Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bleh


There has been a silence living on this blog space this past week. One that I am quite aware of, believe me.

I've been feeling a bit 'bleh' of late. You know, that sentiment where you are neither here or there on the emotional scale. This comes as a little odd for me as for the most part, I'm usually harbouring some kind of feeling, or emotion that bears its mark on the day at hand, be it happiness, hope, envy, a pang of the blues... what?? I'm human too! :p

At the moment though, my mind is empty. Blank. Like, completely and utterly zero!

Which is completely strange as those who know me, will say that my head is always full of thoughts, bubbling away, sometimes so much so that they are literally bursting at the seams. It shows when I talk. AND, my notoriously long-winded emails.

This present void in heart and particularly mind, has meant that my usual daily desire to blog has gone MIA. Can you believe it? It's left me! haha... I'm sure once it does its wandering roundabout lurking to goodness knows where, it will come back to me and I'll be back blogging with full force with all these photos to share with you. But for now, I'd rather not taint such special photo sessions which I've wanted to blog about that involve my special clients, with this abnormal 'bleh' that has decided to plant itself all over my today.

I know alot of you visit my blog to see new photos, and I don't want to disappoint, so here is a little break from my portraits/engagements/weddings blog posts in the form of some photos I snared while walking the delighful and character filled streets of penang last week. Those of you who are in penang reading this - I *heart* your quaint little streets so full of colour and textures and I am completely in love with them! To those in the future who I'll be shooting for in the future in Penang, beware! I will be taking you out to these streets and we will be spending quite sometime there! :D

Sorry to those brides and readers who love the pretty and dainty. I love that too, but I also have a penchant for the gritty, run down, and dilapidated :) Jessica Claire and Jasmine Star (my two photography idols) - You would love Penang! :)












PS: Alot of people have asked about this, so I thought I'd share here that I do not ever crop my photos when post processing (alot of people have asked!). The cropping is all done in camera using my lens and my 2 feet ;)

7 comments:

Linda Truong said...

I am loving it! IT is so beautiful and boy it is great to be able to break away... You don't need to post photos all the time. I love reading your thoughts. Sometimes I have those moments too, when I just have nothing to say... No feelings.. Just... Meh! Glad to know that I can identify myself with an awesome photographer! =D

Ling said...

This is NICE!
I like the little details!

allen said...

Nice crop with just lens and 2 feet eh? :D
looks great!

Jenny Sun said...

thank you everyone! Your blog love has helped the bleh-ness fade a bit :)

Linda! its so good to know there is another out there who doesn't always need to see new photos, but is equally intrigued by thoughts and head notes :)

qippy said...

Nice stuff..Im off to Penang today infact...any idea of good spots to pose there for wedding shoots?

kitkat said...

Hiya, thanks for capturing those beautiful shots and essence of Penang ... love them! Oh, and I wouldn't mind having those cropping 'tools' of yours too ;P

whoalse said...

Penang still has its charm. Done the heritage trail? I haven't myself though growing up there!

I believe in cropping in-camera but with digital majority some have taken the quick route by shooting wide and cropping later which spoils the credibility of those who get IT right before the click!

I'm linking your site to a friend of mine but she's in Melbourne (so am I).