Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, May 10, 2010

Jenny + Dennis: Wedding !



It's 5 in the morning, and I am awake...the growing rumbling in my stomach from hunger despite the late dinner from the night before is putting a no-entry sign to my attempts to lay my head back on my pillow and fall into sleep. So here I am, doing what a blogger does best when she has time before her day starts :) She blogs. So, being the crazy illogical (ok, so I'm not really illogical :P But I may appear so! ) girl that I am, I'm going to blog completely out of order! And because it is my blog, that insanity is, OF COURSE, totally allowed! :)

----

The autumn chill had sunk its fingers delicately into the air that day, yet through its biting unpleasant grip as I was watching Dennis and Jenny behind the lens, I could see their love shimmer and shine like a constant ray of sun on a cloudy day....unwavering in simplicity, but solid in depth. I could see it when Dennis was holding back the lump in his throat as Jenny floated into view down the aisle. I could see it in the way he held her under that perfect afternoon glow in the forest. I could see it as she wiped away the tears as they cited their vows to one another. And I could see it as he spoke about her in simple amazement in front of all those people.

"There were moments where she'd be doing something simple, like washing the dishes, and I would just be like wow....she is my girlfriend. And today, I have those same moments where I look at her and go wow....she is my wife. " ~ Dennis

Thank you Jenny and Dennis for the honor to let me witness your beautiful union. You two are perfect and so was your wedding. I couldn't have been more thrilled as a romantic, and as a photographer to see the photos that gave birth from your special day. I hope you love these favorites as much as I do :)




Jenny's beautiful Alfred Angelo dress :)


Jenny was doing the makeup for her bridesmaids in the morning! :D





And Jenny's dad was always watching with his own camera too! :D

I love the pink bird and tree motif + theme that was everywhere during the wedding day :)







Then it was off to play in some of the most beautiful light I've seen in the southern hemisphere in a loooooong time. Thank you SO much God for amazing light. I live for these kind of moments :) I've always believed that May has the most beautiful light of the entire year! So I still stand by what I say - there is something special about May, and not just cos its my birthday month! :P












I was almost about to trash this photo, because my brother tells me there was too much flare, and I was like - but i LOOOOOOVE flare and this for some reason, seemed to work :) If you have been on my facebook fanpage, I have already explained that the flare is straight out of camera, shot with a canon 5D @100 ISO with an 85mm @f1.2 - no reflectors used. I promise I tell the truth! :D


Then it was off to Mandalay Reception House at Lane Cove for the dinner :)



We stayed around just long enough to catch the first dance (my always favourite part of the night)



And of course, in JSP style and tradition, a ring shot to end :)


Have a beautiful tuesday everyone!!

A side thank you note to EVERYONE who sent me emails, smses, messages, calls and facebook wall notes wishing me a happy birthday yesterday. You really are the best fans and friends a girl can ask for. They made my day, so thank you!! :D

love u all!! xox

22 comments:

ZhenXiong said...

Wicked!
Great shots and thanks for sharing!

Wales Wong said...

Your use of flare is absolutely amazing!

Happy Belated Bday Jenny!

Agnes Sim said...

Lovely shots!!! it's awesome!! ;-)

saehow said...

i really like ur shoot. great

Saw Kang Jong said...

Beauty!

Ian Salang said...

Jenny Sun makes me smile!! Really-really lovely pictures Jenny!

Paul Mock said...

Awesome work as always Jen! That is some gorgeously yummy light!!! :)

. s h e r r y * said...

Love their bird motifs. And that light is AMAAAZING.

Valen said...

Oh Jenny, you have inspired us once again! We see NEW element in your photos again, so fresh! there is so much enjoyment viewing your blog/photos cos you never stop bringing in new excitement to us! You are just so amaaaazing..I adore the set so much! :D

Nicholas Leong said...

Awesome shots as usual and that was some crazy flare!

James said...

Another beautiful set of photos! Love em, thanks for sharing.

andychin said...

Wow wow wow (X endless)

So beautiful, awesome!!!

PicturesByTracy said...

In AWWWWW of the flare pics! Your AMAZING Jenny!!!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous! Really adore your work!
Would love to have a set for myself! Can't wait to have my session with you this coming June!
See you! :)

Chau Heung said...

Jenny,good work! Awesome. :)

Anneli - A'la Foto said...

These are beautiful! The light is enchanting and the way you have captured it is amazing! The bride and groom must be very pleased! You are incredibly talented!

Tricia said...

Truly beautiful Jenny. I especially love the flare in the pics and the general way you used light here. Awesome!

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Good Grief Jenny, this wedding is amazing!! The sun Flare!! GAH! Seriously amazing.

Samantha Jones said...

Jenny, these are truly beautiful images. As a lover of flare shots myself, isn't nature wonderful when it allows us to play!

Charlie Bagah said...

Wow.. I just love flares.. I wonder if I could snap it just like you do! If only there are tutorials by you..

Katsu said...

Beautiful work!! Amazing!!

shel_eve said...

Awesome!!! Like it very much...