Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, September 19, 2008

Melissa and Marcus: Engagement


The day when Melissa rang my number, like many other brides, she asked if I was available on her big day to capture those moments that would be precious to her heart on such an occasion. The sad news was, that I wasn't :( I distinctly remember my heart sinking and feeling sad... I always tell brides that I find it incredibly difficult to say no, or tell them that I cannot share their big day with them. Because I know what an honor it is to be chosen. It's even harder when I sense a bride is as bubbly over email as she would be in person. And Melissa was one such bride.

So, I was incredibly stoked when she had decided she would love to do her engagement session with me!! I always love it when brides whose wedding day I cannot share, say to me they would love to share their engagement/pre-wedding session with me because it still gives me a chance to get to know them, discover what they are like as a couple, how they love each other, and chat endlessly about the lovely details they have planned for their big day. I guess I'm a real girls girl :)

Anyhow, Melissa and Marcus spent a chilly afternoon with me (we were constantly swapping between wearing the coats and not wearing the coats! haha) to get some of the following shots which ended up being some of my favourites from the day. Melissa and Marcus! have a beautiful wedding, and I say it again - you are NOT out of shape AT ALL ;) Thank you for allowing me to document part of your relationship in Sydney, even though I could not share the big day with you in KL. Regardless, I know it will be fantastic!












And here is that photo that I just love to bits :) Thank you Melissa and Marcus for being so awesome in getting it perfect in less than 10 seconds before any security had any chance to come and chase us away... haha!


Because Melissa and Marcus are getting married in Malaysia, they wanted to get some Sydney icons in the photos. Here's one :) You can find the other one at the end of the post.


Then we went for some night shots after the sun went down.




A lot of people like to shoot in this red telephone booth during the day, but for some reason I love it at night :)


And here is a slightly different take on the Sydney Harbour Bridge type shot :) You know it's there, but its not in your face like a postcard ;)


11 comments:

natemathai said...

Awesome images Jenny. That dancing/ballroom shot was killer! Great work as always!

Joanna said...

magnificent ;) the night shots are incredible!

Joshua K said...

Nice...:)

paul said...

excellent with the night shoot!

Grace Tan said...

I like the phone booth shot. Great ideas.

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

I lOVE the one with the gorgeous tiled floor! The one of her on the stairs is beautiful :)

Azhar Ariff said...

Hi Jenny! I'm a big fan of your photography works. May I know what lenses do you use for your wedding photos, please? They're a killer bokeh. Sweet.. Cheers!

Anna said...

Awwww....love this series Jenny. The night shots are awesome and the bride looks so sweet!

Andrew Hong said...

Stunning.

this is kj said...

GOODNESS inspiring inspiring shots jenny! =)

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Beautiful... I LOVE her dress!