Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Autumn Bridal Session: Meg + Emma



One cool afternoon in my favourite season of the year, Autumn, my friends and I packed our things, loaded the boot, and let rubber meet cement to embark on a fun conceptual project we had been planning the prior few weeks.

There is just something magical about Autumn. The whole world starts to change colour, and the metamorphosis brings about the most gorgeous warmth to the skin of mother nature. Deep yellows, fiery reds, cinnamon browns, and sun-kissed oranges fill the kaleidescope that is before our eyes. Maybe it is because I was born in this season, or maybe it is the delicate balance of cool breezes in a still lukewarm air, but I just adore Autumn in all its subtle magnificence.

So, when the opportunity came to partner up again with the fabulousness of bridal couture designers Pretty in White to shoot something special in this season, I was thrilled!! And what made it better, was that my beautiful friends Tracy and Paul of Eclektic were on the team to help turn this shoot into a reality :)

Here are my favourites from the afternoon :)

Starting off with the film set:

Models: Meg and Emma
Hair/Makeup: Roxy2Foxy
Flowers: Cannisia Florist
Dresses: Pretty In White
Props: Mine :)
Styling: Myself + Tracy :)
Hair accessories: Pin Me Up Couture



I LOVE FILM!!! :D Just the fact that you can shoot as is, and NOT edit a single frame is amazing. I love this medium to bits :) All photos below are not edited. Only the frame was added in photoshop.


Meet Meg :)










Meet Emma :)











And here is the DIGITAL set :)



We started off with some of the more ethereal pieces in Pretty In White's Celestial collection :)




















And then moved to some bridal pieces later in the day :)










I love the following frames :)












The below shot was set up by Tracy :) Thank you for taking my props and making them look pretty Tracy!! :D






And probably my favourite frame from the day :)


Hope you enjoyed that!!

Have a gorgeous wednesday and week ahead everyone! I have an INSANE rest of the month so I hope to stay in touch with you via this blog, otherwise, I'll DEFINITELY be on my facebook fanpage so do join that if you want extra photos, tips/tricks, and news outside of this blog! :D

much love!

xox


32 comments:

Bernard said...

Lovely and very inspiring :).

Jessica R said...

This is such a beautiful shoot, the autumn colours are so beautifully illustrated through your images!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, Good job , Just so like it^^, hope t see more soon~~

Katie said...

Magnificant Jenny! Love so many of them - filme & digital. Gorgeous, gorgeous location too.

Robin Ng said...

Wow, i really love this series! the color are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

your photos are just too good to me!
you really inspires me. I like the calm tone & colorful photos of yours.
WELL DONE & Keep up the good job!
you have my vote! =)

Cheers;
Melissa TMK

Anonymous said...

I love your collection of photo's!!! You did a fantastic job with the colours and settings. I loved it. Hugs M xxx

evelyn said...

Wonderful collection! Absolutely love the fact that you don't need to edit these beautiful shots.
May I ask which camera did you use? Thanks!

Bubblie Green Tammy said...

Love it to Bits, really love Autum colour which is so Vibrant and Colourful. Fantastic.

Jenny Sun said...

@Evelyn: THANK YOU so much!! you're the sweetest!! :D Just to make things clear, i only DIDN'T edit the FILM photos. The digital photos I did edit :) I use a canon 5D and 5D MkII :)

Dennis said...

As always, Jenny - you do justice to our gowns!

Rudy said...

Seriously. I think you're one of the most inspiring photographer around. Im sold. Please be my mentor.

Rudy
www.rudylightroom.com

Pamelyn Tan-Corsi said...

Love this beautiful and vibrant set of photos. Gorgeous colours and models.

RaymondC said...

Hi, Jenny, As usual, the shot are just awesome. BTW, where is this place? It is so beautiful. Thanks

Natasha Khoo said...

I love this entire series. Your photos, the colours of autumn, the ethereal gowns, the styling, the hair accessories - simply G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny these are lovely!!! Thank you for gorgeous images...your AMAZING!!!

PinMeUpCouture loves you!!!

~Tracy & Michelle

PiggyViv said...

this is so so nice Jen !!

tammeegoreng said...

it's going up in my favourite sets list for you jenny :) love the compositions and lighting, great work!!!

Crystal said...

So beautiful.

Robyn said...

These are the best bridal portraits I've seen in a long long while. SO inspiring! You are amazing.

Danny Foo said...

Whimsical princesses redefined. Love it in B&W too. :D

P.S.: Woo, hard wood cases. I wonder if Malaysia has them. ROFL!

Girish said...

One of your best shoots till date. For sure. It was going on and on and enjoyed every moment of it.

Very very inspiring shots. Must say well posed candid or defined.

I felt I was in a fair tale or 60's-70s era.

Well done.

Paul | Eclektic Photography + Design said...

Great stuff Jen! Trace and I had an absolute blast collab'ing and shooting with you! We're just a bit behind in getting our shots up, but will let you know as soon as they are!

Thanks again for such a fun and creative day. Lets not wait too long before we do it again! :)

PS. you forgot one small teeny detail... Driver: Me!! :P

. s h e r r y * said...

These are awesome! I love the light and the leaves <3

Dee said...

Nicely done, Love it... :)

evelyn said...

Thank you so much for your reply Jenny :) The 5D MkII has always been in my wishlist since it was released. Your photos proved why; even as your talent and the camera came together to create a bunch of beautiful keepsakes.

ayienazri said...

lovely...n nice...

Limobe Photographic said...

Jenny, great work yet again. your work has an amazingly wistful feel to it, it's influencing my own style for sure. Thanks, Scott.

Nydia said...

SO SO SO Gorgeous!!!! :D :D :D I love this set Jenny :)

Lucas said...

Hi Jenny, What lens are you using to get the circular outer edge bokeh? Is it the 50 1.2 or the 85 1.2?

Also, the colours from the film you uses are also breathtaking. What film have you used?

I would also love to know where these were photographed.

Sorry to pick your brain so much!

Anonymous said...

Stunning stunning stunning! So elegant, Jenny! I would love to do something like this! What film camera are you using?

Michael Sharman said...

Love these images Jenny! Hey if you don't mind me asking, where was the location for this? Such beautiful backgrounds :)