Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jenny + Dennis: Beach Engagement



Of late, I've been craving simplicity. Sometimes life can throw you in somewhat of a whirlpool, and you are left spinning in frenzied confusion, because there is too much clutter, or because there is too little foundation to cling to for anchorage. While seen in life at times for myself , this has also included the photos I create. Our industry has the tendency to push for the innovative, the crazy, the eccentric, and the out-of-the-box in order to be recognized and be different... all in the name of 'NEW'. And sometimes, this works. Sometimes it magically pieces together and surfaces in the form of incredibly imagery. Most other times though, to my eyes, it feels like image clutter, and I forget what makes a photo beautiful.

So it was refreshing recently to shoot, for the sake of just documenting love as it is. Love in purity. Love in simplicity. Stripped down and bare, with no props, no fancy lighting, nothing but the clasping of hands, an embrace, just-because giggles, and quiet adoration. This may not win me many fans, but at the end of the day, it isn't really about that is it? It is about who is in front of your frame, and making them look as beautiful as they can be, and making them feel/look/be 100% them :)

Remember Jenny and Dennis' wedding? :) This was their engagement session, one unassuming but beautiful morning. We saw the sun rise, along one of the most gorgeous coastlines in a city I am so proud to call home :) Sydney, you are so exquisite, when you want to be :)










Yummy yummy light :)






I LIVE for light like this :)














Yes, Sydney, you are truly beautiful :)





13 comments:

matt said...

Simply beautiful!! Your photos paint a thousand words about the loving couple and of coz, the beautiful scenery Sydney has to offer (I know as I lived in Sydney for 3 beautiful years and missing it now). Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures-:) Cheers, Terence

Mary Anne Morgan said...

Magical, Jenny. I am a huge fan of simplicity, in so many ways. Thank you for taking the risk to do what your heart desires. Keep being you, that is the best gift you can give to the world, and to our God. :)

Girish said...

Very nice. As always. Love the back lighting of the sun.

Bernard Khoo said...

Lovely shots and love the 'bokeh' and the sun rays effect

Jonathan Dear said...

Yay for simplicity :)
Gorgeous Jenny - Seeing more telltale 85L flare which I looove :)
Nice to get back to basics -- seems props are the new thing now so its nice to see some simple, gorgeous and emotive images without the clutter.

Samson Cheung said...

Stunning ! You are gifted.

Katherine said...

omg the incredible light and location and modeling is killing me!!! Too lovely........great work

Amanda Marie said...

Ahhh Jenny....the last one is so....wow! You have inspired me in soooo many ways. I look at light in a whole new way because of you. Thank you from the very depth of my soul. xoxox

Amanda

Rima said...

Stunning images Jenny

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Gorgeous shots Jenny! what a beautiful couple, location and the light!!! oh my the light!!

amanda thiessen said...

gorgeous!

skin cancer symptoms said...

Hell i will love to have a wedding in a nice place full of plants with green colour all around cause this is the best day of my life .

Jason Lee said...

Classic Jenny Sun series. Just love it. Keep up the great job.