Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Joyce and Mike: Wedding


It was an friend-filled affair. Almost every single face that swept past the eyes was recognizable, familiar. They had each been imprinted in the mind at various points in time. And that's rare you know... As a photographer, to step into a wedding, and realize you are completely surrounded by people you know, and know well. It meant that documenting this wedding, felt completely different...comfortable. at home. recognizable. Familiar.

So when one of your closest friends, marries one of the subjects that appeared in your very first weddings ever shot, the sentiment is a blend of joy and humorous irony :) Get ready to meet a whole handful of people that have graced their presence in my life, one way or another!






Joyce. One of the first people I met at university. She later introduced me to her church, which eventually opened up my entire world. I don't believe I would be who I am today without those people in my life.


The bridesmaids. Meet dawn (left) - she was my youth group leader, and then wedding photographer! Her talent, and the incredible model she set with her husband Alby provided the foundations to how I see love, relationships, and marriage. You couldn't meet two more Godly and beautiful people in those two. Meet Hoi Yan (right) - we met at church, but really got to know each other well when we dared each other to fart in front of each other at a church camp! We realized that we're both complete idiots and laugh at the most stupid things. I remember nothing but laughter and really sound advice from her :)






I love the below shot. It has a film feel to it which I just adore!





The flower girl decided it was cool to go against tradition and run up the isle the other way! :)




Elvin. The very first pastor I heard preach in my life. He is really a wise wise man :)






We then went to the street that Joyce and Mike spent their college days together. It was so cute, quaint and old! :D













Drinks after the shoot. You won't believe this, but the day was seriously INSANELY HOT! my jeans felt like they were going to melt off my legs!


Then at the reception it was nothing but laughs and good old hugs :)








End of the night toasting :)


A different take on the rings :)


Joyce and Mike, it was an honor to document your wedding day. It's an even greater honor being your friends. I can't wait til our next catch up when we eat your yummy roasts again and teach each other how to make chinese soups for our husbands :)

xoxo



4 comments:

Benjamin said...

another new set of pp style to my eyes...nice!

andrea blair said...

GORGEOUS...you whooo me with your fabulous style :)

Joanna said...

the flower shot is totally cool !

Liam said...

they are great, great job
like to see thses