Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Adeline and Chuen Hau: Engagement


This engagement session has a funny story behind it. Ok, not really, but there were quite a number of things about this shoot that left the oh-so-memorable mark on my heart. You see, the day was raining. And not just your average, lets sprinkle and spit a little onto the land kind of rain. It was lets see if we can flood the country kind of rain - from the start of the morning, right up until about 5 minutes before the shoot began, it was POURING. POURING until visibility was so poor, I could barely see while driving to our first location.

We were just about to reach the first place, and had to drive through a tunnel to get there. It was still BUCKETING down like crazy, and I was so nervous. Thinking "how am I going to shoot in this kind of condition??" all the way through, while anxiously tapping my fingers along the weathered black steering wheel. Then as we exited the tunnel, something amazing happened.

There was sun. In all its gloriousness, flickering its rays down on us. It was clear! I was amazed that in the span of 2 minutes, between one end of the tunnel to the next, the weather was completely different! And what greeted me after were gorgeous smiles, perfect laughs, and an exuberance of fun with these two. I loved their spirit and I am SO glad they braved and risked with the weather, despite everything. Adeline and Chuen Hau, you two are amazing :)

Anyhow, here are my favourites from their session. Mind you, when I walked into the door of their place, I saw lying there a slew of Nikon cameras and lenses. These two are serious photographers! I do mean that! Especially when they were showing me photos they loved by the ever fabulous Ben Chrisman (who is one of my favourite photographers)! talk about pressure! haha :)






I seriously LOVE how these two so uninhibitedly laugh with one another.




No wonder we got such good weather that day. I truly believe you can never have a bad day if you are wearing fabulous shoes. And BRIGHTLY COLORED at that!


Something different.






These next two are some of my favourite frames :) Give me emotion over art anyday *winks* :)








These two introduced to me what is called a Banoffee Pie - YUMMNESS!




Off to do something urban.














These two can rock out a pose and a look!


Especially Adeline :)


Chuen Hau, you're not too bad yourself! haha :)






And then, here is the bonus of working straight after the rain - you get clear beautiful skies. And amazing light :) Who said shooting next to a barbed wire fence would be boring!!?!




I love the following two frames of the two.




I don't know why, but Chuen Hau picked up Adeline at this point and just started goofing around!! haha






Isn't this light incredible? This is practically straight out of the camera. Promise! I swear! :D




Then when it got too dark to play, Chuen Hau suggested the most fun idea! we got to play with his car! I love it when clients bring their fabulous ideas to the table!! It set up a very big challenge as I don't normally shoot night shots, but this was a really pleasant surprise. Thank you for pushing me and letting me play with something new!!




This last frame is probably my fave. Its so subtle.


And here is their slideshow to a new song I love, and a tonne of other pis!


Have a gorgeous wednesday everyone! :D

20 comments:

andrea Blair said...

you rock my socks off! I always love your sessions. :)

Angie King said...

Wow love your work!!!

Zi said...

Man i love your shots!

Wendy said...

wow! I love those shots with banoffee pie!

Miranda said...

Jenny, these are absolutely beautiful. I adore the puddle shot,perfection...I hear ya on the "emotion" over "art".

Suzaidee said...

I don't know how you did it...but no matter what location and situation you get you always can come out something wonderful... Love it...

Alexandra said...

I love way too many of these to begin to tell you .. the fence ones, the puddle one, the urban ones, the coffee ones .. way too many. Great work!! :)

Yussof said...

Wow... awesome. love ur work very much. anyway, wat lens do u use for all these pix?

Mary Anne Morgan said...

Oh my goodness!!! LOVE the shots with the car headlights, and of course the flare shots! What a sweet sweet couple. Nicely Done, Jenny:)

Candice said...

Delurking to say, your pictures are so magical and I'm a BIG fan of your blog!!

Lydia said...

the pictures are so beautiful they brought tears to my eyes. coupled with the post above, you've made my day much, much better. i will go get myself proper lunch now instead of eating takeaways in front of the computer screen in the office!

Karly said...

So fanstastic - as always. Your work is truly inspiring and somehow gets better and better everytime I visit your blog (how is that even possible). Perfection!

Yours Moment said...

I love your work very much, Jenny!
I just can't stop browsing again and again over the newly posted Adeline and Chuen Hau Engagement Photo.
Thank you for sharing the great pictures with us. Can't resist to drop by every time when new post is coming in ^.*

Anna said...

WOW! These are just stunning.. so much variety, colourful backgrounds, flare, everything! There's just too many gorgeous images to mention favourites! But I do really love the second one, such a perfect background. And that's amazing how the weather changed so fast!

ben chrisman said...

beautiful couple and wonderful job jenny!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Really admire your skills!

tammeegoreng said...

Jenny - one of my favourite sets i've seen of yours!!!! Too many i love, but the one with their feet and the puddle is definitely my fave!!
Thanks for the inspiration :)

Adeline and Chuen Hau said...

Thank you so much for the fabulous photos - we heart each and every one of it! You have detailed every moment we had during our engagement session and I can vouch for the amount of lunacy we’ve gone through during that day. At the end, all of our facial muscles were all sore with all the joy and laughter’s throughout the day and all credit goes to you *grins*. Images which you captured definitely lived up to Jenny Sun’ standards which we all endear so much; no comparison required. We are unquestionably delighted to have you as part of our celebration of love together and forever!

Naomi Dear said...

Jenny, you really are in a league of your own with these engagement sessions! I want to hang no 7 on my wall! AMAZING!

scott said...

Jenny, i am blown away by all of your work, you are truly talented and the photos have such a wistful feeling to them...please tell me if you get a chance where the cafe is with the lanterns hanging from the trees from the last shoot???

scott@snowworkers.com