Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dream profession

Here's something you may find amusing (and if you don't, well - too bad :p It's my blog so unfortunately you will just have to put up with my bad goofy humour, lol!):

When I was in grade 7 (equivalent to form 1), we were told to scribble on a sheet of paper what we would like to do when we grow up... where we saw ourselves in 10 years time... and why. Upon contemplating profusely over the matter (which was quite a bothersome and profound thing to ask of a 12 year old at the time!), I managed to grace the paper with some obscure notion of what I pictured my future to be like. At that point, our teacher told us that she would be collecting the slips of paper we had so openly poured out our hearts to, to be kept, until the time we graduated high school. Interesting.

I felt like I had signed away my life and that I had stupidly not devoted enough loyal thought into what I had to say... Oh well... looking at it from the glass-is-half-full perspective, at least I might possibly get a free laugh from it all when I read the slip 6 years down the road.

Fast forward to 1999.

There I am proudly walking up the assembly stage to collect my folder of documents, in front of all 1000+ bodies in the school, and taking all the certificates that were awarded to me (I think Joanne has already professedly shed light on the fact that I was a 'nerd' in high school... haha. Ok, she was nice enough to phrase it as 'academic jenny' and I may not have looked like a nerd, but inside I loved doing well...at everything. Sad huh?! lol!), and as I descended from the elavated platform to place myself back into my alotted seat, I eagerly opened up the midnight-blue presentation folder to investigate the goodies within.

And there it was. I had completely forgotten about it. The slip of paper on which I wrote my 'dream profession' 6 years ago as a fresh soul to the world of high school and growing up, was staring weatheredly up at me.

"I want to be an accountant when I grow up. That's because my dad is an accountant and I think that is so cool"

See, what did I tell you. Total nerd. (no discredit to the bean counters who are reading this!! Including my mum, dad, and brother! We totally respect your profession, and much of our world wouldn't function without your proficient bean-counting abilities :D) I guess my point in all this, is that life has a funny way to turn in ways we do not expect. Look at me 7 years since that day at graduation. I went and consumed a 4 year graphic design degree + 1 year in business/marketing, and have since become a designer and photographer! :D I promise if I ever find that sheet of paper, I will photograph it and show you, with my bad 7th grade handwriting and all! :)

Anyway, today I couldn't be further from being an accountant. And I couldnt be more satisfied :) I'm happy with what I do (It's not perfect, so please don't think that! but I do love it), and I love the fact that my job cant be boxed into blacks and whites....I love that it comes painted with a kaleidescope of colours, shapes, and a myriad of little windows to see the world around me in funny different ways.

I wonder what YOUR childhood dream profession was? :)

Oh, and I promise I will TRY not to post more dorky photos of myself :p TRY is the word! lol! It was a cheap BAD idea, but I just couldn't resist!

A big thanks to Ju for agreeing to take this really silly shot for me! haha :D

Tags:

1 comments:

Zakari said...

LOL I wanted to be an advertising executive... still in a creative field now I guess.