Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kind words go a long way :)


Today was just one of those days. You know, the kind where no matter how much fuel you are pumping into the system to run full throttle ahead, the wheels tend to stumble across some nail or stone to set you back a few steps. A few steps forward, a couple of steps back. A few steps forward, another couple of steps back. It felt like an eon and a century went by before I even felt I was in the 'drive' mode instead of reverse gear. You see, I'm a meticulously organized person. I love checklists, plans, tables, charts, and I like seeing ticks on all of them.... quick ticks at that. So when plans get stalled or I have my 2 hands dipped in 8 pots at once, my brain runs crying into its la-la-land, and I end up feeling like I am literally running in circles. I promise I don't exaggerate.

Anyhow, in the midst of all that insanity, and in my manic inbox world, in comes this delightful email :) I love emails these days that are completely about hellos, how are yous, and here is something nice for you. This email was exactly like that. A past bride of mine wrote to me telling me she had decided to write a feature about little old me! I was like - really? serious? That is SO NICE! :D nobody does things these days just because, so I was really touched by the gesture. If you are ever reading this, THANK YOU for bringing a smile to my day :)

You guys should check out her site - its great for brides to be. FULL of fantastic tips, ideas, and the like. The link is here: http://myweddingplanningtips.com/


Anyhow, you can read the full feature by clicking the picture below :) For those who are lazy to press that mouse button, you can just read the copy and pasted feature below it.





Some people have the amazing way of lighting up every room they walk into with their smile and personality. Jenny Sun is one such person and in her case, her light and sunny nature shines from each and every one of her gorgeous photos. I first saw her photographs when I was looking for my own wedding photographer and was completely bowled over by the intensity and colour I could see in every photo she had. It just radiated with such love and happiness I couldn’t wait to snap her up for my own wedding!

Brides who have found her would surely be tempted to keep her a secret as her calendar gets booked up so quickly! However, as all good things should be shared, read below to learn more about this young but incredibly talented wedding photographer and see some of her fabulous work.

The first thing that struck me when I first saw Jenny Sun’s photos was the way her photos were filled with happy light, laughter and colour. It was a wonderful and refreshing contrast from the photojournalistic style of photography some wedding photographers were starting to adopt. Jenny’s photos are casual and off-beat but beautifully capture the tender moments between a couple, the evocative look of love shining in their eyes, the mischievous glint as they are silly in front of her camera and the no-holds-barred laughter at the joy they share. It was from her that I first learnt how beautifully light can be captured in a photograph and the beauty of her famous flare shots I fell in love from the start. Her flare shots have become her signature item and it never ceases to amaze me how this talented lady sees and portrays light in her photos.

Jenny’s bubbly personality puts almost anyone at ease and brings out the best in them. Photography sessions with her are always fun and almost too short as she jokes to encourage laughter from even the most serious clients! She absolutely loves clients who treat their photography sessions as a fun rather than a state affair and be warned as you will be constantly laughing and smiling throughout your shoot with her! With Jenny, be prepared to do something different during your shoot – climb a tree, climb a rickety staircase or be simply goofy and with her magical touch, you can be sure she will turn those moments into unique photographs you will cherish forever! I know we will always look back on our own photoshoot with lots of fond memories!

This petite lady shoots mainly in both Australia and Malaysia and her eye for detail and love for colour is what made J and I fall in love with her photographs and what sets her apart from other photographers. In true JSP style, her photographs are always full of vibrance, the tiny little details that makes every wedding perfect and most of all, the tender love and emotion shining in the couple’s eyes. All the little things that make up every perfect wedding!


Have a gorgeous day ahead people! :D

4 comments:

Clara said...

You fully deserve having a feature written about you! As always... fantastic pictures, Jenny!

Linda Truong said...

A TO THE M E N... :D We luff you Jenny!!

Alexandra said...

:) Congratulations and wow what a great review!! My favorite part is " With Jenny, be prepared to do something different during your shoot – climb a tree, climb a rickety staircase or be simply goofy and with her magical touch, you can be sure she will turn those moments into unique photographs you will cherish forever!" :) :) Great work Jenny and keep doing what you're doing - you are amazing at it!

Lisa ^^, said...

Well, I have been silently browsing your blog for the past year. And I love all the photos you have put up so far. Sometimes, I spend hours just staring at the photos that make me go "Awwwwww, how sweet !" They're indeed beautifully captured. And being the young woman I am, I dream, you know? If I ever had the chance to hire your services in the future, I would be so lucky !! Anyway, all the best to you, and congrats on being the great photographer you are ! I pray you will progress as a photographer way beyond where you are now :) God bless !