Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ken and Tania


Yes, I know! Its been generations since I last posted!! Sorry... things have been so insane with the girl behind the lens. I literally am working around the clock, and TRYING very hard to sleep enough and not get sick. All will be revealed in march as to why things are just incredibly nutty in my corner of the world at this point in time, but for now, I hope you will put up with my sporadic blog posts - I do promise you I am trying whenever I get a smidgen of spare time :)

~~~~~~~

Persistence. And some love from up above.

Those two ingredients I believe were the key to their beautiful love story.

Ken, from the moment he laid eyes on her, had affirmed in his enamored heart that she was the one for him. He knew that this woman would either become one of his best friends, or become the woman that he would one day marry.

Conviction such as this, is so rare in today's commitment phobic society.

Tania, on the other hand, did not possess the same smitten sentiments about ken.

You see, Ken had decided to follow his feelings, and had asked Tania gently if he was able to get to know her better. To be allowed the chance to peel back those layers and discover more about this person who had completely captured his heart. She said no. Not once, but twice. And was firm about her decision about wanting to remain friends.

And ken, being the person that he is, graciously respected her decision. Divine intervention had other plans for these two though, and on the third attempt Tania accepted. From there, God allowed their relationship to blossom and flourish quickly, and they eventually fell in love. What followed was the natural intertwining of two hearts that clung onto one another in deep affection - Ken asked Tania to share the rest of his life with him on the 25th April 2007. In the cold, enveloped between gusts of frosty wind and rain, Ken asked Tania to marry him. And again, his persistence and unwavering love for Tania shone through because she kept interrupting him and not understanding what was going. When it finally dawned on her, she accepted with tears of happiness that had given birth in her eyes.

I find their love story incredible. Not only because despite multiple rejections, these two are finally married (although that is amazing!), but because they are so in love with one another. Ken's affections for Tania were especially touching... he mentioned a few lines in his speech at the reception that gave me the tingles (guys who are preparing to write their wedding speech - pay attention!). Note the following lines have been paraphrased:

"I don't deal well being away from Tania" [Ken spent a whopping $1200++ on his mobile phone once when she had left for Broken Hill for medical training, just so he could talk to her]

"I can't wait now to wake up next to her everyday for the rest of my life"

"She is just as the song says - feels like home - Tania you feel like home to me. You're where I belong".

I thought that was just beautiful. Not really because of the words he uttered, but more so the pure sincerity that exuded from those words. You could tell he meant every bit of it 150% (yes, believe me I can tell the difference between verbal fluff, and humble honesty), and that is what made it beautiful. Even I felt teary at that stage!

And just so you know, they danced to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk for their bridal dance. You can hear it in their slideshow [HERE]

And in traditional JSP style, here are some of my favourite moment from their wedding day which was celebrated at Scots Presbyterian Church, and then Doltone House in Sylvania Waters. Enjoy viewing!!



Tania getting ready at haircom in lidcome.




Her beautiful gown.


The bridal bouquet.


The bridesmaids bouquets.


Tania with her girls, getting ready.


Just before we left to the church we grabbed this one shot of Tania. She looks radiant!


Ken's face as he saw Tania for the first time when she walked down the aisle. I think this has to be one of my favourite moments at any wedding. I notice it particularly because I've realized the groom is always fairly nervous as he is waiting for his bride in anticipation, but as soon as she walked down that aisle, the first glimpse of her causes him to almost always break out in an amazingly warm smile. So a note to grooms, do take the time to savour this moment! It lasts a brief few seconds so just breathe it all in and love every inch of it :)


The gorgeous bride walking towards her groom.


At Scots Presbyterian Church, Sydney. The bridal party.




There were many lovely moments during the ceremony. Here are few of them I particularly liked.






This moment was really special for Ken and Tania because they had both made the decision to share their first kiss with each other when they got married. You don't see many couples like this today who wait to share their first kiss til they are married, so I really respect them for this! Of course, there were plenty of kisses shared together on this day! :)


I had HEAPS of stiff competition on the day. Check this out! And believe me when I say this was not the only moment I snared a shot of a WALL of other photographers! haha :)


Officially Mr and Mrs Chin!


The whole gang in one shot! All 400+ of them!



Then of course, we have the location shoot where we get creative with the bridal party. Or at least try to! haha. Here are some of my faves.


Of course, there is the 'jump shot'. I love doing this with brides and grooms only because it is SO FUNNY! This was the biggest attempt ever. 10 people! I love this shot only because of the facial expressions, and the fact that some people were trying to catch up with some of the others. haha :)




I HAD to attempt a flare shot ;) The sun was so good to me that day! And my camera loved it for it :)


The cake.


Oh, Ken and Tania had the FUNNIEST speeches at their wedding. Check this out:






They also played some hilarious games during the night - they had so much fun, and you can just tell. Look!


I think during the reception, the bridal dance is my favourite moment. Ken and Tania's was so beautiful - you could tell they really love each other in some of these following shots.




Then they broke out in crazy break dancing, choreographed in a way that told the story of their courtship. Amazingly funny stuff!! They were cheered on immensely by their guests.


The bouquet toss!


And finally the get away at the very end of the night :)




Thank you so much Ken and Tania for allowing me to photograph your wedding, and trusting me with your precious memories. It was such an honor, and an even bigger thanks for embracing me as a friend throughout the day. I had a tonne of fun, even despite the insane heat that saturated the air that day.

Hope you had an incredible and memorable honeymoon in the Maldives!

Much love,
Jenny

ps: Remember, you can see HEAPS more images [HERE] in their slideshow :)
pps: I did Ken and Tania's engagement session a couple of months back. Now that they are married, I can show you the images! I'll probably post about it tomorrow, but here is the slideshow anyway: [HERE]

2 comments:

Rodolfo Arpia said...

Wow! These are awesome and that group shot is amazing!

TINTIN said...

love all your pics...you really captured the all the their moments... fantastic shots!!