Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, July 26, 2010

WORKSHOP NEWS: JSP + WIKI


For those who have asked when and where is my next teaching/workshop appearance, here is the low down! :D If you have been staying connected with my via my Facebook Fanpage, you will have had a small preview of information about this workshop event, but I am officially announcing it here! :D

That's right! JSP is teaming up with the ever fabulous Wiki Lee (of www.wikilee.com) and Ilona from the amazingly creative Fotoexpression. If you haven't seen their work, you have to have been living under a rock! Because they have been working the Sydney scene and rocking alot of couples' worlds with their amazing camera skills! :D






Title:
Anyone at Anytime, Anywhere

Which basically sums up the main drive of the workshop and what we will be teaching - skills, information, and knowledge so that you can shoot anyone (of all ages and sizes), at anytime (rain, hail, or shine!), and anywhere (because, lets face it, we aren't all given grand beautiful expensive weddings, or 5 star venues to shoot at!). The workshop will cover shooting, workflow, and business. And of course, given the fact that it will be held over 3 days, you have ample time to ask either one of us ANY questions you like in between all the classes :)

Cost:
AUD$1,000 (GST excl.) – For non-Australian photographers
AUD$1,100 (GST incl.) – For Australian photographers
Group registration (>2 photographers) – 10% off. Please advise whether you need GST or not when sending us email for this special request.

Date:
20-22 August 2010

Location:
Sydney, Australia

Spaces:
max. 15 students
(Only a number of slots left, so please get your place in before you miss out!)

Who is this for?:
For those who has the experience of shooting wedding(s) as a principal or assistant photographer.
For those who’s seriously thinking to become a professional wedding photographer.
Professional photographers

Speakers:
Wiki Lee, Ilona Lee and Jenny Sun.



Proposed schedule:
August 20th: The theory behind Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere

August 21st: Whole day practical session with real couple.

August 22nd: Competition and feedback time!




Here are some testimonials that we received from our past workshops.

“Wiki, Ilona and Jenny’s workshop is unlike others. Straight to the point, no hidden message. I’m able to leverage their business perspective and photography technique in my photography works; unseen in the last 8 years of my career.Arguably, their POI technique found in many “GPS” systems, which I find is the most effective “mode” of photography. The point is, do not dictate your images with equipment, lenses and other technical issues to make the shot, but the “POI”. So what is POI? Well. for me to know; for you to find out!” – Teng Wei, Teng Wei Photography

“DOWN to earth. This was the first thing that struck me as they are amazingly friendly people. As you probably already know, they are great at what they do, yet do not boast and put themselves on a pedestal where it makes you feel it is out of reach. However, what they excel at, is to make you believe in yourself and help you see photography from a different perspective altogether!Right as in the RIGHT Direction. Every photographer has had their ‘down moment’ before and it is indeed disheartening. However, with the guidance from Wiki, Ilona and Jenny, it did not only motivate, but also encouraged me to work my own style, yet at the same time, get the customers whom I will love to shoot for! Awesome is a how the workshop was. Even after the workshop ended, Wiki and Ilona’s ‘GPS system’ (nicknamed by Teng Wei), made me rethink my methods, my styles and most importantly my goals. Not forgetting, Jenny, who had in our conversations, helped me realise that there are few other things beyond lenses, cameras and technical aspects which can further enhance our work!” – Chew Kar Heng, Compozitions

“Boy was it an experience : ) I’ve always think twice of attending “photography” workshops, since mostly are quite costly or the topics are quite generic. However, Red Ninja’s approach is a lot different. Its more towards experience sharing, which I find essential for new photographers like me who wants to start up our own business. Wiki & Ilona’s simple ways of narrating their methods makes it easier for me to understand. Wiki being such a funny lass makes it even more entertaining, that I barely noticed the time. Trust me, you wouldn’t wanna miss the “Wikimania” experience! This is THE workshop to go if you wanna take your photography technique & business to the next level : )” – Faizal Yusuf, Miuyuko Images

“This is my first ever workshop that i attended. I was still struggling do i really need to attend this workshop when i know about it. But, i would said it is so much beneficial after attending this, not only technically got improved and advised, also my mentally was inspired by these 3 awesome photographers. This is the most that i gained in the workshop. Honestly, it is much more worth than what I had really pay for. Exceed Customer Expectation!!!” – Wing Yew, Trinity Photography

“It has been an honour to be taught by the best photographers from the wedding industry. Their generosity in sharing their experiences & success story has inspired me to refine & define my photography style & business.I have received my breakthrough, all thanks to Wiki, Ilona and Jenny! Definitely a workshop not to be missed out!” – Narmit, Blushed Photography

“‘I’ve not been shooting for a very long time but I’ve always known im more a ninja (silent shooter kind) more then a samurai (the ones that would speak out) but after the workshop I saw light, I was enlighten on how I could be both and learn to gain the courage to speak out more and direct. Wiki, Ilona and Jenny are not just mentors to me and they are certainly not people who I’ve paid to just give me tips on photography. They gave their best to attending to everyone on a personal basis and I’m really grateful for that.To just say I’ve improve or been a better person is small talk, what really proves this is how I got feedback from my clients and their family. It’s from there on I knew whatever I was doing was working. So thank you again so much Wiki, Ilona and especially Jenny for being there as a friend whenever.” – Benjamin Lim, Benjamin Lim Photography

“The bootcamp pragram is awesome as the mentors generously share their experience, tips with everyone in the camp. With Wiki, Ilona & Jenny’s advice, i’m now confident to meet new friend and gaining my client.” – Lai Wei Ming, Miuyuko Images

“This was the first workshop I went to, and one that will have set a very high bar for any other future workshops to surpass. The best of teachers are the ones that share with you everything and anything. That is what they have done. They build a relationship with their students and you know that you can always count on them as mentors.Since attending the workshop, I have re-looked at how I shoot, how I interact with clients, how I market myself and how I get clients to appreciate my style. These are lessons that I will keep for the rest of my life.” – Nicholas Leong, Through Our Eyes Photography



OK, I'm KEEN and want to REGISTER! How do I do so?
Go to the registration page here :) You can pay via paypal/credit card, or bank transfer.

Yay! I'm super excited! I can't wait to see you there! :D

xox


PS: For those that don't know yet, I am giving away a complimentary 1 on 1 mentoring session to one lucky person who signs up for this workshop! Check out the details HERE: http://wikischoolpedia.com/announcement/free-private-mentoring-by-jenny-sun/

Don't miss out! :D


-------------------

To everyone still waiting for picture posts, I'm so sorry! I've been travelling and doing an insane amount of city hopping the past month and I've not had a chance to breathe or do much of anything. But I've got a few things in line for you this week so stay tuned! :D



1 comments:

Mary Anne Morgan said...

okay, Jenny good grief! You HAVE to do a workshop in the states. You are killing me here! How I would love to fly over there and come to this, but I can't pull it off right now. You are amazing though and WORTH EVERY PENNY!
Blessings, sunshine girl!

~Mary Anne