Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, January 25, 2010

Travel Destination: London, UK


January has been an epic month of travel. I feel like I have been all around the world and back... in the blink of an eye! Seriously, 4 continents in the span of 2 week is like TOTAL crazy. I've come back with a lighter purse, and a new friend called jetlag. Jetlag likes to loiter around me like an unseen shadow, causing havoc on my appetite, my sleep patterns (literally waking up at 2pm and sleeping at 8am is completely insane!), productivity, and erasing everything my body holds onto to feel normal. BUT, despite all that crazy loopiness, January was exciting with workshops (attending and speaking!), weddings, and the globe trotting in between :)

My favourite stop had to be the UK in all its wintry delights. It was quite an eye opener to explore a country in its peak of winter - something I'd never done before. Sure, we get winters in Australia, but the cold that sets in the UK is something unique on its own... to only have 7 hours of daylight, to walk amidst the city streets at 2 degrees celcius and then having the wind wrapping around us making it even chillier than we could ever imagine. It went into your bones... that is how cold it was. I could feel it seep in, shudder the white and red inside, and chill some more. Ironically, for someone that loves the sun in all its glory, it was a complete delight to experience! I loved being able to wear thick coats and jackets, wear boots all day and night, have an excuse to buy leather gloves!, and drink hot tea and chocolate every day! :)

I think I'll return...maybe to roam the cobblestone streets, and mingle between the sandstone and brick buildings when the sun isn't hibernating. I hear London and the UK is gorgeous in the fall ;)

Here are my favourite shots from the trip to Birmingham and London...I've decided to process everything cold and wintry. Its not something I normally do, but it jsut didnt feel right to NOT bring across how I felt seeing the winterscapes (albeit no snow! boo! :( ) in these two cities. Sadly, I didn't take as many as I would have liked...There's just something strange about the cold... It tends to slow or switch my fingers and brain off a little :P There are more on film and the polaroids but I'll leave those for another time :) If you want to see more, there are some night scenes that I shot on my iphone, which you can see on my facebook :) I wish I had brought out my real camera that night! London at night is seriously spectacular and so full of colour!






Remnants of the cold the night before.


There are so many old structures and buildings in this part of the world!






The sun came out for 1 day....the sky was glorious throughout.








I don't really like to put photos of myself on this blog... not because there aren't any, but mainly because I am SO unphotogenic. And because this blog is for pretty things, I might continue to leave myself out :p But my boots and Ju's shoes get a cameo! Only cos I think they are cool :P






I found that people drink beer at 8 or 9 in the morning here! Very very strange!!


















I had ALOT of fun in the shopping district, on Oxford Street, in London


We also went to watch the musical "Wicked" which was a complete visual treat (plus the lady who plays the wicked witch of the west has the most stunning live voice I've heard)! London is completely FULL of the most amazing plays, musicals and shows. Love it!








London bridge.






And lastly, my favourite photo. Leftovers from the Christmas winter lights :)


24 comments:

Louis said...

London is lovely...pricey & wet yet full of nostalgia and history.

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE said...

So many wonderful Londony shots. Makes me want to go. Now.

Ian said...

I long to visit there some day! Very beautiful shots Jenny! Sigh.....

Zurina Bryant said...

You've captured it so well. I want to go back and visit again soon! :-)

Evonne Wong said...

Ahhh... I miss London. I lived there for a year during my 2nd year in college. I camped out overnight to get tickets for "Phantom of the Opera" as well as the Wimbledon tennis matches! You will only do crazy things like that in college! The theater district there is amazing!

Emma said...

Thanks for this visual treat Jenny! London was my home for over 5 years and sometimes I miss it dearly...

Nick said...

Beautiful shots Jenny!
I'll visit there one day..one day..huhu..

NAqib/Qippy said...

Nice capture of London. Miss it when I see the shots, I was there for 8 years when I was studying. I was in Central St.Martin's doing my Art related degree etc..London is truly an awesome place to be .

Danny said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures. It seems London isn't the dark and gloomy place that's depicted in my Sherlock Holmes stories :)

Expensive place to visit, but steeped with history. It's on my list far in the future, when the piggy is a little fatter.

Bernard Khoo said...

The Picture #6, gives the feeling like am in Hogwarts (Harry Potter). Love it !!

Adeline said...

The photos bring back so many wonderful memories of London..and how I miss it! Simply beautiful, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

London as I know it :D I live here! Btw, that's not London bridge, it's Tower Bridge. London bridge is next to it, but looks rather unspectacular. TY

Jackie said...

Oh my - your photos are just lovely - I am now really homesick.

BTW people drink beer in pubs at 9am in Queensland too!!!!!

Derick said...

Your pics look so great :) Hope you don't mind that I use your pic as my laptop wallpaper to lighten up my day everyday :)

Sandy said...

Wow, that's quite a bit of travel Jenny and to such awesome locations! I love the wintry effect that you gave all these pics! Love love love! Cute boots BTW!

Michelle said...

Ted Baker. Sale. Further reduction.
OMG. Wish I was there :P

Huey Yoong said...

Nice wintery shots of UK, Jenny. I spent winter 2007 in London & whole of England & despite the crazy temperature, it was fabulous! It's even lovelier during springtime & summer (yes, I've been there quite a few times... hehe)

And yes, thoroughly loved the theatre scene there as well - Les Miserable has to be the best play so far, beating even Phantom! (Caught Phantom in SG & twas so-so, and more expensive!)

Last but not least, to echo Anonymous - that's Tower Bridge, London bridge is next to it & is VERY inconspicuous :p

Keep safe & take care with all the globetrotting! *hugs* :)

Deyla Huss Photography said...

These are lovely shots!! I would most of these in my home in canvas!!!

Mei Teng said...

I love the boots shot!

I am not in favour of posting my own photo on my blog too. And recently just becoz of that, someone doubted the integrity of my work i.e. landscape, portraiture, food photos on my blog. Sigh...just becoz I don't post my photo of my face does not mean I steal other people's work and pass off as mine.

Do you get comments like that?

Photographer in Los Angeles said...

wow! your photos are just lovely, this is what i am looking for.. thank youJenny!

ajira said...

Fantastic images. You just totally made me homesick.

Kay said...

Would love to know your pp recipe for the "wintry" photos - absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

JoSh said...

Some incredible shots of Birmingham in there - my office is just behind the town hall. :)

Looking forward to the pre-wedding shots!!

Antonina said...

These are absolutely beautiful Jenny! I think there's something different in the way people capture places they don't live in. These remind me of the very first time I came to London and decided I wanted to stay - and that's how I saw the city then! :)