Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, April 28, 2008

Yap Family: Portraits


The red on the thermometer was sitting lazily around the high 30s that entire day, and even when the clock face had signalled the start of the late afternoon, the temperature took on a stubborn facade and soldiered on through until the darker tints of the evening began to permeate through the sky's canvas.

Regardless, the heavy heat didn't prevent us from getting some fun images of the Yaps that very afternoon. While we started indoors, we eventually moved outdoors just a little bit before the sunset, to a park that is really near my home! I never knew it could look so pretty under the right light. I guess with all the weddings I do around the city, we sometimes forget to think of the places that we drive right past every single day :)

For those that don't know, I' m not a big fan of the whole 'sit-down-and-stare-at-the-camera-while-sitting-in-a-stiff-pose-with-a-forced-smile' kind of family portrait sessions. While I do, do the formal portraits, I actually like to spend more time letting you all hang out and just be yourselves with one another in a really casual and laid back style :) Whether its doing things you like to do, or being in a place you like to chill out together, thats a huge reason behind while I try to always keep my sessions fun and really low key, as if we are all hanging out together - because I think that's when people look the most beautiful: when they are happy!

Thanks Joanne for the session with your family! I really enjoyed spending time with all of you that afternoon, and getting glimpses of your personalities through the frame! And thank you for taking the time to dress up - I love it when people do that on top of everything else :D

Below are some of my faves from the session!

Single portrait of Joanne :)



The parents! :D



This is what I meant by a casual, laid-back, AND fun kind of family portrait :)



Ok, I did take the pretty and formal version of the shot below, but I asked the Yaps to be silly for the next one just for laughs :) I thought it looked cute!



And here is what I do for 'formals'. Still casual and natural, but not boring and uncomfortable ;)



Lastly, here is a short slideshow of the session ;)


ps: Just a quick note to everyone, I've been suffering a really painful migraine for the last 3 days which hasn't responded to any pain killers. So it looks I have to get this checked out. While I'm getting better, I'm praying for a little understanding and patience from everyone while I may be a tad late in replying emails and so forth until I recover - and believe me, I'm trying my very best to recover ASAP!! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

aaron fong said...

Your fast recovery will be on the list of my prayer items. In the mean time, enjoy life, get out from staring at the computer screen, it will help.
By the way, the 2nd last photo of the Yap's is so funny.
Great portraits.
Take all the time you need in replying mails, we can wait.

Jenny Sun said...

Thanks so much Aaron!! :)