Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nothing kind of days :)


Today has been one of those perfect kind of days. You know, where nothing much happens, but you have time (or, in my case choosing to make time). Time to slow down. Time to breathe in the simple pleasures of life. Time to come home, drop your bags, settle comfortably into the corner of your favourite couch, perch your feet up, and just sigh happily in unadulterated satisfaction in the simplicity of it all.

For one, I am not working. And that is a joy in itself. That is not to say I don't love my job. I love it with a fire that sometimes burns brighter than I can contain. And I know I am one of those fortunate few individuals in this world who can say without a doubt that I am allowed to do what I am ABSOLUTELY passionate about, and get paid for it. For that, I am more thankful than anyone can probably ever understand. However, as much as one loves their work. It is, at the end of the day, still work. And everyone needs a sabbath. Including me :)

So today, was one of those nothing kinda days, filled with the small pleasures of life that make a girl like me smile. You know... illy coffee, a refreshing workout at the gym, Nicholas sparks books, zara, chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream, red wine, and who can forget my other passion in life - music. I've just rediscovered some old music that I had completely forgotten about, and to an audio-byte lover like myself, it was like finding extra Christmas presents in the house, in June! :)

If only, we all took more time to slow life down enough to soak up all the little things that make life so pretty at times. To take a step out and away from the crazy we live in every day. To just stop. Perhaps we'd notice we are alot better off than the next person out there. Perhaps we'd be able to smile in the face of adversity with greater bravery. Perhaps we'd all be happier more often than not. Perhaps we'd realize that there is still much to be thankful for, even though we may not have been given perfect lives to live.

I am a paradox to my very core. You see, I am a complicated girl in many funny ways, yet at the very same time, it takes only a little to make me smile, and put a warm gooey buzz in my heart :)

Today has been one of those perfect kind of days. And while it won't last forever, the fact that You gave me one to enjoy in spite of everything going on around me, I thank you, Lord :)







7 comments:

Alexandra said...

This is a beautiful post. I love what you said about loving your work, being passionate, but still knowing the importance of a day off. Beautifully written.

Nick Lim said...

you almost made me cry Jenny! :'(
Beautifully written..

Yanina said...

I can really relate to every now and then needing that time to yourself to recharge. This is beautifully written!

Dee said...

Another well written post by you... may GOD bless you Jenny, have a great day :)

cutlex said...

I just found out about you through Green Wedding Shoes. I am completely in love with the fairytale like photos. It's like the perfect theme for my own wedding!

With these words, you mirror a great deal about who you are - a very loving, sweet and God-fearing person. I hope to find a job for me in the future that ignite the same fire as yours.

Anonymous said...

i wish i could have one of those days right now!!! :P

Florence Ki said...

wow, this is just the life that i want. hopefully with my wedding nails collections, i'll be able to enjoy like how you do one day. wish you many great days... cheers. http://100weddingnails.blogspot.com