Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, July 1, 2010

Film: Travel Destination - Route 1 and The Big Sur, USA


These photos are highly overdue :P For those that have been following my blog, you'll know that I made the long trek to the USA a couple of months back :) As expected, I took a million and one photos, and as expected when I came back home life got in the way and all those photos got left sitting inside a dusty hard drive :P

Anyhow, one thing you may not know about me, is that I edit or look at my travel photos as a way to destress, and it is very theraputic for myself personally :) So you will know if travel photos go up on the blog, it means things are EXTREMELY crazy on my end, and this is my way of coping :P That, and eating Haagen Dazs ice cream! :D

As part of my tour around the states, I visited and road tripped along this AWESOME stretch of coastal land called "Route 1 and The Big Sur" - it is basically hundreds and hundreds of KM of cliff, ocean, and beach towns. Sadly, because it is along the coast, it means the area is frequented by alot of fog and rain (which I saw alot of - boo!), but the awesome thing about this place is that there are many beautiful little towns that are situated right by the beach/coast and it is phenomenally beautiful to witness and be part of on a sunny day :) Towns such as Monterey, Carmel (this was probably the prettiest! :D ), Santa Cruz, Morro Bay, and Santa Barbara were pit stops along the way along the 4 day trip.... and all were really gorgeous in their own right :)

I took alot of digital photos (which I may put up later :P ), but for now, here are some of the film photos that came back from that experience :) I wish there was more sun on the trip, but hey, you take what you can get when you are travelling ;)

As always, all film photos are unedited, hence the softer more pastel-like colours, and that pretty grain!! :D


Spanish Missions are very common along the California area. I loved the architecture, colours and rustic feel of the place! :D







Carmel Town :) I can't believe people are lucky enough to live with a view like this! :D




These were taken in Napa Valley when it was POURING RAINING! You should know by know I have a soft spot for yellow fields of flowers :P




Beaches like below were normal sights along the Route 1 coastal drive. And it was amazing! :D








I was OBSESSED with American letterboxes throughout my entire trip! I think I shot every single one I could find! :P I just love how cute they are!


Some pretty nature along the way :)


More missions :)


As there were alot of coastal towns, fisherman piers and clam chowder (which I learnt I didn't like!) were of the norm! :D






This made me sad :(


And Debbie!! If you are reading this, this shot I took just FOR YOU ;)






Stumbled upon this place on our way to find a particular beach. LOVED how ethereal and enchanting it looks! :D


And not forgetting the massive number of seals basking along the coast as well! :D


Two random lovers (at least I think they were :) )




Have a gorgeous day ahead everyone!

I'm still plowing through the insanity that is happening on my side, so bear with me! :D

with love!
xox


17 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

Two posts in a week! Must be a lucky week for us!

And my fav would have to be the shots of the seals :)

Sandria said...

Thanks for sharing your great photo & experience! I'm hooked to checking updates from your blog/FB! We missed out on the chance of getting photograph by you when you were in CA! Please do come again soon! :D

Agnes Sim said...

Happy to see your nice pics here. You cheers my day! ;-)

Liz ^^, said...

All the pics are beautiful ! I love the ones of the window, the lighthouse, and the random couple ! Oh, and seals really do look like they're enjoying basking in the sun ! :P

Robin Ng said...

beautiful travel photo. make me want to visit there soon!

DK said...

Nice photos~ good luck with your insanity over there Jenny.

May i know what scanner did you used to scanned all your film photos?

My scanner is the Dell all-in-one printer, however the photos scanned doesn't look as nice as yours, mine looked very low resolutions... =/

Jenny Sun said...

@DK: I just get my lab to scan them and burn them on a DVD for me :) It's just faster and easier since I do the developing with them - may as well get as much done in one stop as possible :)

@everyone else: thank you soooooo much for your really sweet kind words :) You lovely people always know how to put a smile on my face! Much love to you! :D xox

Andrew Yep said...

Brilliant & beautiful photos! It's as if these photos have a therapeutic effect after a long day at work. *Thumbs up!*

Laura said...

Gorgeous photos as always! Thank you for sharing x

健鸿 said...

Nice series ! A rare change to see ur scenery pic but they are all Jenny Sun style !!
Thumbs up !

Saw Kang Jong said...

love it...

cutlex said...

You really love such simple things as wheelbarrows. I can feel so much of myself in you if I were a photographer. Your photos are most gorgeous. I can't seem to get enough of it!

Bec said...

awesome shots! Love the holiday snaps. Love the lighthouse ones and the pics of the vines on the walls. and letterboxes! I loved them whilst I was over there too. too cute!

Girish said...

Seriously cool images. What a inspiration for a travel shoot. Wide variety of captures there. My favorite the red wood house photograph.

Cookwire Photography said...

As an American, I find it cute that you find "letter boxes" cute. Great photos as always Jenny!

Levonne said...

Absolutely fabulous photography. Love it! I'll be in Big Sur before long and can't wait to get out there with my camera! If you have a minute, drop by my blogs: Levonne's Pretty Pics and A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings. Would love to get your comments.

Grace Tan said...

Brings back memories. Now time for me to take out that dusty hard drive and post process my US pics too. Can't believe it's been like 4 months since our trip.