Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Alvin + Karmin: Engagement


The thunder is pealing, and the raindrops are falling faster and heavier outside my window today, right at this very moment. At this second, it's perfect to be inside, with a hot cup of coffee warming the palms, while letting photos of couples in love put a tingle and smile on my face :)

Meet Alvin and Karmin. Two sweet and fun souls, who gave me the pleasure of documenting their love one very gorgeous afternoon in my favourite city in the whole world - home - Sydney :) Every time my eyes grace the water in the harbour, with the sun sparkling over the surface, and I am watching the rays glimmer through the leaves in the park, and the warmth is soaking through my skin, I am happy. And I know we are very spoilt down under in this amazing city. I never tire of shooting here. Sometimes, in the midst of some crazy travelling or work schedules, I think of home, and no matter where I am - london, paris, Kuala Lumpur, New York, etc... nothing beats the feeling of stepping foot on home soil - especially this soil :)

Enjoy some of my favourites from their session :)



(I normally don't like shooting or putting up photos of the harbour bridge or opera house, because it reminds me of tacky postcards [dont hate!! hehe], but I couldn't help but shoot and share this one because the light was seriously insanely pretty in the harbour that day!! )









Gorgeous gorgeous light :)










Did you know that tulips are my FAVVVVOURITE flowers?? :D Karmin, your taste is impeccable ;)


Did I mention the light was gorgeous? It only got better ;)








Well, the story behind this shot - it wasn't planned. The petals off the tulips actually wilted and all fell off, so we decided to play with them! And at least put them to one last good use ;)


Then it was time for a quick change of clothes and switch up the feel of the photos to be more fun and whimsical! :D

Mmmmm.... I seriously couldn't get enough of the light that day :)




Love bubbles!!




And I love these pretty colourful little fan things!




Thank you Alvin and Karmin for a beautiful afternoon!! I had so much fun :) xox


And their slideshow! Check it out for a really pretty song that I love, and alot of extra photos! :D



14 comments:

James said...

Beautiful as always!

Joshua said...

Another great set!! Love these photos!!

MunKeat said...

Nice work Jenny ....love the nice warm feeling on the photos. Well done !

Bubblie Green Tammy said...

Jenny, this is really lovely and sweet.

The emotions of the picture and the warmth feeling is amazing.

It is Fantastic. Hugs!

goingkookies said...

Simple and yet beautiful just the same.. =)

Pamelyn Tan-Corsi said...

Very pretty colours and beautiful moments captured :)

Liz ^^, said...

Omigosh, heart those tulips and those "pretty colourful little fan things" too !!! :DDDDD

Katherine said...

Your so good at creating images, Jenny! love these!

Bernard Khoo said...

Fantastic and inspiring Jenny. Love it

Scott said...

Lovely photos Jenny. Where was the 2nd part of the shoot held?

Bec said...

awesome shots Jenny. Love the petal one!

hyperhex.com said...

Lovely jenny. always love your color, poses, mood and feel to your photographs ....

Alvin+KarMin said...

Loved every moment of it ! Speechlessly beautiful !!! :)

esther said...

Love the warmth & the mood & the feel to your photographs! :) By the way who sang the song in the slide show?