Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dork alert!!


Whoever thought that being a wedding photographer was a glamorous job, think again. We look anything but glamorous. My assistants when shooting with me have proven that I belong on the side of the camera I'm shooting on for a reason. Someone should SO have told me early just how STUPID I look when shooting?!?! haha :p

Anyhow, if you don't believe me, let the evidence show you what I mean... I look like a cross between angry-pyscho-woman and hungry-gotta-do-anything-it-takes-to-get-the-shot photographer!





The above is me trying to get this below shot:



My nose is officially pancake flat as of this shot.


If you asked me why I squint, don't ask. I have no idea. I just do it and I get the shot. Period. Why does Maria Sharapova shriek when she hits the ball? Who knows. She's still one of the top players in her game regardless haha ;)



Well, at least I look human in this shot. Although who knew I had the entire bridal party staring down my back? haha... Talk about pressure! :p



Vincy?!?! Why didn't you tell me earlier I looked like the biggest dork on the planet? :p These shots above (apart from the proper ring shot) were all taken by one of my assistants, vincy :)

Don't worry folks, I really am a nice person who loves my work and the people I work for. I'm not really scary in real life, I promise :)My clients will attest to that, though I do look like the biggest dweeb while shooting, especially when I squint my face like there is no tomorrow!

JSP, super cool photographer? Yeah, of course. I'd be dubbed queen if the new 'cool' was to be a dork! haha.

Anyhow, enough scary pictures of your photographer for now. I'm sure you've had enough. I don't want to scar you for life :p

Adios amigos!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

do you bring a few different lenses when you shoot a wedding, jenny?

Jenny Sun said...

Hi Joanna!

Yeah, I have a bag of gear with several lenses in it when I do weddings. I tend to use one or two lenses primarily throughout the whole day though (primes/fixed lenses are my fave!) but I do interchange between my other lenses frequently as well - or I get help from my second shooter (eg: vincy! ) :)

Linda Truong said...

Hilarious stuff here.. I know what you mean... I press my nose up on my camera all the time, and I do the squinty thing too... I guess the reason is so that you can focus in on what you are seeing through the view finder.. So light and movement won't distract me whilst I'm shooting...

BTW... Do you use a shootsac?!?! :P I've always wanted one... But being a student permits me from getting such a bag... :( EXCUSES!!!

GPrishker said...

Those are cool shots

Jenny Sun said...

linda: yep! its a shootsac :) I know what you mean... their postage was almost the same cost as the bag! ><

gprishker: Thank you, but all credit has to go to vincy :) She took them :)