Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, August 10, 2007

Pearls of Wisdom

I learned recently that one of the best things one can do for their photography and business is to be yourself.

That's right, 100% natural. 100% me. No added flavours, colours or preservatives. Just me.

They said that the personality you give off and show to the rest of the world, will attract clients who have similar personalities, or love similar personalities which is why its so important to be yourself because if you work for and meet those that are simliar to you, it makes for a great partnership! - And that is how I see working with clients - to me, they are not just numbers in my book. They are partners with me! They are people, whom I love getting to know, whom I want to care for, and I always think if I can walk away from a job I do with seeds planted for a friendship, then I am truly happy :)

So, in the spirit of this new pearl of wisdom that has left its thumbprint on my heart, I've decided its time to let you all know a bit more about the girl behind the lens :) Bit by bit. It's kind of scary opening myself up, especially since I don't know 99% of the people that decide to knock on the JSP website door - but I'm learning that it's ok.

I don't need to pretend to be super intelligent, or ultra cool, nor sophisticated, or so uberly-know-it-all. Because I'm not! Inside, I still feel like that girl who thought mud-pies really were pies made of mud that could be eaten!, who cries at the slightest hint of sentimentality in tv shows and movies, who is the perennial perfectionist, who still loves her soft fluffy toys, who loves goofy jokes, who isn't ashamed to speak her mind in her own dorky way, who is insanely addicted to a really good laugh, and who just loves being with people (especially friends and family) to bits!

To start, I thought it would be cool (sorry if it may seem otherwise!) to share on a weekly basis 3 things that I am totally thankful for, and 3 things that I just LOVE. Everyone loves a dose of positive indulgence (I know I do!) so here is mine to contribute to the world :)

3 things I am thankful for this week:
- God given opportunities
- Time to sleep (when one gets older, you realise what a luxury it is!)
- Parents (I've learned that no matter where you are, what you have done, they are always there, and in this fast changing society where little remained planted firm in the ground or the same, their love and support never fades or changes. I thank God for that!)

3 things I just LOVE this week:
- emails and comments (can I cheat and make 2 things into one? :p)
- kose lipgloss in pink
- paypal!! (gosh it makes shopping in today's age so universal!)

Tags:

0 comments: