keep up the good work!

CitizenJane said...

Oh Jenny...
The amazing photos and the eloquence of this entry made your much-missed absence from your blog worth waiting for. Hope you're feeling better now.

You really captured the essence and mood of the vintage theme, but with a very timeless and contemporary touch to the whole set. Love the reds, sepia tones, and the black and whites. And oh, the pink wall images are classic!!! For the lack of better words, this piece of work is simply beautiful.

Keep the good work rolling and remember to stay healthy!

joshua k said...

Wow! Really inspired by these photos :)

SB Wedding Photography said...

The shot where the bride is entering the church is just beautiful, nice work.