Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Charge Up: The Workshop Conference!


I love workshops and conferences. I think there is a really buzzing spirit of hunger and passion when I go to one, and I always leave so deeply encouraged for my craft and the people I have met.

Next year, 2010, marks the start of a number of speaking engagements I'll be involved in, with the first being kicked off at the most awesome Charge Up Conference!




If you are a media user (video, photography, sound, etc), or a lover of media and want to grow in your knowledge and skillset for it, then you should totally pay attention! The Charge Up conference is a 4-day long event, filled to the brim with workshop talks on an enormous kaleidescope of topics to help nurture and challenge your understanding of your skill, as well as a 2-day practical involving hands-on work to tackle the challenge given, and applying what has been taught!

I'll be giving two talks:
(1) Understanding exposure - how to get the right exposure in differing circumstances, to create a different array of photos.
(2) How to engage and interact with your subject, as a photographer - I get this question ALOT. Ie. how do I work with my clients to produce the kind of images that are up on this blog? At Charge Up, during this session I'll be explaining techniques and tips on how to work with your clients to get the best images possible!

Other speakers include Louis Pang, and Grace from Wedding Story, amongst many others touching on subjects such as composition, using available light, posing, workflow, and so on! It's going to be an AMAZING 4-days so do register if you are interested! The details can be found here: http://www.livewiremedia.org/ws/chargeup.html

Register before the slots are filled up! There is a special early bird registration deal which ends this coming monday (30th November) so take advantage of that! Go to the website, download the form, and register now! :D

I really look forward to seeing some of you there! it would be sad if I were talking to the 3 walls facing me! Please save me the embarrassment! :D

Have a lovely weekend ahead everyone! I'm off to tackle and amazing week of the most delightful shoots - HUGE visual surprises coming when I get back in front of the computer!

xx

Jenny




3 comments:

Alexandra said...

Awesome! Wish I could come watch you speak :(

Yee Boon said...

bumped into ur website and is greatly inspired by the way you take the photos. those are really amazing pieces of arts!

and oh my~ i feel so blessed to be able to attend the next year conference with great speakers like you all~

see you Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny, As you hopefully know I am traveling to San fran to hang with you while you are there. The too topics you spoke on at this conference is exactly what I want to talk with you about AND behind the pics in the lab. I won't be at the concerence but is there any written material you can point me too. I'd be happy with your notes. Oregon's light can be so harsh. or just dull and flat. Morning and evenings can have nice light in the summer but shoots do not always follow the schedule of the light. I struggle with either hot spots or just low contrast because of low or flat light. Sorry I am long winded.

Amanda