Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wynn and Jocelynn [FULL set]

The sun was ablaze in its mighty midday-glory pinned against the striking expanse of sky and cloud, and as I slowed my car down into the driveway of no. 82, I, for one moment, thought I had mistakenly pin-pointed the wrong house.

It was so quiet. Where were all the cars? the people? the buzz? I was supposed to photograph a wedding, but I scrunched up my nose in pure confusion at the serenity of the place and wondered deeply if I had picked the wrong residence. I pulled out my sheets of paper with the bride's handwriting and yep - it was right. No 82. No doubt about it. So where was... everything? *Eyebrows raised*

I'm a chicken. Truly I am. You don't know this, but one of my biggest fears is to walk up confidently to a house I am supposed to be at, thinking I'm going to see a familiar face, only to find a complete stranger ask me who I am and what I am doing there. I actually pause and double check if I have got it right before I decide to ever knock! Well, this was one of those moments. Snap out of it Jenny Sun! I had to tell myself. You're being stupid and illogically crazy. The writing on my form said 'No. 82' and the house fixed at my front displayed a clear 82. So, I decided to kickbox away my fears, park the car, and just rock on up - the worst that could happen is that some foreign face would greet me, see me in my ninja gear (hehe, its what I term the 'all black outfit' we photographers wear - I am DETERMINED to find an appropriate but TRENDY ensemble to shoot in!! Still on the prowl I tell ya), wonder who I am, proceeded by myself swallowing a spoonful of embarrasment and go my own way.

Once stepping in though, I knew I got the right house :)

While the atmosphere wasn't painted with a frenzied charge that accompanies most weddings I've been to, I eventually worked out that it seemed fitting...for the bride, that is. For you see, Jocelynn, is just the opposite to all that fervor - that is, she's totally laid back, and laid-back in still a very much warm and bubbly way. She defiintely takes the trophy home for being the calmest bride I've had the pleasure to work with thus far... Even while she was doing a tug-of-war battle with liking her makeup, even when she had to run barefoot to the hotel after the bridal car broke down, even during some of the other pot holes that made a spotlight appearance on the day, when most brides might haved cried and turned on the stress-switch, she kept her cool and her smile and her positive spirit was always close by. She is the kind of girl that you just can't NOT like. Seriously.

As for what Wynn was doing at the time, I wasn't sure (Gosh I wish I could split myself into two, and also photograph the groom preparations too!), but I don't think its too incorrect (if I am wrong Wynn, you can speak now or forever hold your peace! lol) if I said he was probably, in his own resolute and zealous way, checking that everything was in order, making sure that things were running smoothly, and that things were just 'perfect' for this wonderful big day. You could always trust that he would take care of things.

You see, that is just how the two are - the proverbial perfectionist, and the ever-blitheful soul - A case of 'opposites attract' in my eyes, and a marriage of 2 starkly different people but one that compliments each other in the very best of ways possible :)

I've said it before, but I have to say it again - their wedding, which was kicked off at St Mary's Anglican Church, Kuala Lumpur, followed by dinner at the Parkroyal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, was an absolute pleasure to photograph. Not only because they are great people, but because they embraced me as a friend on the day, and not just some random photographer - plus I got to meet some of their zany friends! Apart from that, it was fun, youthful, and very centered around a Christ-like love. And from the toasts and speeches delivered around the banquet room that night, you could tell this love had wonderfully sprinkled itself across the hearts of many who were there to share their special union. Even the bumps and crevices of the day couldn't subtract from the glow that emanated from the love and commitment that they share :)

Click [HERE] to see the full slideshow set (For those friends and family who cant get enough of these two, you will have to email them personally if you want to see their entire wedding photo collection in flash-gallery format! :) ), and as always, have a look below for some of my favourite shots from their wedding (apart from the ones I've already shown previously):

I love shoe shots! Maybe its because Im a girl, I dont know but I seriously have FUN trying to get shoe shots right at each wedding!

The bride enjoying part of the makeup process before going off to the church
For some reason, everyone in the family got a turn to 'put' on the veil. I can't remember what was said but apparently it must have been the joke of the year because it set everyone off laughing their heads off! Very cute :)
Beautiful choice of pinks/apricots blended in with the champagne colour of the bridesmaids dresses. I thought it was gorgeous as they were basking in some beeeautiful natural sunlight!
Ring exchange :) You can see the slideshow for their kiss!
Ahhh, walking down the aisle...their first moment as husband and wife, after 5 years journeying together as boyfriend and girlfriend...
Petals! Petals! Petals! I just LOVE it when stuff like this is thrown at the bride and groom at weddings... just the look of their faces is priceless! You would think you've seen this shot before but if you look carefully its not the same :)
One of the shots taken during their lightning-speed of a formal portrait session :) Soo cute!
Sorry, I have a feet and shoe fetish at weddings! If you see me down on the floor snapping away, it is likely that someone(s) feet have caught my attention! This pair was cute :)
The bride. I don't care what she says about her hair and makeup, because I think she looks gorgeous in this shot!! :) Pay close attention everyone because you will NOT see this shot in the slideshow!

Thank you SOOO much, Wynn and Joce, for letting me and trusting me to document (but more importantly, WITNESS) your beautiful wedding. It was inspiring and encouraging to hear of your colourful journey as individuals, then as boyfriend and girlfriend, and I'm sure that as you embark on this new adventure that we call marriage, you will continue to spur and encourage others around you :) I hope you are both loving London life right now!

Much love,
Jen



Tags:

0 comments: