Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, August 10, 2009

Words of Encouragement


This past week, has been one of considerable trials.

At times, it has been tempting to feel discouraged, let down by others, or made to feel like I am less of a photographer. Words to do hurt, and I hope people realize that.

But as words can cut, on the flip side of the coin, words can also have an amazing healing effect too. One of my beautiful clients (who I am YET to meet!) emailed me this morning, and told me she had written the below blog post about her wedding photographer. And in an instant, I was flooded by encouragement, and warmth by her complete trust and abounding confidence in a girl whom she is yet to see and know face to face! It just reminds me that I really and truly have THE BEST clients out there. THE BEST. No flipping joke. I don't know how they find me, or why they choose me over the amazing talents that exist out there in our industry, and honestly I sometimes think I don't deserve people as amazing as yourselves, but I am so thankful for the relationship I am lucky enough to have with them.

God continues to amaze me, all the time :)

Elizabeth, if you are reading this - thank you, thank you, thank you :) you have such a beautiful heart and I am just ALL THE MORE excited about our time together in a few months!!

And to my husband, thank you for reminding me last night that I have an abundance of blessings to be thankful for. In my busyness, and lightning speed of a lifestyle, alot gets choked out and I sometimes forget. Thank you for pointing me back.





much love.

xoxo


-------

ps: We've had alot of requests for our own wedding photos to be put up here on this blog, so wait for the next post because that's where I'll be putting them up :)




9 comments:

Diana said...

That's a great testimony Jenny and I'm glad it brought you encouragement. Whatever trials you are going through, just know that God is in control and it can only make you stronger.

lauren said...

husbands are a wonderful thing to have in this industry! mine is there for the good times and bad. and just remember, the idiots that are trying to bring you down, are just jealous of your success and persona. just keep thinking how sorry you feel for them, that they dont have what you have. and what a lovely e-mail to receive from your client - kinda makes it all worthwile. xx

Naqib/Qippy said...

Hi,Don't get bad comments get you down Jenny,your work is really good,and its evident without words,just look at it and you'l see I guess ;)

RaymondC said...

Jenny.

Keep up your great work.

I have always admired your work and talent.

Mary Anne Morgan said...

Jenny,
You totally deserve that. I am a fellow photographer but I live in the States. I read your blog quite often and find so much warmth and inspiration here. Don't give up. You are on the path God has given you :)

ajira said...

Wow Jenny, right on! Elizabeth's take on you lines up exactly with mine. I've never met you either (yet, I hope) and I have a sense that you're friendly and warm just from your photography. Your email responses have simply confirmed your approachability and your loving nature, and that has been a complete pleasure to be exposed to.

There are too many bitter, suspicious and closed people in the world. When you have an open heart, it can sometimes seem like you're making yourself vulnerable to the haters... more importantly though, you are gifting the universe with your most authentic self, and it always gives back tenfold!

Keep on keeping on!

Adrian & Elizabeth said...

Hi Jenny!!! Thanks for your email and for blogging up my entry! I'm totally chuffed and thrilled beyond words! This is WAY cool! :) So, thank you! I'm so glad the words came at the right time - God knows what we need at just the right time! We cannot wait to meet you! I'm totally excited!

Take care and continue to be encouraged and know you are an amazing person with a God given talent and gift! :)

Love, Elizabeth

Kristin Upcroft said...

Jenny, I have never heard a bad word spoken of you. I have had the pleasure of meeting you and spending time with you twice now and you are as sweet and inspirational in person as you are on your blog. Keep true to yourself and keep doing what you are doing. I too have had a challenging week on the photography front and my husband also told me to focus on the positive, amazing things that have happened too. Take care, talk soon.
Kristin
xxx

Jillian said...

I don't think I've even seen your wedding photos! You never showed them to me. Shame on you! haha just kidding ;) Can't waait :) x