Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seeing an Imperfect Person Perfectly


There is an age-old question that floats from generation to generation, touching ever heart and mind at one point or another in their existence.

How do you know you are in love? How do you know you really love them?

And not surprisingly, an entire myriad of answers have given birth of this philosophical question. “You just know”, “When you realize you cannot bear to be without each other”, “It was love at first sight”……..


While all these answers have merit and probably true in some form or another, I tend to side with a friend of mine who shared with me her personal experience “I knew I was in love when I realized I was willing to do things I really didn’t like, for him, because I knew it made him happy.” I particularly love it, because after 10 years of being together with my own husband (dating for 8, married for 2), I have found this to be the most true. I see love in sacrifice. Constant bearing, and giving of oneself for the other, even when you don’t like it, because you know it brings the other joy. It isn’t easy. In fact, there are days when we scream in frustration from its wheels of difficulty, but we do it again and again and again, for no other logical reason but because we love the other.

I sometimes think we put unrealistic expectations on the one we love… desiring them to shape up and be what the world tells us the perfect partner should be, and we forget the very reasons that amazed us about them in the first place. So on those days where cranky words are exchanged, when tears are more common than loving embraces, when hurt rises to become that lump in the throat, on those days when you forget why you love him/her, I choose to remember. Remember as best I can.

I remember when my husband chooses to clean the toilet. I remember the days he’d clean out the kitty litter. I’d remember the days he would wash up all those cups and dishes that piled up in the sink during my busyness. I remember the days he’d remember to call me because I was afraid I wouldn’t wake up in time for an early job. I remember the nights he would drive me out on a hunt for fruit because he knows my body needs it. I remember the days he chooses to go out to buy lunch back for me so I don’t work with an empty stomach. I remember the days he overlooks the dirty floors, even though he hates it. I remember…

I don’t profess we have a perfect marriage… in fact, far from it. The number of days we drive each other crazy proves it. But on those days, I choose to remember how much my husband puts himself out and sacrifices of himself to put me first, because he knows it makes me smile :) You see, it’s so easy to love when love is easy. But loving someone, when they test you beyond what you can tolerate, that’s real love.


We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly” – Sam Keen


------------------

And just because every post is better with a photo, here is a sneak peek to something which I'll be sharing on this blog space really soon :) Happy Wednesday everyone!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenny! Love "Seeing an Imperfect Person Perfectly"

Damaris Mia said...

I love this! It's so true.

Mark Leo said...

Fantastic write up Jenny! It really does make us reflect on how do we actually see other people and most importantly, the ones we love.

Grace Tan said...

Well said. :) Echoes what I believe too.

Nicholas Leong said...

Couldn't agree more :)

Shally said...

Thank you, jenny. U made me stop n think for a second. So thank you. :)

Bert said...

you should be a writer Jen!

thanks for the reminder to remember the times when our husbands CHOOSE to put us first over themselves, rather than to think about all the times when we perhaps don't necessarily feel loved! I fall into that trap all the time, and it's often my husband who bears the frustration and anger I have... it's not fair on him!

you know what? what you've written reminds me of another husband's love for his bride... the one TRUE husband who definitely chose to love his bride more than his LIFE!

sam said...

Jen you know how i love your writings yes?

Thanks for the reminder.. and for someone who's not married yet, its something to look forward to and aim at.

Thanks for bearing our your heart and soul with this one :)

Wiki Lee said...

Jen, I wish I could write like you do... jk jk jk

Thank you for the beautiful note... Both Ju and you are wonderful friends. We're so fortunate to witness your life closely in a week. Remember when I asked you personally about both of you love language because by that I could understand and sense how you respect Ju and how Ju cares about you :D

Once again, thank you guys!

AnnNicole said...

Jenny, thanks for recalling it to me.
In day to day work, I often take things for granted. I just wish that everyone will goes my way. I hope the work will just follow how should I want it be going. I just hope people would listen to what I wanted to say and I just want the days to be as I wish they were.
What I had really left far behind are them whom giving in to make my day. I just walk away thinking that is what everything should be.
However as days gone by, I came to a big shock that everybody actually tired to please that they eventually lead away. I felt regret by then.
If only I realized sooner, things will be not so annoying. Feeling will not be hurt so deep.
They had learn to see and accept the imperfect person of me perfectly.
Thro I may not be able to see so well but giving in alittle bit more will never hurt.
Happy everyday everyone :)

Katherine said...

I agree with you and your friend! Love is sacrifice- or sacrifice shows love! Ya know!

Jessica said...

Looooove the photo!

guynextdoor84 said...

I love the quote!!! "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Thanks!!!

red.dot said...

Well-said, Jenny :) My sentiments exactly.