Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Warren and Vera: Engagement


He asked her to rise up as soon as the sun had begun its daily ascent above the horizon, where he then took her hand and gently led her to the beach for a quiet stroll along the sandy shores.

Little did he know, that secretly, her intuition had already suspected something big was about to happen. But, not wanting to unravel his careful and meticulously woven plan, she went along. Played along. Sharing a private smile within herself in between.

And that is where she said YES. It was there that Vera joyfully accepted Warren's charming, albeit slightly obvious plan of proposal :) For it didn't bother her... the lack of surprise. She was going to spend the rest of her life with him, and that is the crux of what mattered most :)

"He doesn't normally carry out such big gestures of romance. And asking me to wake up at the crack of dawn. That was the big giveaway" explained Vera, in her usual bubbly and sunny manner. They both laughed at the honesty of the comment, and so did I :)

I love hearing proposal stories. It's a real privilege to learn about how two people fall in love, and then listen to the instant in time when they realize there will be no other for them. So thank you to any of you out there that do share with me your story - I'm really honored to be allowed access to such a cherished and special moment. So when I heard Warren and Vera's proposal tale, it reminded me of the fact that sometimes, the biggest most elaborate schemes are not needed when planning to ask the love of your life to spend the rest of her days with you. Sometimes, all you need is a hearty dose of sincerity, smothered with alot of love and genuineness. It's the thought that counts :) And I mean that in the very best of ways.

I spent one beautiful autumn afternoon with Warren and Vera, along those same sandy shores back at the place where it all began.

Here are some of my favourite moments as we hung out together for our 2 hour session :) And I say 'hung out', because that is how our time together felt like :) Thank you Warren and Vera for such an awesome time! And for coming out with me on a weekday (readers, I can't tell how how much more AWESOME it is to have your e-session with me on a weekday - not only do you get to take a day off and spend it with your fabulous fiance, but you also get alot of the locations we visit ALL TO YOURSELF because there are no weekend crowds!) You both rocked the lens, and my camera loved you back for it. Thank you for being so fun (LOVE clients like that!!) and I can't wait until your wedding in september!! You are going to both look gorgeous, I just know it :)






Fun in the sand!







Warren and Vera are awesome! They climbed a tree for me! Then kissed and made funny faces! Ok, well, Warren needs to catch up a bit, but its okay, we forgive him. Vera totally know what it means to make a funny face! haha :) I love it when clients dress smart casual - there's just no way the following shots would have been possible if you were in a big white dress and high heels! Okay, maybe it might be, but you'd run the risk of ripping ur dress.




Love this shot.



And the following two are probably my favourite from the whole day. Love the sun when it is about to set. So, people!! This is what you get if you stay with me til the end of the day! :)






















The sun setting. You can't get a better warm sun setting type of shot, then at a beach :)


And here is their slideshow :) Turn up your speakers and enjoy the extra lot of photos in the slideshow!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just luv your work! Do u mind at all sharing the technical info of this particular shooting you did? I am curious if you use any flash for those shots with backlight. cheers! annette

btw, any plan to conduct workshop in KL soon?

Jenny Sun said...

Hi Annette!

So lovely to hear from you :)

I'm more than happy to share the technical details for the shoot... as there are so many photos, are there any particular photos you would want more info on?

For the backlit shots, I don't use flash at all. I am a purely available light shooter so I will try not to use the flash unless its absolutely pitch black and I cannot get any light on the subject's face.

For the backlit shots, I shot the photo using a 50mm f1.2, wide open. There is a trick to getting flare, but its very difficult to explain in words... it is something I will need to show in person but its not too hard - just takes some practice, and training your eye to see the right light from the right angle.

I used the 24-70 as well as the 70-200 lens for some of the other shots. And I shoot wide open for all my photos :)

What else can I think of - oh yeah, have a BLAST with your clients. Its their expressions that truly make the photo stand out ;)

As for workshops? It has been in the back of my mind and its definitely a possibility, but as I mentioned in a previous post, there are some places and people I need to see and be, before I will start that path. But not to worry, if I do conduct a workshop, i'll be sure to announce it here on this blog.

Thanks again Annette for dropping a message :) You are one of those awesome brave blog readers that do, so we love you for that!

Linda Truong said...

Hey Jenny!

Awesome work as usual! :D

I'm loving it! If you have a workshop count me in! *nods enthusiastically* I'll be your first willing customer!!

Keep up the awesometastic work.

Anonymous said...

jenny, Heaps of thanx for your reply!! In your opinion, do u think the natural light in Au provides a better lighting source as compared to S'pore or M'sia?
annette

Joanna said...

lovely photos, jenny! i really like the beach walk photo (the 4th one) - the water looked awesome.

hope you get well soon, by the way!

Melissa Koehler said...

Hey there! Thanks so much for the blog love! I have been enjoying your beautiful work here on your blog. LOVE IT! Going to be bookmarking you for sure. I am so jealous that you are in Australia, I want to go SOOOO bad! xoxo

Mark Leo said...

Wow awesome set of photos! The photos all look so wonderfully captured and processed as well. Its really nice to be able to see the amazing work you have done.