Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, August 29, 2008

Trish: Just Because


It was a glorious winter afternoon. After days of grey veiling across the sky, and the chill biting into one's skin, this particular part of the week grew warm while it basked under the gentle rays of winter's sun at it's very best.

For those that don't know, winter is THE most awesome time of the year to do outdoor photos, reason being is because you can shoot almost ANY time of the day, and the sun is still soft, warm, and full of contrast. I remember driving long the streets of Sydney with my watch reading 12pm... then 1pm... and it was STILL as if it was 5pm/sun-going-to-set kind of light. As a photographer, I was in pure bliss. People say winter weddings are hard, but I beg to differ. Sure, you may freeze your butt off, but come on, great light ALL DAY?? You can't ask for any better.

Anyhow, Trish and I had been wanting to swap headshots (photographers often get alot of photos of other people, but rarely any of themselves) so this fine afternoon we visited what Trish likes to deem as 'borrowed ground' and snapped away. It was awesome shooting at an 'abandoned' mansion that seemed to be peeling and cracking away, but still leaving the most beautiful textures, colours, and lines to play with. We had a mere hour, but here are some of my favourite shots of Trish from that day in what I call a 'Just Because' session... you know, because sometimes you don't need a reason or a special occasion to take pictures. Sometimes, its fun to take photos, just because :) Thanks for lending me your face Trish! You were brilliant in front of the camera, and as you can tell, my camera really loved your sass and confidence :)


I love backlit light of ALL sorts :)












Check out that awesome blue door!






And just a little bit of that old school look :)


This below shot is one of my faves. I mean, I had lots of faves, but the eyes speak alot in this pic.






I purposely wanted this below photo to look washed out. It reminds me of something I've seen in editorial fashion shots before.






This last one is just cute :)


Trish says she didn't dress up, but little does she know that she is naturally trendy so I consider this kinda dressing up :) Girls, if you love dressing up and putting your best outfit on, and love the idea of getting your shots taken in a fun, fresh, fashion-forward and natural way, outdoors, let me know! I'd love to get your face in front of my camera. It's almost like a 'fashion' shoot but definitely more laid back in nature, and more fun and relaxing :)

On that note! I have filled up ALL spots for the free shoots I put up yesterday. My inbox is flooded! haha... I'll let the ones who got it early next week :)

Take care and have an awesome weekend!

15 comments:

Linda Truong said...

... Rockalicious!

She is gorgeous and you did an awesome job, as usual!!

:D

Joanna said...

oh wow !! those are some seriously amazing photos. love the backlight :)

trish said...

thanks so much for these jen, love em!! too many favourites to name! Look forward to catching up with you when you're back in Syd :)

missroum87 said...

hello there. i was contemplating to drop u comments becoz no simply give comments. my boyfriend kept on bugging me to drop by ur blog (he's interested in photography too btw) so today i did. i love all ur photos!! if Trish is boy i think i also fall in love with her!! haha! joking. ur pictures speaks alot. :) my boyfriend and i both love ur work. and knowing that you acknowledge God in ur work, that is more than enough. Keep up the good work and who knws in the next few years, we might choose u as our wedding photographer.. :p okayyy, this is getting awkward.

God bless!

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT~! Love it-Loooovvveee it~!!!
Nuff said :)

char said...

very pretty !

Alfred said...

Wow, expressions are priceless.

paulkongck said...

different from what i normally see from other photog.. Justtotally different and all pics catch my eye.. Like your style a lot

Jodi McDonald said...

Love that blue door Jenny. Awesome shoot and great sunflare.

Joshua K said...

Hey Jenny,

You are awesome ! Great shots !

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

You know what I LOVE about other photographers? They always have such great fashion sense when it comes to having their photos taken. You rocked this session, the light is yummy-licious!

youna said...

OHHHHH SO IT WAS YOU WHO DID THAT PIC!!! I SAW IT ON FACEBOOK!!! XD
it's GORGEOUS! XD
ahhh trish is SO PHOTOGENIC XD

great work both of you! I SAW YOURS [a bit] TOO JENNY! :P

allen said...

She's sweet! and gorgeous! !

Jenny Sun said...

thank you soooooooo much to everyone for such AWESOMETASTIC words of encouragement!!! :D They made my day!

But seriously, all credit must go to Trish and God. Trish for being the epitome of a great model, and for just rockin' the lens. And to God, for giving us such yummy light to work with. It was such a lucky experience :)

rebecca-linh rodgers said...

she is ADORABLE. I love your use of color! great set!