Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Travel Destination: London, UK [Summer 2010] on FILM


It's been several weeks of solid city and country hopping. At the moment I'm parked here in a cosy cafe that's decked with wooden floorboards, warm smells of bacon and eggs wafting in the air, and fringed with freshly brewed coffee on a slightly chilly morning, at another airport, waiting to depart to the next city on my calendar. I have been awake since about 5 in morning, which has been unusual, given the fact that I do love (with an unhealthy passion) my desire to sleep in. However, I do appreciate the slow start to the day. More often than not, I need to protectively arm my days with double espresso shots in order to power through the frantic manicness that usually colours my schedule. So, it was a welcomed luxury to wake up early with an abundance of hours ahead of me to pack, freshen up, and lull my way to the airport in an untraditionally unhurried fashion.

So I sit here now, with Alicia Keys serenading through my newly purchased noise cancelling earphones, munching faithfully through one of my favourite kind of breakfasts - eggs benedict, drenched in velvety hollandaise sauce, roped with fresh baby spinach leaves, smoked ham, and turkish bread. All trimmed with a punchy cup of espresso. I can never go without my espresso :) I used to be a latte kind of girl, but my coffee palette seems to have gone through puberty or something because I am now craving that naked, full bodied, electric kick that comes from just the beans :) And I couldn't feel more alive in the after moments of letting it glide into my system. On a good day, I can take a double ;)

I don't get moments like this often, so I do treasure them. These quiet moments, that is. So when I was able to do that while in London recently, it was lovely beyond words to my happy heart. Marry that with the fact that the days were incredibly long :) Summer was definitely lilting her way throughout the town, and I completely loved the fact that the sun went down at 930 in the evenings! There were many instances where I was incredibly content to pick up my meal from Mark and Spencer , and casually make my way to a nearby park to just munch, relax, and people watch. Most people who look at me will often raise an eyebrow when I tell them I am just as happy to be on my own, with some solidly fantastic music, good food, inhabiting a corner comfortably in a cafe or a park under the trees while the sun is gently radiating around and the breeze is dancing in an affable and agreeable manner. Anyhow, I think there is a misconception that I am an extrovert, maybe because of the absolutely severe amounts AND lengths that I talk and let my mouth run. However the myers briggs personality test has totally trumped and killed this myth and proven that I am an introvert :P yes, an INTROVERT! Crazy right? ;) Okay, so I am only an introvert by a meagre 2 points (which technically means I can be either an introvert or extrovert), but nevertheless it does mean that I completely love (and need) my ME-time :)

Anyhow, that was a lot of verbal verbosity :P I really just wanted to share some photos I had taken in London while I was there recently. I got the films back, and these are my favourite :) At some point, I will probably share the digital photos I took as well, but we'll leave that for another time :) For now, hope you find some of the ones below ok! Sorry about the weird border around each photo! I have no idea what happened with my script on this new computer :P



Yes, that's Buckingham Palace and London Eye you see peering through the greenery above! :D


Typical English residencies - although somewhat of the prettier kind apparently. Kensington.



These were taken at St James Park. I love how in the summer you can sit on these awesome looking chairs and just sun bake in the middle of the park! :D




Oxford Street. The hub of the shopping in this city. I LOVED it. And it was sales galore!! :D




I think I was obsessed with the parks of London. I have no idea why. I find I pick up a fetish in every city/country I go to. In Europe 2008, it was locks and doors. In USA earlier this year it was letterboxes. In London this time, it was their parks. I visited ALOT of them! :P The above was along the grounds of Chiswick House (pronounced Chis-ick, thanks to my lovely british friends in Perth who generously corrected me when I pronounced it Chis-wick :P )



This shot above, and the couple below are just a few examples of pretty things I saw while walking the streets :)







And I'll end the post with my favourites (above shot and all the ones below), which were taken in Hampstead Heath Park when I took a very long walk through its extensive grounds. The light was incredible that afternoon, and I was very happy to just sit there amongst the golden fields, with all the other summer campers and just watch the world go by :)

















5 comments:

yuin said...

*gasp*
You were in London? When?
(Lurking blog reader popping up into the light for a bit here. hahah! Hi~!)

I'm not in London - am in Scotland at the moment - but I was there last month! And I have a photo of that view of the London Eye from St. James's Park that's fairly similar to your first pic in this post (but yours is way better!). Just wanted to say that. ;D

(I don't think that's Buckingham Palace though. Buckingham's on the other side...? eheh.)

Last word: I loooove your photos, Jenny! Always looking forward to your updates :)
And apparently one of my good friends is going to Australia to have you shoot her engagement photos soon; I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing those!

Evelin said...

*gasp*

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !!!!

Nicholas Leong said...

Awesome as usual. And a new computer! New toys are always fun :P

Back here in KL, we try to avoid the sun like a plague :P Let alone having deck chairs and baking underneath it...

Agnes Sim said...

nice shots & love it! ;-)

Aaron F said...

Wow!Looking at your fantabulous London set, making me even more tempted to fly over and experience amazing London!!Seriously Addictive, photos!Your travel images always WoW me to the max!Anymore?