Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sandy and Ronnie: Engagement


The sun softly trickled through the willowing leaves, which moved in graceful pendulating fashion as the cool breeze danced its way in between the suspended green foliage. Floating through the air, in warm echoes was the lilting sound of giggles, doting hugs, and gazes laced with sweet spoonfuls of love.

One may throw down the silly card, and say it's impossible to hear hugs and loving gazes, but I believe love fills and permeates all the senses. So much so, that at times, you cannot tell one sense from another. And its beautiful. Perhaps that's why they say love is so magical.

One gorgeous afternoon, where the golden rays lent themselves to us for a brief moment, Sandy and Ronnie let me document their love and I couldn't be more excited and honored to photograph these two. They were sweet, carefree, cute, relaxed, and most importantly - in love, and not afraid to let it show in their down to earth and fun way! :)

Thank you so much for such an awesome time you two! Words cannot express how happy you made me and my camera with your loveliness!! I can't wait to shoot your wedding!! :)

Here are my favourites from their session! (warning: monster post ahead!)


We started with something a little more dressed up to begin with :)



Sandy's laugh is so infectious!! i laugh everytime i see these photos! :D






Gorgeous.




Then a change of attire and style. I LOVE sandy!! She and I were in conversation before the shoot, and she was telling me she wanted a roman holiday kind of feel to her images. We couldn't get a scooter, but she managed to find this AWESOME vintage bike instead. My clients bring the best stuff to the shoot!! :D I tell you brides, styling (clothes, props, and hair/makeup) in the right way is sooooo important to a shoot! As important as nice light and location. So do talk with me about your shoot! I love styling as much as shooting so lets work together and make your session that much more fabulous!! :D The results are worth it!!





















I do, and will always always love close up shots :)


A burst of AMAZING light, in the nice light we already had.


I love the feel of the below photo :)


This is them, in their element. So cute and funny!!






I don't know if you noticed, but Sandy wore the loveliest lace vintage scarf... it added the perfect touch to the style of her shoot! :D
























A little detail :)




One of my faves to end with :)


And because I haven't posted a slideshow in a while, check this out below to see a lot more images from this set. It features one of my FAAAAAVOURITE tracks by one of my now favourite artists, Shannon Curtis. Her music is just gorgeous, so have a listen!! :D
For those on RSS feed, you can check out the slideshow with this link: HERE




23 comments:

sam said...

another lovely set Jen!
you've worked out magic again! :)

Benjamin said...

o....m....g...ive ran out of words after scrolling down.

Michelle said...

Hands down my favourite set (and couple) from you, ever! I so adore it!

Cindy Tjahja said...

**speechless**

O EM GEE!

LOVE IT!! my fave set...! :)

such an amazing work jenny :)

Linda Truong said...

I absolutely love this set... I lovee the vintage feel of it!! Great work! This is by far one of my favourite sets! I loveee the bike! I LOVE IT ALL!!!! >____<

ajira said...

As always, beautiful work! Well done Jenny. This couple were just oozing love and laughter- two of my absolute favourite things! Wonderfully captured.

may said...

just dropping by to say i absolutely adore this series of photos!

shen said...

i just told alicia color presentation in photos is uniquely yours. indeed, i love this series sooo much Jenny

AdriAN YcL said...

Hey! Those are real cool series! The emotion and the vintage effect works perfectly well together! ;)

Beautiful!

Mary Anne Morgan said...

Jenny,
Your work is stunning and this set is especially gorgeous. What lens are you using for that beautiful bokeh? I am looking for my next lense!

le nez said...

I think this is my favorite shoot that you've done. Ever. I'm in so much love with the clothes and the bike and the feeling of the photos!!! I love these soooo much that I came out of my blogger stalker mode just to comment how much I love them!! And that's saying a lot!!

Definitely an inspirational set! Thanks for sharing!!!

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Love the vintage look to these!! very nice Jenny!

shirley...the lioness said...

your pics was super awesome!!
i love their pics taken with the bicycle one!!!it look very natural n nice!!!

daniel said...

hey!

I really really love this set of pictures.

One word..'amazing'!

Nydia said...

Hi Jenny,

I absolutely LOVED the vintage feel and the song choice was PERFECT :):):)

Marissa Rodriguez said...

WOW! These are INSANELY GORGEOUS! Beautiful work!

senorita said...

love this set of work... its magical! seriously awesome.

Ivana said...

looove everything about this shoot! makes me want to watch roman holiday again! :)

Fransisca said...

LOVE Everything about it !
Love her makeup&hair.
Did she do her own makeup ?
How did Sandy get the vintage bike? :)

Megan said...

I absolutely love your work. This is exactly the kind of portfolio I hope to achieve one day. I have my first engagement shoot today, and I've been looking through your photos all morning trying to prep myself with ideas that you've inspired. Keep up the amazing work.. you've made a new fan! :]

Anonymous said...

beautiful...lovely.....truly love it !!!

Andrew Follan said...

WOW. I was going to say that I loved number x, y & z but then I kept scrolling and the list got too long... GREAT WORK :)

hauyi cheng said...

WOW Jenny! I really love your pics!!! They are so inspiring!!! Very creative!