Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Angela and Wayne: Engagement


Sweet, fun, down to earth, funny, cool... funny... oh, and did I mention funny? :p

Angela and Wayne really do deserve extra special attention on my blog space, not just because they have been so awesome to work with, but because their session was one of the funniest and laugh-me-silly-til-I-can't-breathe sessions to date - oh and plus, they flew me out of town to a place neither of them had been to before. Talk about random! Ahhh, but that was good in my books ;)

We awoke that morning, to be greeted by the sky mailing across ominous warmings our way of rain in the form of these charcoal tainted clouds. It meant that, our shoot which was supposed to start at 8am that morning in this little town called Moruya, had to be postponed due to the fact that we were flying out in a tiny little plane. So, until about 10am, we played the waiting game.

And wait we did. But not without rewards :)


The adventure began outside hanger 135. And before we knew it, God smiled upon the land, and it burst open with a kaleidscope of colours and light... chasing away the brooding storm signs that prevailed the earlier face of the morning.


Here is what I was talking about above. The view was spectacular.



The shoot began right in the middle of the day, and I dared these two to pose for me bang smack in the center of the saturday markets with a myriad of people around. They were game, and thats what I love about them! They threw caution to the wind, and embraced the opportunity to just enjoy the camera. Plus, in a small town - no one cares what you do - they are SO friendly!!!



These two truly enjoy laughing together, and their pure energy and youthful joy was so apparent in their photos. The below was a classic example. Guess who is the joker in the relationship :)



These two get credit for the most unique jump ever!! Opposite this wall, was a hairdresser - the salon ladies were laughing their heads off at Wayne and Angela which inevitably sparked off laughs from the pair. To date, this is one of my favourite images. It just vibrates across volumes of youth, life, and fun, and that's how I like my photos to be :)





You'll never guess where the below shot was taken!! The three of us were laughing about the fact that if we told people, they wouldn't take our answer seriously. I still think thats true! :p



Then, just before the storm clouds waded their way back into the day, we headed to the beach for a few quick snaps before the light dashed away from us.



I didn't ask them to do below. There were actually alot of candid moments that were picture perfect and completely unstaged. The below was just one. Angela's feet were apparently tired, so Wayne carried her. Sweet!



He then switched her around and carried her like this. Aww.





I love alleys. If I find one I like, you'll be guaranteed to be pulled over for a shot ;)





Now, this shoot wouldn't be complete without a little splash of flare, and a shot with the plane right???



Moruya was just so gorgeous in my eyes. This below photo just pales into comparison to what I saw on the day. Thank you God for creating such beautiful things for our eyes to enjoy. You are truly great.



And here is the slideshow, for more photos from the session! :D


I will be blogging their wedding in the next 1 to 2 days (I'm exhausted here and I'm being treated for dinner by Ju tomorrow night - no reason, just because :) the best kind of treats!! ) - so I'll blog when my energy levels hit back to normal.

In the meantime, I just wanted to send out a really special thank you so much Wayne and Angela for the opportunity to document a snippet of your relationship as you were preparing to walk down that special road of marriage. I loved every minute of our shoot, and I will remember it, and more importantly the two of you for a long time to come! Your sheer spontenaity and energy and love was what really painted the life in these pictures. I was merely a witness.

4 comments:

ju said...

cool photos!

there is a dinner arrangement tonight??

Jenny Sun said...

hehe...stop pretending!

Linda Truong said...

Hey Jenny! I love your photos, as you know ;) These are great. Fresh and vibrant!

Keep up the awesomeness!

Hope you're feeling better!

eric said...

are all your clients supposed to give their shoes a good cleaning before their photoshoots? i must say that those are one of the cleanest sneakers i've ever seen ;p