Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Jasmine Star Workshop down under!!


You have to have been living under a rock to not know the amazingness that is Jasmine Star :D She was down under in my hometown of Sydney recently and ran one of her much talked about workshops! Sitting on this end of the workshop, I can totally see why they sell out in minutes! I left buzzing... filled with excitement, motivation, and warm gooey inspiration :)

One of my favourite photographers, Jasmine is not only a really talented photographer, but an incredible person inside and out. She really made the effort to spend time and talk to every one of us individually, and unlike alot of photographers out there she was completely down to earth, real, 110% honest, and so incredibly humble despite her worldwide acclaimed status in our industry. You didn't feel like you were talking to an industry leader - you felt like you were just conversing with a friend, and that was so refreshing :) Her husband, JD is just the same. I have utmost respect for these two, and I'm so blessed to have been able to meet them, and learn from them :) Thank you Jasmine and JD for everything! Miss you two already! Hope you managed to find your dim sum in our chinatown!! :D

Here are some photos from the day! I made the decision to watch and listen to Jasmine while she shot and explained her thought processes throughout the shoot (more so than shooting myself), but I managed to squeeze a few on the digital camera :) There are more on the film, but those will be for another time. For now, have a look at what we got up to that strangely overcast day in the middle of our summer! :D




J* herself! :D


And her husband JD working his way around us to get shots :)


And then the lovely models we had that day!






Isn't this bouquet AMAZING? :D love love love it!






And these shoes are HOT :D








Last few snaps of the dynamic duo!






And lastly, a photo with Jasmine herself! I look silly, but thank you Jasmine for making this photo better! :D



Models:
Lacy and Evan Shelton

Flowers:

Dresses:

Hair and Makeup:

20 comments:

chipgillespie said...

Looks like fun!! Can't wait to meet you in Vegas!

eddielee said...

Wow!!! Its must have been an awesome experience !!! So fun!!!

Alexandra said...

Wow :) I'm so unbelievably jealous. Great shots you got!

Cathy Crawley said...

So glad you enjoyed the day, my shoes and everything else I arranged for you all :)

Deyla Huss Photography said...

So fun! I bet it was fabulous!

Ik Bing said...

awesome, jenny..!

alex.kruk said...

Jenny, Beautiful shoots ! Love Jasmine B&W one !

Charlie Bagah said...

Spectacular.. Great post Jenny. Love to see both Jasmine and JD.

valerie said...

love love love J* and JD too... been stalking her blog just as i stalk urs :p

Evonne & Darren Photography said...

Ahhh.... so so jealous that you get to see J* and JD! I can't wait to meet them someday!

Jonathan Dear said...

Hey Jen!
Gorgeous shots - best I've seen from the workshop :) Your processing really suits the styling. Happy you got to meet one of admirations! Lets catch up when your back!

Katie said...

Your photos are great! :) I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you at the workshop... I'm love your work - I think you are an amazing photographer!

Lydia said...

Isn't Jasmine the best?! Love the second picture of the models + the one of their feet! You do not look silly in the last picture! You're both beautiful!

. s h e r r y * said...

These look awesome! :) You did a great job.

Lorrie Prothero said...

beautiful work and great blog - I like feeling like I've stopped for a visit, not just peeking at your work. BTW - cool that you'll be in Vegas!

lauragray said...

Thanks for the photos, Jenny... :D i really love your photography, beautiful work and good blog.
Can't wait for the next time we shoot together.

rhembein said...

I just stumbled across your blog and love your stuff! I think you look sweet, and silly isn't bad. We all need to unleash our inner silly sometimes. :)

~gillian

Ricky Tang said...

So envious! If only I was in Sydney.

ajira said...

Fantastic images. Seriously. Your work is magical. You are beautiful!

Emily Dobson said...

Gorgeous portraits! Love every last one of them - even the candids of Jasmine and JD! Can't wait to attend her workshop myself...keeping my fingers crossed for this year!