Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Independence


Over the weekend, while Malaysia was celebrating its 51st year of independence, I was snapping away at two awesome weddings.... camera-in-hand, and shooting away. I didn't get the privilege to join the rest of the nation as they were singing the national anthem and watching the fireworks go off, but the two couples that celebrated their happily-ever-afters lit their own fireworks... in their hearts and the hearts of their friends and family. So I never felt I was missing out on much :)

Anyhow, I awoke today, feeling almost the same as when I peeled my eyes open yesterday. Tired, but ultimately grateful. You see, I love love love my job and I cannot fathom doing anything else, but it physically does suck me dry of every little energy bubble that I have invested in me. If I had to go back to work, or an office of some sort the following day, I know I would be wanting to cover my head with my pillow and pretend the sun had not risen yet... for a good couple of days! :p

So really, the better part of how I felt though, was just thankful. Truly. Thankful that I got to photography two lovely weddings over the weekend, and even more thankful that when I dropped like a log into my bed on Sunday night, that I dropped with the joyful thought that I got the next TWO days off to rest (yay!), to spend time with friends, my husband, and to just live life.

To me, that is true independence.

I can't wait to blog these two weddings over the next week or so, but here are a couple of photos for now!

Sydney and Melbourne - you're next! That's right, I've just about completed my Malaysian leg of this season, and with one more shoot to go here, I'm super excited to be heading back to Australia next to kick off the new wedding season for 08/09!! :D

I'm off to clean the house and watch some good ol' TV now :)










And this last picture, is just to continually prove that wedding photography is NOT a glamorous job. Just look how dorky I look! :p Thanks to Ju who got it on camera :) What are husbands and wives for eh? :)




8 comments:

Grace Tan said...

Cool photo of the shoes! And also, I'll probably post a pic of me on shoot too, I agree with your statement about husbands... heheh...

joshua k said...

I can't wait to see more images :)

ohana photographers-david and kimi said...

oh that shoe shot!!!! pure awesomeness!! love how happy the dance shot feels too!!

michele m. waite said...

Did they really have that incredible china for their wedding?! Great work!

Joanna said...

the reflection of the shoe was way cool :)

Anna said...

Awesome shots Jenny :D As usual, can't wait to see the rest!

And you're so lucky to have Ju helping out as well. That's so sweet of him :)

Excuse me while I go find a husband for myself first :p Hehehe...

edwin tan said...

hmm totally agree, what a husbands and wives for!!!

by the way..i got my 50mm f1.2 liao lo kekekeke

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

It's great to see you in action!